Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    yes i-VTEC is new ballpark, but to rule out K20A3 potential is silly, I remember when I had my 94 LX Civic, I couldnt find shit for the non-VTEC D-series motor so I bought a B18B longblock (which I still have:( ) then I traded the car in to get my Si. Now Skunk makes a Intake Manifold, Edelbrock makes a 50 state legal turbo, camshaft companies bit on etc. Toda Racing specialize in making parts for Japan's higher end motors. I doubt Japan even has a A3 in Honda's production line over there (dont quote on that), that would be like Edelbrock making parts for the K20A. The Aftermarket companies are going to work with what they have, Hence Toda/Spoon/Mugen all respectable racing divisions overseas are currently working with what they have. Have faith in the U.S import parts manufacturing, because everyone knows that America is all about money and it wont be long before the market tries to capatalize on some profits, and it takes them making parts to make money. You'll see

you can wake up now:D

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
    To be honest, I doubt we will see much of anything NA related. Look at toda, they have a ton of shit for the K20A and K202. Nothin for us. Skunk's project...we'll lets just put it this way, they're so tired of messing with the k20a3, they are going to toss that engine out and throw a K24 in.
    A agree... I have lost faith.. :(

Boost time for me hopefully...

I love a turbo as much as the next person but what good is power if it doesnt reach the ground. If I remember reading correctly the fastest POSTED quarter time with I/H/E and Hondata on a EP was 14.6 secs. While again if I remember correctly ssvr6 (sorry for using you as a example) is running the Cybernation Turbo and ran a 14.4 sec. Total the cost of a turbo kit then total the cost of I/H/E and Hondata. Then ask yourself if that extra cost was worth .2 in the quarter. To each his/her own I'm aware of, I think the turbo would be awesome for daily driving or racing from a roll. I have floated back and forth about if i was going to get my header and Hondata or get turbo. A header and Hondata will benefit me in the bigger picture. I ordered my header from Options and will be getting Hondata probably within the next 2 weeks, then I'm going to sit back and chill and give the aftermarket some time to develop for the K-Series. Just some thought for you guys and gals.

i drive an rx7.
    i agree. it would be stupid to give up on this car right now. its still got at least another year in production and honda obviously isnt dropping the k series cuz they still got the rsx right? give it some time, im sure better turbo kits will come, better pistons, better everything. theres always going to be engine swaps going around. look at the b18 swap into the old civics. duh of course people are gonna swap a bigger motor. but look at all the b16's too! give it some time man, when all the aftermarket companies figure out this whole ivtec thing, itll be a whole new game

Originally posted by CIVICBOOST
    yes i-VTEC is new ballpark, but to rule out K20A3 potential is silly, I remember when I had my 94 LX Civic, I couldnt find shit for the non-VTEC D-series motor so I bought a B18B longblock (which I still have:( ) then I traded the car in to get my Si. Now Skunk makes a Intake Manifold, Edelbrock makes a 50 state legal turbo, camshaft companies bit on etc. Toda Racing specialize in making parts for Japan's higher end motors. I doubt Japan even has a A3 in Honda's production line over there (dont quote on that), that would be like Edelbrock making parts for the K20A. The Aftermarket companies are going to work with what they have, Hence Toda/Spoon/Mugen all respectable racing divisions overseas are currently working with what they have. Have faith in the U.S import parts manufacturing, because everyone knows that America is all about money and it wont be long before the market tries to capatalize on some profits, and it takes them making parts to make money. You'll see

you can wake up now:D
    then why did they work on the rsx type s? they have the type r over there. They have a reflash for the us model. They have a ton of things for the us model type s. They won't bother with it, because it only has vtec on the intake side. I'm tellin you guys....I'll eat my words if they come out with something major NA for us. you listed that stuff for your other car you had...one thing being a turbo, we have turbos, no problem there, I'm talking NA

I love a turbo as much as the next person but what good is power if it doesnt reach the ground. If I remember reading correctly the fastest POSTED quarter time with I/H/E and Hondata on a EP was 14.6 secs. While again if I remember correctly ssvr6 (sorry for using you as a example) is running the Cybernation Turbo and ran a 14.4 sec. Total the cost of a turbo kit then total the cost of I/H/E and Hondata. Then ask yourself if that extra cost was worth .2 in the quarter. To each his/her own I'm aware of, I think the turbo would be awesome for daily driving or racing from a roll. I have floated back and forth about if i was going to get my header and Hondata or get turbo. A header and Hondata will benefit me in the bigger picture. I ordered my header from Options and will be getting Hondata probably within the next 2 weeks, then I'm going to sit back and chill and give the aftermarket some time to develop for the K-Series. Just some thought for you guys and gals.
    how many people hit 14.6 with that setup on NA? Not too many and not too often. SSVR6 hit a 14.4 with some big 17's and some terrible 60ft...not too mention the weather was not ideal. SSVR6 is one person. The rest of the turboed ep's have it mid 13's.
    I'm not trying to bust your ass, I would love to stay NA with this motor, but it just isn't a good idea. My goal is to get the type s motor and go toda crazy

Canuck
    only 1/4 times I've seen were from myeverlovinsir who is also the only guy I know around my parts with Hondata. He ran a 15.2 with I/H/midpipe and Hondata, at 92 mph. Not too shabby really. That was with stock tires and stock suspension on a track that doesnt have very much grip.

