Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    remote cousin of ae86 tony speed's Avatar

quality carbon fiber

I've been looking at a lot of the after-market carbon fiber and it looks like total crap compared to the carbon fiber they have on the porse 911....:'(..anyone know of any companies that make superior quality looking carbon fiber?

SiCk_SiR
    i think fiber images, c-west, kaminari, and c-wings have tha best carbon fiber

thought fiberimages was the only cf stuff?

I just smoked u...
    for a cf hood, mugen has the best quality and weigh, I lifted the hood of this car and i swear to god it weighs at most 5 lbs... its awesom

I want to be on you LsVtecStolen's Avatar
    What's your guys opinion on VIS Carbon Fiber Hood? I'm thinking of buying one soon and I can't afford the Mugen one.:(

Is the mugen hood carbon fiber?? I don't think it is.

I was shown real carbon fiber once, if you shine a flashlight from one side, you should be able to see it through the oppisite side.

I just smoked u...
    Originally posted by tony speed
    Is the mugen hood carbon fiber?? I don't think it is.
    I dunno if they sell it, but the one on the car is carbon fiber made by mugen, and its light as f@$k.

Originally posted by Si_Dra6NStyL
    I dunno if they sell it, but the one on the car is carbon fiber made by mugen, and its light as f@$k.
    actually, you're probably right. I just checked www.mugen-power.com and they say the hood is made out of carbon and fiber reinforced polymer.....yikes. sign me up.
    Last edited by tony speed; 10-10-2003 at 01:52 PM.

Yes, I'm down with the Mugen stuff. Before our east coast meet, I should have the hood, and spoiler (replica). Hey you interested in going to the east coast meet?
    Last edited by Peking; 10-10-2003 at 05:41 PM.

What about the Buddy Club carbon fiber hood. I'm assuming its pretty good quality (the real thing) since... well it's Buddy Club.

Originally posted by Spazhead
    I was shown real carbon fiber once, if you shine a flashlight from one side, you should be able to see it through the oppisite side.
    correct :D I can do this to my carbon fiber kit...that's why I don't think the wing from showstopper is real carbon fiber...can't do that.

ummm REAL carbon parts would be so expensive most wouldnt be able to afford a hood let alone wings and such. Most everything u see out is a fiberglass piece with real carbon fiber overlay...which is lighter and more practical for the money(than stock)If u wanna paint it then jus get plain fiberglass why waste a cf overlay which is jus for looks? ...REAL CF hood would weigh oz's not lbs.

vtecczar is so right, BUT the mmugen is and fiberimages are both real carbon fiber... but not the same stuff the use to make to put on like planes or what the put carbon fibre on bc it would cost thousands and thousands but yes it would only weigh like 1 lb or even Oz's.

and the fiberimages hoods are real carbon fiber bc they are extremly strong and very light weigh. they can get drivin over and stay one piece and no cracks or warps and like brand new. ya the mugen is like 1800 and not sure the fiberimages or BuddyClub

Originally posted by VTECCzar
    ummm REAL carbon parts would be so expensive most wouldnt be able to afford a hood let alone wings and such. Most everything u see out is a fiberglass piece with real carbon fiber overlay...which is lighter and more practical for the money(than stock)If u wanna paint it then jus get plain fiberglass why waste a cf overlay which is jus for looks? ...REAL CF hood would weigh oz's not lbs.
    ? are you doing the "ummmm" to me? I have a real carbon fiber kit, the wing I am not sure of though.
    www.fiberimages.com
    http://www.fiberimages.com/images/pr...sifrontlip.jpg
    http://www.fiberimages.com/images/pr.../sirearlip.jpg
    http://www.fiberimages.com/images/pr.../sifullkit.jpg
    And mine:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information