Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want 2 things

Want 2 things

Bear with me, pls. I'm trying to get onto the board and having a heck of a time. If this works, I have some Type R thoughts

Looks like it worked to me Mechanic.

Nope. Thought I was in, went to post it, and got another trip around the "log in" sequence.

On the assumption that this may make it, I'll keep it short: I want a Type R, a real one. I've been negotiating with two dealers, finally got the price down to $17,500 for an Si, and am still trying to decide if an Si is an adequate substitute for the car that I want that Honda won't sell.

ephatch member
    Well, if you get the Si for 17,500 and in a year they bring the type R over, you can always sell the SI, since the msrp is 19,000 it shouldnt have depreciated too much.
    My father got a great deal on a new CRV several years ago. He drove the thing for a year and still sold it for more than he paid originally!

Spaceman,

That's exactly the conclusion I've come to. I'm on my tenth Honda (ok, a couple of Acuras slipped in over the years), and I've found them to be the most inexpensive cars of any I've owned. That's what keeps me coming back - that and the fact that the cars are so much fun to own and drive.

Case in point: My first Honda was a '90 Civic Si. I paid $9300 for the car. I think the list (MSRP) was $10k. Drove it four years, 67k miles. Aside from oil and filters, I never spend a dime on the car for maintenance. It seemed bullet-proof. I sold it for $7000. Four years & 67k miles for $2300 in depreciation. (My biggest regret: that I sold the car!) Which may explain why I have the hots for another 3dr hatchback Si, and why I'd kill for the Type R.

I think if we see any Type R in the states it'll be the RSX. As mentioned many times before, I don't believe that Honda will put out a car that's going to reduce sales for Acura and the RSX. I guess we'll see. I'd be upset if we did get a Type R in a year though...

Originally posted by CleanBlackSi02
    I think if we see any Type R in the states it'll be the RSX. As mentioned many times before, I don't believe that Honda will put out a car that's going to reduce sales for Acura and the RSX. I guess we'll see. I'd be upset if we did get a Type R in a year though...
    You're probably right. I'm hoping, however, that Honda will get smart and bring in both the RXS Type R and the Civic Type R. That way sales of the latter won't totally undercut the Acura market.

as much as i don't want to see the CTR over here anytime soon. i hope honda does bring their type r's over here eventually. they have to contend with the sti and the lancer evo somehow. and with those flagship cars pushing the 30k+$ amount, i'm sure alot of people won't mind paying 22-25 for the type r's. maybe honda is just waiting for the right time. just my thoughts.

but if they bring them over here with a 28k price tag or something ridiculous...

ephatch member
    The Type R is coming as a 2004 model. It's not going to compete with the RSX, 'xuze the RSX Type R is coming as well for 2004. It'll be 220 horsepower, and a REALLY tight geared 6 speed.

The SPecs for the north american Type R Civic are gonna be pretty unchanged from the JDM one. 200 horse, 6 speed, LSD, 17" rims, big brakes, etc, etc.

Am I mad that they're bring it over "right after" they released the Si/SiR? Not really. Sell the old one n' buy the new one.

price guesstimate?

ephatch member
    Up here in Canada, where a 2002 SiR is $26,300 CDN, we're expecting about $29,900. Down in the states? Good question. Probably $22K USD? It should undercut the RSX Type S by about $1000.

SiCivic2k2
    SWEET!

creator of ephatch DownTheHatch's Avatar
    HondaTech, whats the source of your info?

ephatch member
    I work for a Honda Dealership. We get told interesting things every now and then :D

4u2nv
    Originally posted by Hondatech
    The Type R is coming as a 2004 model. It's not going to compete with the RSX, 'xuze the RSX Type R is coming as well for 2004. It'll be 220 horsepower, and a REALLY tight geared 6 speed.

The SPecs for the north american Type R Civic are gonna be pretty unchanged from the JDM one. 200 horse, 6 speed, LSD, 17" rims, big brakes, etc, etc.

Am I mad that they're bring it over "right after" they released the Si/SiR? Not really. Sell the old one n' buy the new one.
    i heard simaliar info from a honda dealer at a auto show. he said the rsx r would be here late 2003 early 2004 the ctr about 2005. dont realy know if he knew or was just talking. i think if there is a ctr here in 2004-2005 ill be selling my si, but 'till then ill have fun with the si

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information