Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New way!_DIY headlights!

I found a new way to paint the headlight housing to look exactly if not better than the JDM ones. It involves "special" paint mix.I will take pics and share screct when I see that it definatley works. I already did it on a test headlight and HOLY S#&T!!!! Ill postr pics asap:D

Thumbs up

cool, keep us updated :kissm:

ephatch member
    Originally posted by ep88
    cool, keep us updated :kissm:
    what he said

You almost got it yet man? I'm really eager to see.:D

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar

Thumbs up

Show them pics please.....:D
    Mel

Show me so I can sell my real type-r headlights. I need money!

does it involve spray tint?:)

why must you tease like this w/ no pictures and steps????

show us pix already :p :D

hahaha! I knew it would tease you guys! but have to wait until Monday when my dealership slows down. I'll give you some details the paint mix involves auto quality base black,mo, and alot of reducer. You mist it on in thin coats. The first few coats look clear but after about 3 or 4 it starts to turn black but you can still see the the chrome under it! instant black chrome, same as jdm. I' ve already done it on a catera headlight to get the final mix perfect and it turned out better than I expected. I got the idea from my freind that has an A4 audi. One of his freinds misted his tails with black to give a smoked affect. I'll definately post pics as soon as its done! My body shop bud said any one who likes it and wants it done could send theirs and he'll do it for like 75 or 100$. cheaper then JDMs!:D

Originally posted by bsams
    hahaha! I knew it would tease you guys! but have to wait until Monday when my dealership slows down. I'll give you some details the paint mix involves auto quality base black,mo, and alot of reducer. You mist it on in thin coats. The first few coats look clear but after about 3 or 4 it starts to turn black but you can still see the the chrome under it! instant black chrome, same as jdm. I' ve already done it on a catera headlight to get the final mix perfect and it turned out better than I expected. I got the idea from my freind that has an A4 audi. One of his freinds misted his tails with black to give a smoked affect. I'll definately post pics as soon as its done! My body shop bud said any one who likes it and wants it done could send theirs and he'll do it for like 75 or 100$. cheaper then JDMs!:D
    Anyway you can give us the "formula?" to this? :D Or better yet, can you pre-mix it for us? I'll order a can. :)

Perfect!!! I was thinking about doing something like that since I like the black chrome look, but couldn't justify the $$ for JDMs. Unfortunately, I don't have time to experiment, but thanks to you, Bsams, I will have JDMness at Pic n' Save prices! :D Details, details, details...

Phil

You could try using a can of VHT night shade. I used it to tint my tail lights. Im definately gonna see how that works when i pick up my new whip :crym:

Originally posted by ep3guy
    Anyway you can give us the "formula?" to this? :D Or better yet, can you pre-mix it for us? I'll order a can. :)
    I dont think it would come out the same in a spray can, we are using professional grade gun. gun puts out alot more than a can would but I also dont have means of putting into a can.:D Yeah ill hook you guys up with exact mix as soon as its done.;)

can't wait!!! :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information