Close

a lil fun with the clay bar today

well after a lil searching, i found that a clay bar would be the best way to go to try and get rid of some of these stupid love bugs ( you FL people know what the heck i am talking about). well after lots of work (about three and a half hours worth), my baby is cleaner than when i got her...that stuff plus some sealant and some wax should help a lil with keeping those guys loose for next time.. but damn that clay bar makes the car smmmooooooooooottthhhhhhhhh....

I love the stuff. I clayed my car right after I got it....right off the truck and there quite a bit of crap on it even then. I hate bugs! ARGHHHHHHH!

I clay barred my car before a show, and I love the way it feels!

Rocky
    Showstoppers USA

agreed! my dad just loves the way my car feels... he wants me to clay bar his car now!! ( too bad he has a big car :'( )

hey does ne clay bar kit work good or do u have to get something pro like klasse or zanios. if so i might try this i dont mind time consuming but i hate my car when it gets durty. it is black too... well i might go get a mothers clay bar or clay magic(i think that is the company). does the kit come with some lub or can u just use detailing spray. thanks in advance

i used mothers, although i heard clay magic is as good if not better... then again.. zaino users highly recommend zaino clay bar...mothers came with detailing spray... but i like to use it for detailing purposes... use a mixture of car soap and water for your lube...thats what some of the members do i think!

Vermicious Knid oldschoolimport's Avatar

Re: a lil fun with the clay bar today

Originally posted by 1abSi
    stupid love bugs ( you FL people know what the heck i am talking about)
    aren't those the bugs that fly together, as IN one. kinda like 2 hung up dogs. I always called them sex bugs when I was down there.:D

ephatch member
    I used the clay magic bar on my EP, worked like a charm, although I ran out of the spray stuff after 2 or 3 times clay baring. So is there a way of just making that stuff because my bar is still good for one more I think, if my brother hasn't mooched it off me already...punk ass.

You can use any quick detailer or clay while you wash. I know of a lot of people that just use the soapy water as the lubricant, but I've also heard that this will make the clay bar deteriorate faster.

Thread Information