Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ^^^^^ lol at this guy

**** this thread is like 4 years old*********

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clujalolo View Post
    ^^^^^ lol at this guy

**** this thread is like 4 years old*********
    so what if its old. we lost so much info that all we got right now is bringin these old threads back to life with new information.

Quote Originally Posted by siexyy55 View Post
    Ya to tap into the tps just find that empty plastic adapter by the battery and fender and I think you want the green wire not the white but I don't remember exactly
    actually its the black red wire off of the tps that you will get your wot signal. i just installed this kit like a month ago.

SpleensSi How u likin the kit...how difficult was the install? How much u runnin? Jus askin cuz i have a kit coming in the next couple days...and if u got any tips/suggestions i would greatly appreciate it! thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    SpleensSi How u likin the kit...how difficult was the install? How much u runnin? Jus askin cuz i have a kit coming in the next couple days...and if u got any tips/suggestions i would greatly appreciate it! thanks
    ya no problem bud. first off i love this kit i was going to sc but my funds ran short so i got nitrous instead and dont regret it at all. the install was pretty simple its just figureing out where to mount everything that takes a long time. im running a 65 shot and my last trip to the strip i ran a 14.81 which i know i can improve on compared to my stock 16.3 its a big improvement. some tips i have is you have to replace the fuel line that runs from the firewall to the rail cuz the stock one is lined with plastic and you wont be able to tap the line properly. and double clamp the new hose at each connection to be safe mine leaked a little at the fire wall until i double clamped it. make sure to get 1 step colder plugs. i have the NGK iridium. get the ones for a stock type s 2002-2003 these will be one step colder and also be gapped properly. o and when you run your nitrous line from the trunk to the engine bay just follow the fuel lines.

Thanks a lot for the help man...hopefully installing on saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by spleensSi View Post
    ya no problem bud. first off i love this kit i was going to sc but my funds ran short so i got nitrous instead and dont regret it at all. the install was pretty simple its just figureing out where to mount everything that takes a long time. im running a 65 shot and my last trip to the strip i ran a 14.81 which i know i can improve on compared to my stock 16.3 its a big improvement. some tips i have is you have to replace the fuel line that runs from the firewall to the rail cuz the stock one is lined with plastic and you wont be able to tap the line properly. and double clamp the new hose at each connection to be safe mine leaked a little at the fire wall until i double clamped it. make sure to get 1 step colder plugs. i have the NGK iridium. get the ones for a stock type s 2002-2003 these will be one step colder and also be gapped properly. o and when you run your nitrous line from the trunk to the engine bay just follow the fuel lines.

Did you reuse the ends of the stock fuel line? You can pull back the rubber and cut the plastic line away from the ends carefully (there is an o ring on each one) and reuse them and have far less chance of fuel leakage.

ya no problem bigred let me know how you like it after you get it all done.

no i didn't reuse the old fuel line for two reasons:
    1. it was only a couple dollars to get a new full rubber hose and worm clamps and
    2. if i ever want to go back to stock i have the fuel line siting around so i can throw it in quick.

the reason for getting a new hose from the fire wall to the fuel rail is because the hose is rubber on the outside and plastic in the inside. which means it makes it difficult to T the line to run the fuel feed line for the nitrous kit.

ya no problem bigred let me know how you like it after you get it all done.

no i didn't reuse the old fuel line for two reasons:
    1. it was only a couple dollars to get a new full rubber hose and worm clamps and
    2. if i ever want to go back to stock i have the fuel line siting around so i can throw it in quick.

the reason for getting a new hose from the fire wall to the fuel rail is because the hose is rubber on the outside and plastic in the inside. which means it makes it difficult to T the line to run the fuel feed line for the nitrous kit.

Nah i understand all that... if you READ my original post i asked if you reused the ENDS of the stock fuel line. I have all new rubber fuel line from the firewall to the fuel rail as well... but as i stated before... i reused the stock fuel line ENDS so i didnt have ANY leaks or the need for crazy clamps.

One more question spleensi...what is the diameter of the fuel line from the firewall? What diameter did u get?

7/16 i think if i remember right.

7/16 i think if i remember right.
    Thanks 4 the help...

ephatch member
    what shot are you running?

im running a 65 shot. the best time i have got so far at the track this year is 14.6 which is quick enough for me until i do something crazy under the hood.

wow I run a 50 shot and run 14.01

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information