Close

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    MatrixKiller
    interesting...
    i experience that too but didnt pay much attention to it... maybe ep_nezay can shed some light if his does this also?

i did have my cel flash on and off 3 times during a big boost the other night but it stayed off after i was done.

Originally posted by WHT02CIVICSI
    yes i have a ic, and also i have notice that in between 2500 and 3500 rpms that my car kind of hesatates,shutters, and jerks trying to explain it is hard. i still have no cel but now experencing these other problems.
    Sounds like you have the letter setting wrong.
    Try this test;
    1)Park and turn on your car.
    2)Rev the car to 2500 rpm and leave it steady, see if it will let you.

Originally posted by beansbear
    interesting...
    i experience that too but didnt pay much attention to it... maybe ep_nezay can shed some light if his does this also?
    I had a similar problem when my letter was set at the wrong one.
    It doesnt do it anymore.

MatrixKiller
    im still waiting for my NGK sparkplugs to see if this particular problem goes away. The letter is set correctly on my emanage but i do have that strange hessitation/rumbling at 2500/3000 rpm in certain gears. This is all preboost. Kenji suggested switching plugs. He noticed that Densos dont do that great with this car.

Hope that works, I have the Greddy sparkplugs, thanks to Kenji

yeah kenji said for me to try to change my plugs aswell but when i got my new emanage i put new ngk-r's in, hey epnezay what plugs r u running on?

MatrixKiller
    unfortunately Greddy is all out of stock on the number 7 plugs right now... so i have to find some NGK 7 plugs for my car... so far no luck. Cant even find the iridiums and still searching for a number for the v-power ones.

well that answered my question before i could finish typing, kenji said he was going to send me some of his plugs

ephatch member
    when u send your emanage to kenji how long does it take to get back

MatrixKiller
    it depends...
    if its a busy week or if hes out of town... then it may take longer...

Originally posted by mixedupneko
    when u send your emanage to kenji how long does it take to get back
    Make sure you call him and tell him your are sending it.
    Once its recieved by him, he ships it the same or next day on next day service by UPS.

bump for the blind :D

I'm curious as to why everyone is sending back their e-manage to have it reflashed? I screwed up and erased mine so I have to send it back as well but when I called and talked to greddy, the tech told me that they had fixed all the problems after the rsx type-s was released and before the ep3 was released. I told him that I had been getting a too rich cel and he said that everyone who had this problem was having it because of the plugs. He stated that we need a colder plug, 7 or 8, and have it gapped at .028 - .032; which is the gap I have that came stock with the ngk(7) plugs. So, I'm confused. Are there problems or not? I also am experiencing crappy gas mileage, not that I was expecting to get better, it just doesn't seem right since I really don't boost that often.

Originally posted by CivicSI2002
    I'm curious as to why everyone is sending back their e-manage to have it reflashed? I screwed up and erased mine so I have to send it back as well but when I called and talked to greddy, the tech told me that they had fixed all the problems after the rsx type-s was released and before the ep3 was released. I told him that I had been getting a too rich cel and he said that everyone who had this problem was having it because of the plugs. He stated that we need a colder plug, 7 or 8, and have it gapped at .028 - .032; which is the gap I have that came stock with the ngk(7) plugs. So, I'm confused. Are there problems or not? I also am experiencing crappy gas mileage, not that I was expecting to get better, it just doesn't seem right since I really don't boost that often.
    from reading ep_nezay's posts on here, he said he still has a cel light (on the emanage I think), but said that kenji said it is a fluke, that nothing is wrong, and they were trying to figure out what the deal was.

What kind of gas mileage are you getting? also do you have the ic?

MatrixKiller
    do a little research and read all posts with greddy turbo in it.

short story:
    - all emanage units for Civic Si need to be updated.
    - A too rich cell will light if you do not update the emanage.
    - The LED on the emanage will give an error 14, but this is OK.
    - Depending on if you have the IC or not you will need a different emanage program.
    - i have no idea when units from greddy will have the updated emanage fuel curves.

a hassle yes... but it is worth while.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information