Close

OK time to upgrade have a ?

Hey Guys,
    Ok I have a greddy kit, running 10psi, 2.5inch T1 cat back, test pipe, but still running the stock midpipe. What should I upgrade to and where can I find one and how much $? Should I even bother upgrading the car runs great as it is. Any help is good please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Steve O

internals maybe?

no i am sorry you don't understand I am asking just about the midpipe.

LMAO...oops...my bad...i didn't see the connection sorry

Do you mean header? You listed having a 2.5 inch ti catback which is your midpipe.

maybe I don't know the correct name for it basicly I am talking about the pipe that goes from the test pipe(or cat) to the turbo downpipe

Not that fast......yet! 2fastcivic's Avatar
    you should probably get it custom made at an exhaust shop. damn 10psi on the greddy kit. how does the car run?? im guessing the turbo spools really quick. is your top end strong?

car runs awesome!!!
    I just upgraded to k-pro and I am going to start tuning in the next couple of day.
    The only things I do not like is that it idle's like a tank and it falls on its ass after 5500rpm's or so my be a little lean but thats all going to change with the k-pro get rid of the shitty e-man. I am also upgrading to 550 injectors to help a little.
    About the turbo spool I have full boost 10-10.5 psi at 3200rpm's I love this kit.
    Steve O

Not that fast......yet! 2fastcivic's Avatar
    wow boost kicks real early! hows the gas mileage doing w/ that kind of boost spool? oh are you planning to raise the rev-limit w/ the kpro? where you getting 550cc from? RC? good luck w/ the tuning man and update us.

Newbie question: a complete catback includes the midpipe?

Man, all these boost freaks, I can't wait to boost my hatch! Too bad it's gonna have to wait for quite some time :'(

I could be wrong but I think your'e ready for a new Cat. Conv.. This has a large length of pipe that looks like the section you are talking about. I mean if you've got a cat-back, and your'e header changed with the turbo setup to a downpipe, well, the cat should be the last stock piece of the exhaust sytem, right.

Check Random Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by bgsteve523
    maybe I don't know the correct name for it basicly I am talking about the pipe that goes from the test pipe(or cat) to the turbo downpipe

Your turbo manifold is your header, you said you have a test pipe and catback; there's nothing left to replace.

Change that 2.5 catback to 3" inch custom pipping, youll like that better :)

3 in exhaust will only help if the downpipe is 3 in. If it is smaller no real benefits will be realized.

I have the Greddy kit with the Hondata reflash and 10 lbs of boost. I have the Magnaflow exhaust on the car. I have full boost around 3400.

Gas mileage is around 26-28 constantly. Tomorrow I will be drag racing the car. I'm a little hesitant because I had the tranny rebuilt a week ago under warranty.

Last times were 14.2X at 106's-107's on 8 and a half lbs of boost. 10 lbs and 7500-7800 shifts will be good times I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by D16Y8_Turbo
    3 in exhaust will only help if the downpipe is 3 in. If it is smaller no real benefits will be realized.

Made a "real benefit" with a 3" vs. 2.5" when Doug @ Hondata dyno tuned my car. :)
    Im talking about personal experience from a dyno.
    When you dynoed your car, it didnt give you gains over the 2.5" pipping?
    Last edited by ep_nezay; 07-21-2004 at 12:48 AM.

Thread Information