Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    ephatch member
    I still do not understand why people over pay for these kits. I say just put your own together.

It's kinda like this to me:

Anyone buying the bling kits like Full Race are idiots or just hardparkers (which is big in the Honda world). Sorry. My buddy's dad is a welder of 22 years and has been in the automotive industry for longer and will build me a top mount, dump tube, manifold, etc for a goddamn FRACTION of the cost of those bling setups and guarantee his work until the day he dies.

Then there are the kits which include shit you will never use like FMU's and tiny turbo's.. Not so good for Honda engines IMO. So in the end you end up paying for to replace/upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by RTE117 View Post
    I still do not understand why people over pay for these kits. I say just put your own together.

Anyone buying the bling kits like Full Race are idiots or just hardparkers (which is big in the Honda world). Sorry. My buddy's dad is a welder of 22 years and has been in the automotive industry for longer and will build me a top mount, dump tube, manifold, etc for a goddamn FRACTION of the cost of those bling setups and guarantee his work until the day he dies.

Then there are the kits which include shit you will never use like FMU's and tiny turbo's.. Not so good for Honda engines IMO. So in the end you end up paying for to replace/upgrade.

i dont have the patients to look around for parts for a custom turbo kit! i just want to buy a nice kit that will give me 250+ hp with all the good accesories including kpro! i got a good ass deal on my turbo kit and its been show that the revhard kit puts dont 250+hp so i didnt really over pay! i also dont have the patients to sit around and get pipes welded! only the oil pan cause that shits simple as fuck! let me know how much your custom kit cost you! with stock internals?! and ill run you! custom against rev hard! custom may win but revhard is only an inch behind your ass if you got the good shit!

You have somebody who will build a custom kit for you and stand by their work.

Good for you.

Most people don't have those kind of resources. That leaves kits built by reputable companies who have done the R&D to ensure that the engine is going to run reliably. If these kits don't suit you, fine - but saying people are idiots for buying a kit that's known to work well and suits their needs....well, lets just say you're on the wrong forum for that kind of attitude.

BTW, what the hell is a "hardparker"

i can run down streetbikes with my "waste of money"
    i once had a 592whp ep on pump gas, i sold it and bought a Z
    (heed my advice i know what im doing)

Quote Originally Posted by weltall View Post
    i can run down streetbikes with my "waste of money"
    welt hows the kit treating u ?

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by 03 inspire View Post
    welt hows the kit treating u ?
    apparently not good enough if he's trying to sell the car

click the link in my sig to see

the kit is awsome its just i might get stationed in cali in the near future and there is NOOOOO way ill be legal out there

i have to have a smog cert to get on base even if i have out of state tags

the kit is awsome its just i might get stationed in cali in the near future and there is NOOOOO way ill be legal out there

are you serious! what the fuck! that cant be true.....hit up base legal! what base you going too??

penelton or miramar

god forbid okinawa

i odnt know what to say to that, except not everyone has teh resources you do or the know-how to put together a proper kit with all the fittings.

so as a summary i would say for your remarks your a complete narrowminded loser

and hey, since people that buy full-race kit are "hardparkers" (whatever that means) you should take your rinky-dink "mad jdm custom turbo kit" up against jason.

and get "hardwalked"

i live in cali i can help u with the smog dont trip!

and get "hardwalked"
    thats exactly what it would be but if i had to use another word it would be a raping.

Quote Originally Posted by 03 inspire View Post
    i live in cali i can help u with the smog dont trip!
    ill definately hit you up when the time come

ill know in about a year (im just trying to get all my ducks in a row so i no for sure that i can still have my car with outa state plates)

it just sucks that they still make us get the cert shit done to drive our NC registered cars on base

emissions in general is overated

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information