Close

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    OT, but glad to see you are keeping that car now that you have it back

Originally posted by beansbear
    really?? can someone confirm this???

different injectors? that might help with the how rich we are running... hmmm.
    Its not the injectors, its the emanage that is giving it too much fuel at low rpm. So, by leaning out the low rpm's ONLY, will solve that. You dont want to lean out up top(high rpm's).
    Using smaller injectors could fix the problem for right now by letting les fuel squeeze through.
    But, you would have to upgrade to bigger injectors if you wanted to boost more and get an IC.
    Besides, I think I speak for everyone, I rather be running rich than too lean.
    Last edited by ep_nezay; 10-15-2003 at 03:05 PM.

MatrixKiller
    thats true!
    i hope the fix comes soon... fuel consumption might be better!

ephatch member
    My car should be ready tonight or tomorrow. I will try and dig up more details and see if I can get some specific info about the injectors.

Does anyone have the Greddy turbo timer. If so what are your impressions? They are trying to sell me one is it worth $100.00? My alarm apparently has the option of a turbo timer if I buy a relay. Will the Greddy timer work w/ my alarm?

MatrixKiller
    hey thats a good question.

I think the turbo timer is worth it unless you want to wait in your car for a minute or so.

just remember that no can that has a turbo stock has a turbo timer built in. its all aftermarket gadgets to make you feel better.

if you are cruising around the neighborhood at about 35 mph or so and park, you can just shut down. if you were boosting a lot you should usually cool down a bit then shut down.

i bought the greddy because my car is going to be a show car and i want to make sure the turbo doesnt get abused in the long run.

the greddy is cool because there are many different settings thatcan be used. It has one that watches how you drive and determines how long the engine has to idle.

and to answer your question about the alarm... my aftermarket alarm had to be modified to work with the turbo timer. my installer figured out an ingenious way to trick the brain into letting me arm it while parked and the car is running. works like a charm now.

How would you modify the "Karr Alarm" which was included with my car when I got it to work with a turbo timer? Or how did your friend modify your alarm?

MatrixKiller
    i dont know exactly what he did but i saw that he added a relay to trick the alarm into thinking that the ingntion was off. the other way to do it is with a timing relay that will send a 12 v pulse to the dome trigger to start the 30 second arming countdown.

i dont know how to modify the stock alarm to work with it. most alarms wont allow you to arm the car when its running.

I have the Greddy TT, but the only problem I have is that when I take out the key and the car is still on, my fan wont turn on.I have to put the key back in, so the fan will come on.
    Is your TT connected so the fan can come on if it gets too hot with out the key?

MatrixKiller
    fan for the inside of the car or outside?

my ac works whether the key is in or out with the turbo timer.

ephatch member
    More News. Apparently, the info I was given was incorrect. The injectors are the same. Only the emanage has been changed to run better. The shop had no other details aside from the emanage software is different from the first kits they installed. Still don't have my car, maybe tomorrow. I will post my personal impressions when the work is complete.

BTW the TT will not work with my alarm, they stated they could not fool it. It looks like I will need to purchase the relay for my alarm and use the alarm as the timer. How long did it take others to have their kit installed? It feels like it is taking forever.
    Last edited by vtecnrg; 10-15-2003 at 08:36 PM.

MatrixKiller
    took 3 days but they did a half assed job and i still have to go back for them to do it correctly. I could have done the install myself but I didnt want to.

in hindsight.. i should have.

Originally posted by beansbear
    fan for the inside of the car or outside?

my ac works whether the key is in or out with the turbo timer.
    My ac works, I was talking about the cooling fan for the engine.

vtecnrg

Took 1 day to do mine, your shop could run into wiring issues, thats why they are probably taking longer.
    BTW- when they are done , read the first post I did, make sure they did that.

ephatch member
    Thank you for all the feedback and tips. I picked up my car tonight and I have only one word to say WOW. The car has so much more power and it is very smooth. They told me I have to keep it under 4,000 RPM for the first 500 miles. That kinda sucks but I figure 5,000 rpm every now and then will probably be okay. The install looks very good and the gauges turned out sweet. Two next to the shifter and one on the steering column.I believe they must of angled the oil gauge b/c I can see it fine from the driver seat. Oh and the Colbalt blue looks very cool at night. The HKS sequential bov also sounds awesome, psh, ppsshh, pppssshhh.

Everything seems to be working very well, I worried that it may run rich from all of the threads that I read. How would I tell? My air fuel gauge seems to stay mostly on the green side. I can't imagine the additional hp with an intercooler. Needless to say I am impressed. :D

Congrats!
    But why did they tell you to keep it under 5000rpm? Is it detonating? You shouldnt have to wait 500miles, you dont "break-in" turbos. So, go out and have fun.:) Just make sure its not detonating.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information