At the same track with I/H/midpipe a couple of us were running 15.7 at 88 mph with better tires and suspension. So I think the Hondata was good for at least 1/2 second in 1/4 mile and a whopping 4mph terminal speed. That's a decent gain. I am sure Glen could have gotten high 14's with decent tires, and springs, or even at a better track. Should be easily attainable.

thats about all the info I can share.

Joey

who bought this car hoping it would be hella fast anyways? not i

car-less for now.... 2k2_nbp_egg's Avatar
    Sorry, but the only thing the stock K20A3 is good for is boost. If you wanna bolt a couple bolt ons to have fun thats good and all, but if you are serious and wanna build it up for an n/a setup then you might wanna reconsider. By the time you've applied all the right parts(A2 head, higher cr pistons) and performed all the necessary n/a goodies (port and polish, boring/stroking) you will have passed the price needed for a stock K20A2, the real n/a engine. If you're gonna go N/A, swap the lil' turd out (and sell it!!!) for a K20A2, and go toda crazy like 02silversihb said. You should get around 220whp after tunning and somewhat serious internals (cams, springs, ecu blah blah blah)...but if you're gonna keep the stock engine then boost that little bad boy. It's got a somewhat low C/R so I'm sure it doesnt' mind it....as seen by the fact that it more than doubles the stock WHP.

As for hondata, jdkindle how much are you selling it for? I know you were the first one to run 13's on that shiat, but honestly 600 is too much, especially for the K20A3 flash. Looking at what you guys gain from it makes it that much harder to shell out the same amount. If a group buy were to come up on it, and it was around low 500's I would DEFINITELY consider it, and im sure others would too. Something to think about....

Now if only we could get it the same price that adam got it for :(

then why did they work on the rsx type s? they have the type r over there. They have a reflash for the us model. They have a ton of things for the us model type s. They won't bother with it, because it only has vtec on the intake side. I'm tellin you guys....I'll eat my words if they come out with something major NA for us. you listed that stuff for your other car you had...one thing being a turbo, we have turbos, no problem there, I'm talking NA
    Tell me the difference in the K20A2 in the CTR and tell me the difference in the K20A2 found in the U.S Rsx Type-S. I cant think of one, like I said previously those Japanese racing teams and aftermarket companies are working with what they have. It just so happens that the Rsx-S is the same motor found over in the CTR (you know this I know). I'm not saying that turbo is bad at all, I'm just saying people need more faith in our money hungry country and give the U.S aftermarket some time to finger stuff out with the new engine design. Civichatch boi is absolutely right anyone looking to go "fast" should have bought another car but that takes the fun out of "tuning". 13 seconds stock is what the higher end imports are running from the dealerships and that by all means isnt fast either, but it is "quick" dont get me wrong. This is just my point of view and take it for what it is nothing more, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Lates

Tell me the difference in the K20A2 in the CTR and tell me the difference in the K20A2 found in the U.S Rsx Type-S. I cant think of one, like I said previously those Japanese racing teams and aftermarket companies are working with what they have. It just so happens that the Rsx-S is the same motor found over in the CTR (you know this I know). I'm not saying that turbo is bad at all, I'm just saying people need more faith in our money hungry country and give the U.S aftermarket some time to finger stuff out with the new engine design. Civichatch boi is absolutely right anyone looking to go "fast" should have bought another car but that takes the fun out of "tuning". 13 seconds stock is what the higher end imports are running from the dealerships and that by all means isnt fast either, but it is "quick" dont get me wrong. This is just my point of view and take it for what it is nothing more, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Lates
    hhhmmm, shit you got me there :D I forgot about the ctr having the same k20a2 as the type s.

Canuck
    hhhmmm, shit you got me there :D I forgot about the ctr having the same k20a2 as the type s.
    CTR has electric power steering. doesnt change much but I thought I'd through that out there.

Originally posted by JSIR
    CTR has electric power steering. doesnt change much but I thought I'd through that out there.
    LOL:p

Originally posted by JSIR

A3 has enough power for autox. Plenty.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information