Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by weltall View Post
    ill definately hit you up when the time come

ill know in about a year (im just trying to get all my ducks in a row so i no for sure that i can still have my car with outa state plates)

it just sucks that they still make us get the cert shit done to drive our NC registered cars on base
    good news if u r in the army and u are active no need to reg in cali not required by DMV :) i know this cause i do reg's and Insurance here in cAli :)

Quote Originally Posted by 03 inspire View Post
    good news if u r in the army and u are active no need to reg in cali not required by DMV :) i know this cause i do reg's and Insurance here in cAli :)
    bong! good ass new boi! i like that um um yup!

Quote Originally Posted by 03 inspire View Post
    when the heck id tht change, cause the last time i tried to register my car there they told me I had to do a emissions check and this back in 03. BUt I never going to register my car out there anyways. I'll stick with my texas plates or any state has no emissions check. God I love my turbod civic. Just wish the damm thing to run when it gets back to texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    when the heck id tht change, cause the last time i tried to register my car there they told me I had to do a emissions check and this back in 03. BUt I never going to register my car out there anyways. I'll stick with my texas plates or any state has no emissions check. God I love my turbod civic. Just wish the damm thing to run when it gets back to texas.
    what part of texas you at? you dont have anyone starting up you civic from time to time?

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeenyusss View Post
    i odnt know what to say to that, except not everyone has teh resources you do or the know-how to put together a proper kit with all the fittings.

so as a summary i would say for your remarks your a complete narrowminded loser

and hey, since people that buy full-race kit are "hardparkers" (whatever that means) you should take your rinky-dink "mad jdm custom turbo kit" up against jason.
    Ok. Well, I built a 520 WHP capable setup for $2400 minus drivetrain support and tuning (using a, at then, bling Precision snail). Yeah, you got me. But lead on your vicarious life and tell me I can't compete with other people and fail to even focus on yourself.

It's not about having these resources though; it's finding them. You'd be surprised how many people would stand behind their private work. I can't weld, but that's about all I can't do (I hope to do all my own tuning in future).

A hardparker is a performance version of a ricer. They buy bling performance parts but have never seen a track. Basically what 95% of this site is. Sorry. And JDM is rice. I don't buy into it; never did.

But yes, I'm a loser. Let me go find someone else's setup to compete with you. LOL.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by playap07 View Post
    i dont have the patients to look around for parts for a custom turbo kit! i just want to buy a nice kit that will give me 250+ hp with all the good accesories including kpro! i got a good ass deal on my turbo kit and its been show that the revhard kit puts dont 250+hp so i didnt really over pay! i also dont have the patients to sit around and get pipes welded! only the oil pan cause that shits simple as fuck! let me know how much your custom kit cost you! with stock internals?! and ill run you! custom against rev hard! custom may win but revhard is only an inch behind your ass if you got the good shit!
    Ok well... You are hell bent on making the EP3 the performance car it never was, so I can't argue with ignorance. 250 WHP. Oh boy. Good thing the EP3 is a sled compared to most modded Civics. You might trap 105 if you're lucky (that's not fast BTW).

Quote Originally Posted by JCEM View Post
    You have somebody who will build a custom kit for you and stand by their work.

Good for you.

Most people don't have those kind of resources. That leaves kits built by reputable companies who have done the R&D to ensure that the engine is going to run reliably. If these kits don't suit you, fine - but saying people are idiots for buying a kit that's known to work well and suits their needs....well, lets just say you're on the wrong forum for that kind of attitude.

BTW, what the hell is a "hardparker"
    Well since you seem to have a grasp on things unlike the one above, I'll be a little less harsh when I say this: aside from what I already mentioned about resources, most of the extra bling isn't necessary for you, me, or majority of modders. Even I plan to trap 130 on my next setup and I'd never consider that bling stuff. Why? Because there is a HUGE market for Honda's and you can find comparable products for cheaper! I bought my first custom mani, dp, and IC piping from SpoolinPerformance before he became a big shot. I sold it off and the guy that bought it made over 400 WHP on a partially built LS shortblock. Guess what? All of that costed as much as a single FR manifold! And how many 600 WHP EP3's are there to need these insanely expensive, top of the line products? You see me as a nuisance but I'm not.. I'm just playing devil's advocate.
    Last edited by RTE117; 06-24-2008 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by weltall View Post
    ill definately hit you up when the time come

ill know in about a year (im just trying to get all my ducks in a row so i no for sure that i can still have my car with outa state plates)

it just sucks that they still make us get the cert shit done to drive our NC registered cars on base
    same here. its rediculous...

Quote Originally Posted by RTE117 View Post
    I still do not understand why people over pay for these kits. I say just put your own together.

It's kinda like this to me:

Anyone buying the bling kits like Full Race are idiots or just hardparkers (which is big in the Honda world). Sorry. My buddy's dad is a welder of 22 years and has been in the automotive industry for longer and will build me a top mount, dump tube, manifold, etc for a goddamn FRACTION of the cost of those bling setups and guarantee his work until the day he dies.

Then there are the kits which include shit you will never use like FMU's and tiny turbo's.. Not so good for Honda engines IMO. So in the end you end up paying for to replace/upgrade.
    i got another idea everyone should get a custom exhaust made instead of buying the prefabbed name brands one. Also, stop buying intakes, headers, etc.

While we are at it, you are a hardparker if you go to the store and waste your money on groceries because you can just grow the foods yours or go hunting and get your own meat.

Stop buying clothes and start making your own before you Is a HardpArker fo ReaLz.

