Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Turbo Kits for the EP so far

Turbo Kits for the EP3: Everyone feel free to provide additional information to make this Sticky accurate.

Cybernation Turbo Stage 2:
    264 whp correct me if I'm wrong (ask Steve on the price)
    7.5 PSI

Rev Hard Stage 2:
    254 whp and 288 lbs/ft of Torque
    7 PSI
    Hondata FI flash included $3400
    pending CARB approval

Greddy Turbo:
    50 whp Stage 1 kit:
    6.5 PSI NO INTERCOOLER included (sold seperate)
    CARB APPROVED (good for us CA people)
    pre-programed Greddy E-Manage included
    440cc RC injectors, Turbo designed after Skyline with internal wastegate,BOV,piping,turbo manifold,
    Last edited by CIVICBOOST; 10-04-2003 at 05:49 PM.

FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    Cybernation Stage I Kit:

$3995 for complete kit
    $750 for install @ CN or DIY

T3/T4 Hybrid Turbo
    ~260 Wheel HP
    ~210 ft/lbs Torque
    @ 7.5 lbs boost

Kit INCLUDES (among the necessities these other nice bonuses)
    Apexi S-AFC II
    Boost Guage, Air/Fuel Digital Guage, 2 pod generic mount for a-pillar
    Black Magic ELF ECU Chip

*** Catalytic Converter is removed with standard install!!
    (High Flow Cat can be used, but you will likely loose HP)

THIS KIT IS COMPLETE FOR A STAGE I THRU STAGE III SETUP!!!
    All you need to do to go up a stage is swap out stock engine internals for parts that can handle the added boost!

STAGE II Upgrade: New Pistons and Rods - $1000 for parts from C.N.
    Then just adjust the wastegate to turn up the boost or add a boost controller (manual or electronic) which is optional.

Hope the added info helps...
    My kit will be here soon ;)

Eric

ephatch member

all wrong

First you must keep one thing in mind-every car has a mind of its' own and they all tune different from another, so where revhard is claiming 240 whp. and 190ft/lbs tq. at 7psi. and cybenation is claiming 262 whp. and 210ft/lbs tq. at 7.5psi. well your car might not produce that at all! Mine produced 252 whp. and 216 tq. at 8ps. and only produced 230 something before tuning. So one must keep one thing in mind- these are all base #s and they all will come close with tuning. Oh and they are all stage1 exept CN. has an upgrade to 2 or 3 and the greddy kit is lacking alot for the $$$ but is prefrence because it's the only kit with a mitsu turbo, all the others are using a T3-T4 and with the proper internals all of these are capable of prducing 350 to 400whp.

yes altitude and climate play major roles when it comes to tuning

ephatch member
    Actually it's more like a blood type and each motor acts a little differnt.

Re: all wrong

Originally posted by surfsi
    First you must keep one thing in mind-every car has a mind of its' own and they all tune different from another, so where revhard is claiming 240 whp. and 190ft/lbs tq. at 7psi. and cybenation is claiming 262 whp. and 210ft/lbs tq. at 7.5psi. well your car might not produce that at all! Mine produced 252 whp. and 216 tq. at 8ps. and only produced 230 something before tuning. So one must keep one thing in mind- these are all base #s and they all will come close with tuning. Oh and they are all stage1 exept CN. has an upgrade to 2 or 3 and the greddy kit is lacking alot for the $$$ but is prefrence because it's the only kit with a mitsu turbo, all the others are using a T3-T4 and with the proper internals all of these are capable of prducing 350 to 400whp.
    Is that really the big deal about greddy is because its a miStu turbo? I would think because it was the less expensive out of the 3 because the turbo is smaller then revhards or cns?

I don't know much about the mitsu turbos short of them not being a ball bearing turbo, can anyone add to this?

Also, is it just me, or is it a pleasant suprise how much torque these turbo kits are putting to the wheels over previous gens turbos?

Re: all wrong

Originally posted by surfsi
    Dude, you need to get in touch with me about your turbo... I have some news for you that may put you up to par HP wise with Steve for no dollars at all...

Eric

can i use the e-manage with the rev hard kit

ephatch member

Thumbs down

GREDDY ISNT CARB APPROVE YET

South Florida Performance

2003 HONDA CIVIC Si SFP TURBO KIT

250whp @6psi 207lbs tq
    Garrett T3/T04E (1yr warranty)
    Tial 38mm waste gate
    Tial 50mm blow off valve
    Custom intercooler core w/end tanks 2.5

Wow! damn....do i want to go JRSC or Turbo...damn...

Vendor
    To answer some questions, the Greddy kit does use the mitsu turbo, and that gives it an advantage and disadvantage. First off, the turbo spools very quickly and can produce significant power fast. Unfortunatley, since it is small, it spins very fast and does not flow as much volume of air CFM. This produces a flatter torque curve, found mostly at higher RPM's. As well, the maximum capacity of the greddy is not as high as a T3/T4 design can go. The Cybernation, SFP, and Rev Hard kits use bigger turbos, are more complete and can potentially make more power. If you are looking to just boost 7-9 psi consistantly the entire life of the motor, then the greddy is a good choice. If you plan to build your motor, which does not just mean pistons and rods, go with the others. A proper motor build includes pistons, rods, head bolts, and especially Sleeves. Without the sleeves, you might as well keep your 8 psi. The head is a very important work too. The cam profile should match the turbo kit and allow the proper breathing. I see that some of these kits include fuel managment and electronic controlers which are good to have. THe injectors are a must if you dont want to max out the stockers. Finally, an upgraded fuel pump is recomended, bc the stock wont last that long. The rest you guys know and for some reason I decided to write up a huge turbo faq for no reason. I hope this helps those who dont know and those who do agree with me.

Happy boosting that K20

TRUEHONDA.COM coming in February-- your one stop for EP3, DC5, and EM2 real performance parts.

ephatch member
    well thanks fo the info im thinking of going turbo for my first time and that really helps im leaning towards the cybernation one im jsut thinking if it will pass emisions

Well, last time I checked, you needed a Cat to pass emissions.... The Cybernation kit is designed to not have a cat on the car. You would have to goto florida and have them customize it for you to get it to work with a Cat. I'm sure that won't be cheap and will loose a fair amount of power.

... Not to mention CN dosen't do any work in house anymore either....

Eric

ephatch member
    that sucks i didnt know that know i know keeping on the cat would kill the horsepower huh .....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information