Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shaved hatch?

shaved hatch?

I'm looking into getting my hatch shaved and the licence plate molded into the bumper. anyone have any clue where to start, or know any good shops in the ATL?

lol :D :D that's a good one. So i'm assuming your car is stock and that you haven't made any changes that enhance the apperance of you car? (tint, rims, pedal kit, shifter knob, stereo, body kit, etc..) rice is good if it's tasteful and not abused. IMO!

Originally posted by Spazhead
    rice is good if it's tasteful and not abused. IMO!
    With all due respect, thatz the saddest and most ignorant thing ive EVER read on ephatch:confusem:... the word "RICE" MEANS thingz that are tacky and non functional, not EXTERIOR MODIFICATIONS... RICE CANNOT BE TASTEFUL... if itz RICE itz not tasteful...thatz the point of the word...or at least in the way i (and most other people) use it...

-Mike

Nail-batter Moderator SiR Medic's Avatar
    It would be okay if you already had a bunch of exterior mods, like a bodykit, etc.

As far as the "rice factor" of it, I think it has more to do with the rest of the car.

Typical rule of thumb: If dollar value in non-performance mods is greater than dollar value in performance mods... You got yerself some rice!

I just smoked u...
    Originally posted by SiR Medic
    Typical rule of thumb: If dollar value in non-performance mods is greater than dollar value in performance mods... You got yerself some rice!
    uhh... i dont agree wit that, so u're saying TypeX's EP is rice? it doesnt have engine mods, only exterior. and so is ULTRAMANIA??? our ROTM? and RacerDre?? Mugen_EP?

yeah foreal, this whole 'rice' topic is just beaten dead. who cares about it, its not your car. if i want to put in new seats so they are more comfortable, although it doesnt increase performance, is that rice? if i put on a clear sidemarker to get rid of the amber that clashes with the headlight, is that rice? it doesnt increase performance, but it looks better IMO.

all i'm sayin is that there are a lot of things people can do to their cars that isn't 'rice.' its just something they want to do to make it look a little bit nicer.

*however, throwing on 100 stickers, big ass spoilers and obnoxiously loud fart cans is a whole nother story.

Nail-batter Moderator SiR Medic's Avatar
    That was a "typical rule"

Spending money on JDM, Mugen, or Spoon anything is of course, more than acceptable "non-rice"

Rice is also a matter of HOW things are done. IMO "ricey" cars always look like they are unfinished.

How is shaving your hatch ricey?

man... i never understood why they call those stupid mods "RICE." Why not cake, fruit, beans, etc.... why rice? who started this damn thing? answers I want, my apprentice.

rice=no taste

so u understand if it isnt tastefull than it is rice... i not sure if i looks ricey if it not tastefully but i cant give u more than that. i also thought if it was rice u wanted to look asian or japanese but those cars are hot if not put togetther shitty with APC and what not.

My friends Brians car has "got rice" - tacky aluminum wing, unpainted body kit on car, scratched to hell rims with diff size tires for front set and back set, missing grille, altezzas or euros - whatever - I'd go on but I'm going to get my ass kicked. His car just needs a little help from the club, and that's what we are doing. ^_^

Originally posted by mhx
    www.ricemodsrus.com
    doh.. i actually clicked on the link... :blushm:

Re: shaved hatch?

Originally posted by iVtec si
    I'm looking into getting my hatch shaved and the licence plate molded into the bumper. anyone have any clue where to start, or know any good shops in the ATL?
    Steering clear of the whole RICE topic swerve.

Try D&D Kustoms in FOrest Park. Its actually a collision place but Dennis has a couple of guys there that only do custom stuff like that.
    Also, Yellow River Collision in Alpharetta (not sure what city)?? Eddie is probably going to repaint my Accord soon (Graphics Yeah!). His shop has turned out some nice rides (Jeff Guise's Silver/Blue Civic w/Supra headlights, Greg Chupp's Blue widebody Civic).
    There is always Ultimate Auto Body. I have heard some not so nice things about them lately though.

Scott
    I followed the link too.

seriously

Okay tell me what you would like better, a 1988 crx with about 12 different colors primers on it, 2 different wheel, and looks like it drove through a shooting range. But it can run a 14 flat on 1/4. Or your so called "RICER" with shaved handles, hatch, squiters, and side markers. It tucks 18's and has been compleatly re painted. But has a mostly stock engine with the exception of intake and cat back. This civic can only run the 1/4 in 15.6 though. Dont tell me you would choose the CRX. And also how do you feel about stereos, From what I hear they dont add much horsepower. But man they sure do sound cool. Anyways dont come into someones forum who's asking advice on modding his car. And start to say "thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard" Because at least he modding his car. The title of this website is NOT www.ephatch-carswith-performancemods-ONLY.com So get over it. And good luck to the guy who wants to shave his car. Later

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information