Most turbo ktis can produce a lot of power its the engine holding it back

i forgot though, your mechanical and turbo knowledge surpasses everyone on this site.

oh yeah i agree jason running 11's at the track is hardparking.

go back to where you came from:

www.honda-tech.com
    Last edited by jeenyusss; 06-25-2008 at 03:11 AM.

A hardparker is a performance version of a ricer. They buy bling performance parts but have never seen a track. Basically what 95% of this site is. Sorry. And JDM is rice. I don't buy into it; never did.
    I found a definition for hardparking HERE. And here I thought it had a different meaning.

RTE117, I see what you're saying and you make some good points. Most JDM parts people really are concerned with are rice, but things like JDM headlights, Recaro seats and the k20a engine for the CTR are superior to the USDM versions. There's nothing wrong with being hardparker if you can afford the parts and you enjoy the hobby. I don't see anything wrong with people who own showcars and hardly or never drive them, they are hardparking to the extreme, but it makes the happy, so that's cool.

RTE117, some people might see some flaws in the things you typed in this thread, but that's cool. I think you're brave for putting your opinions out there. I agree with you that people shouldn't be afraid to piece together their own turbo kits. And it's true that hardparking is more common in the Honda community than in other car communities. It's nice to see someone on ephatch who is opinionated and not afraid to have viewpoints that few others agree with.

All that said though you gotta respect ephatch because ephatch members have the world's fastest and highest horsepower ep3s. The emphasis on this site is on clean, classy cars without silly bodykits. Sure, looks is more important to most people on here than performance, but that's ok.

If you hate the ep3 it's probably the wrong forum to be on. And some of us hate pointless rice as much as anyone else does. But there is nothing wrong with wanting your car to be pretty either. Not everyone cares about racing, some people just want to create a machine that could kick ass if it had to, but they want to keep their car cute so they never ride it hard or push it much.

We have some ep3s on this forum that look pretty bad and some that have a lot of money spent on them and still look bad. But we also have some really badass ep3s on here as far as performance and also as far as styling, and I am not just talking JDM junk.

*exhales* lol Well, that's long enough. Hopefully this thread turns peaceful and we all find a way to get along.

Ok well... You are hell bent on making the EP3 the performance car it never was, so I can't argue with ignorance. 250 WHP. Oh boy. Good thing the EP3 is a sled compared to most modded Civics. You might trap 105 if you're lucky (that's not fast BTW).
    Your a funny person! your the one with ignorance! first of all i only have one car and the ep3 is my that! i have no mechanical skills to make a high hp car and i could care less about make one due to the fact l like to travel and dont want to have 15 mpg with 500+..! i want 250+ hp because its a good amount to have just to get on it when ever i want to versus a stock evo or sti! O yes i know thats not as fast as weltalls car but i really dont care! WHAT THE FUCK AM I GOING TO DO WITH 500 HP??? i cant travel from new mexico to cali in that type of performance car! before you try to get at someone use the education that you should have gotten to figure out the goal of what the owner of the vehicle is tryin to accomplish! THIS IS ALL YOUR OPINION...last i checked i didnt ask you to cretic my cars set up! HOW THE FUCK YOU GOING TO COME ON THIS SITE AND TALK ABOUT HOW PEOPLE THAT BUY TURBO KITS ARE WASTING MONEY! DO YOU FUCKIN PAY ME......YEA I GUESS YOU DO SINCE I GET PAID WITH YOUR TAXES(US AIR FORCE)! im going to spend my money on what ever i want! SO YOU AND YOUR OPINIONS CAN GO TO HELL! HAVE A NICE FUCKIN DAY KID!
    Last edited by playap07; 06-25-2008 at 11:35 AM.

You might trap 105 if you're lucky (that's not fast BTW).
    Holy 1320 Batman! Are people still drag racing?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by playap07 View Post
    Your a funny person! your the one with ignorance! first of all i only have one car and the ep3 is my that! i have no mechanical skills to make a high hp car and i could care less about make one due to the fact l like to travel and dont want to have 15 mpg with 500+..! i want 250+ hp because its a good amount to have just to get on it when ever i want to versus a stock evo or sti! O yes i know thats not as fast as weltalls car but i really dont care! WHAT THE FUCK AM I GOING TO DO WITH 500 HP??? i cant travel from new mexico to cali in that type of performance car! before you try to get at someone use the education that you should have gotten to figure out the goal of what the owner of the vehicle is tryin to accomplish! THIS IS ALL YOUR OPINION...last i checked i didnt ask you to cretic my cars set up! HOW THE FUCK YOU GOING TO COME ON THIS SITE AND TALK ABOUT HOW PEOPLE THAT BUY TURBO KITS ARE WASTING MONEY! DO YOU FUCKIN PAY ME......YEA I GUESS YOU DO SINCE I GET PAID WITH YOUR TAXES(US AIR FORCE)! im going to spend my money on what ever i want! SO YOU AND YOUR OPINIONS CAN GO TO HELL! HAVE A NICE FUCKIN DAY KID!

Ok. Well, I built a 520 WHP capable setup for $2400 minus drivetrain support and tuning (using a, at then, bling Precision snail). Yeah, you got me. But lead on your vicarious life and tell me I can't compete with other people and fail to even focus on yourself.
    do you think you could go into detail on your $2400 set up? maybe some pictures, a parts list, and if the part was new or used.

i pieced together a custom turbo setup with all new parts. it was $2400 just for the hondata, intercooler, and turbo.

Last edited by dustyboner; 06-26-2008 at 04:50 AM.

I do a similar car repair. I am glad that I can find out something here and after years it will be cheaper. This is my first car. Regards.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information