Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I want to be on you LsVtecStolen's Avatar

Cleaning the inside winshield

Do any of you guys know any good products/techniques to clean the inside winshield? I tired some Stoner's products and a terry cloth, but still ended up with streaks. Also I noticed a "cloudy" build-up of crap on the inside winshield.. bothers the heck out of me Well, any suggestions would help. Thanks guys

Well i clean it with windex and a old t shirt.

just use a soaked towl in waater, and 2 dry towels

make a square on one side of the windshield, fill in, square other side, fillin, grab the first dry towel repeat, then grab 2nd try towel, repeat (can you tell i was a detailer?) Unless you got some really bad gunk on your windsheild, then use 2 parts water 1 part windex.

Stoners Invisible Glass works great... had to stick my hand up and hit the sunroof glass since it looked like it was open...

mmm.. homer simpson lips davidc81's Avatar
    dont use a ammonia-based glass cleaner on your car. if you get some overspray on your plastics, it may damage the surface. i think honda recommends using a diluted vineger solution to clean your glass but if you wanna buy something, stoners invisible glass works great. also try drying your windows with some old newspaper, it wont leave any lint on your windows plus the ink acts like a glass polish. dont do it too often though, you might have birds flying into your windows! :smilem:

Originally posted by Sb00
    Stoners Invisible Glass works great... had to stick my hand up and hit the sunroof glass since it looked like it was open...
    this is the best stuff ive used so far, picked it up at Kragens and i am totally impressed.

Originally posted by goy091
    this is the best stuff ive used so far, picked it up at Kragens and i am totally impressed.
    What do u wipe the windows with? I tried newspaper, paper towels, etc and i still get streaks... :(

i drive an rx7.
    i cleaned my inside windows with nothin but a terrycloth towel, dry and soft to get rid of cloudy buildup. i think its air pollution, cuz i used to smoke in the car

If you wax your car, use the cloth that you used to removed the wax to clean the inside of your windows. You'll be surpised how well that works.

These are my confessions Zero Three Si's Avatar
    Best solution for cleaning windows....use any glass cleaner...but take it off with a balled up piece of newspaper.

Does the newspaper trick still work? I was told that it used to work, but now that newspapers are printed with soy inks, that it's no better than anything else. Something about metallic flakes in the old inks that made the newspapers work very well for cleaning glass.

I also use the Stoners Invisible Glass. You'll have to clean the inside of the windshield more than you would think when the car's new because of the off-gassing from the plastics in the interior.

These are my confessions Zero Three Si's Avatar
    Originally posted by Mighty_Mouse
    Does the newspaper trick still work? I was told that it used to work, but now that newspapers are printed with soy inks, that it's no better than anything else. Something about metallic flakes in the old inks that made the newspapers work very well for cleaning glass.

I also use the Stoners Invisible Glass. You'll have to clean the inside of the windshield more than you would think when the car's new because of the off-gassing from the plastics in the interior.
    Newspapers work like magic!!

newspapers work good on the outside.

what i use on the inside is nothing more than a t shirt. i don't use windex or anything. i just use the t shirt and rub hard. but then after a few more weeks the cig smoke film starts to build up again so i go back to the handy t shirt.

That's just what I was going to say.

I used a dry rag just two nights ago (it's easier to see the window haze at night) to clean the inside of my windshield. The rag is one of several that I had bought to buff wax, and it's basically plain, 100% cotton.

There was zero streaking, because there was no sprayed-on cleaner to wipe off. And, with glass being so chemically inert, whatever the haze was made of hadn't bonded to the glass at all, and was wiped away with simple rubbing.

The thing is, I don't smoke, and nobody has ever smoked in my car. I'm guessing that the haze in my EP comes from the plastics & adhesives used in the interior. The same thing happened regularly in my '86 Civic.

The reason why newspapers work so well is that they're pretty much lint-free, and they never get "old" and full of garbage like an old rag does.

Yea man i went to nopi a month or so ago and i got the Stoners invisible glass and that shit works great dude. I dont get streaks when i use it. Anyways your best bet would be the newspaper deal. If not then just kill yourself man.jk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information