Close

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    ephatch member
    What would detonating sound and or feel like? This sounds important.

Originally posted by vtecnrg
    What would detonating sound and or feel like? This sounds important.
    well I know that tip in detonation is when you are approaching the higher rpms. you'll hear like a sound of popcorn in the microwave. Some tims faint, some times louder. or you'll hear pinging sounds...that's reallllllyyyy bad! I had tip in detonation with the JRSC on my 97 EX...killed the engine eventually, toasted my pistons and block.

MatrixKiller
    interesting...
    I was reading the messages on clubrsx.com and decided to give Greddy a call myself.

The tech I spoke with told me that the check engine light is due to bad wiring or faulty soldering connections. Once you go back and fix those the check engine light would disappear. I dont know how true this is.

I told the guy that Kenji was helping an Ep member tune his car to get rid of the too rich cell but according to this guy the problem is most likely bad wiring and the reason the check engine light is intermittent could possibly be because of a wire not connected properly.

a lot of clubrsx members had bad wiring and this helped them once they rewired.

i asked the tech if the manual was current and up to date and if any changes were made to the wiring diagram and he said no.

my question now then is:
    - is switching the letter in the emanage something everyone has to do? what letter is this thing SUPPOSED to be set on for it to run correctly?
    - is greddy going to be updating our emanage units or are we just going to have to check our wiring?

what do you all think??

ephatch member
    I don't have any check engine light or detonation. Granted I have only had the car for about 200 miles and less than 24 hrs. I can call my shop and asked if they fooled with the black box and letter switching if any would like.

MatrixKiller
    check your emanage and see if there is a blinking red light. if not then it must have been either fixed before it shipped or they switched the letter.

Check engine light can also be from running to rich, and our ECU tries to correct it by taking fuel away and emange overrides that and you will get a check engine light.

MatrixKiller
    according to the tech i talked to... all i have to do is make sure my wires are soldered well and check engine for too rich fuel will go away.

heh.

i dont think so.

Someone here knows the correct wiring, Rice Cooker hook a brotha up.

ephatch member
    It is official, I am now part of the Check Engine light club. Tonight I took it up to 6k rpm and magically the light was there. That is what I get for opening my mouth early. I will do like everyone else has and call my shop tomorrow. One question, is the car o.k. to drive with the light on? It seems to be running good and regardless I love the turbo.

MatrixKiller
    should be fine to drive the car with the check engine light.
    double check your emanage to make sure there is no blinking red light. all you should see is green.

Originally posted by vtecnrg
    It is official, I am now part of the Check Engine light club. Tonight I took it up to 6k rpm and magically the light was there. That is what I get for opening my mouth early. I will do like everyone else has and call my shop tomorrow. One question, is the car o.k. to drive with the light on? It seems to be running good and regardless I love the turbo.
    Reset your ecu and make sure the light takes atleast 24hrs to come back on. If it comes back on right away(few mins) something is wrong.
    BTW- If the light is coming on because its too rich, its ok to drive.

It could, so make sure you solder your wiring.

Originally posted by beansbear

The tech I spoke with told me that the check engine light is due to bad wiring or faulty soldering connections. Once you go back and fix those the check engine light would disappear. I dont know how true this is.

Who did you speak to? Matt? Next time you try to call, ask for Kenji. I know he might be busy but youll get the right answer. You can also try to email him, kenji@greddy.com.
    No, thats not true about the light, its running rich at low rpms.
    Like I said before, Kenji fixed mine(nomore engine light for me) but he still needs to dyno it to be 100% sure before he starts sending out the new program.

NOTE:Make sure you guys read the first page about the wiring(needs to be soldered) so you guys dont have any problems.

MatrixKiller
    heya ep...

thanks... i think i talked to a quincy? not sure.

can you answer my other question about the emanage "letter" settings?

ephatch member
    How do I reset the ECU. Disconnect the battery, pull a fuse or is there a button or switch somewhere?

MatrixKiller
    in the engine
    there is a fusebox near the intake
    open it.
    look for the the 15amp ecu fuse
    pull it
    let the car sit for 10 minutes
    put it back in
    start your car and let it idle for 10 minutes
    dont touch the accel or turn on the ac

that should do it.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast