Close

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by brendanSI
    I checked lightning. Sorry but I don't see them. Forgive me but is there a part number I could look up?
    www.lightningmotorsports.com

you have to call.... not listed on site

ask for part # 16.1110 for an ACURA RSX 2002
    Cost: $17.50 + shipping

don't ask for a civic Si motor mount as they ALWAYS ASSUME the 2000 Si mounts work and they do not!!!! They are also more expensive ($40.00)

^ Thanks I just found that out. But I'm having major problems with the site so I couldnt edit/delete my post :) Thank you though.

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    Sup E....Yeah, I did the install as well this weekend. One of the best things we did was disconnect the midpipe from the header. After that and removing all the bolts the front mount popped out like butter. I didn't even use a crowbar. All we used was the lever from the jack. We wedged it underneath on the block and used the frame to pull against.It really didn't take much force to rock the motor enough. The hardest part was lining up the holes afterwards. Once I figured out a great shortcut we were flying. I used a ratchet extention to realign the MM bolt holes and it worked perfectly.

I've done I/H/E and this has definitely been the best mod yet. Can't beat it for $17 and ~6 hours of work.

Best mod for the buck, hands down. Just my $.02
    Mel

WTF are you lookin @!? BlackNRedSi's Avatar
    Originally posted by plainol2k2si
    is it worth the vibration?
    YES it is! Its not really the vibration that makes them good, its the whole package...you feel a HUGE difference in acel, cornering, you have to expierence it on your car to know what im talking about.

Can't beat it for $17 and ~6 hours of work.
    ~ 6 hours to install...holy crap!

Hey HondaMan, is that the base RSX or Type-S?

geez.... so much work and time. was it hard or just time consuming? for 20 bucks or so, i dont mind doing it. but if it gets hard, heheh.... i doubt i can. i also wont spend bucks for someone to install it for me when it only cost me 20. :D

i guess ill just have to find out for myself
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

Originally posted by raiyo
    Hey HondaMan, is that the base RSX or Type-S?

geez.... so much work and time. was it hard or just time consuming? for 20 bucks or so, i dont mind doing it. but if it gets hard, heheh.... i doubt i can. i also wont spend bucks for someone to install it for me when it only cost me 20. :D
    I was quote'ing what oogy-boogy was saying (it shouldn't matter what model car...because they basically have the same engine mounts)...I haven't done it yet but tempted because of the price, but that's a lot of labor. Hell, doing my suspension, brakes and CAI combined didn't take that long to do!

it all depends on how many people you have doing the work with you that causes the hours. we got julies car done in about 2 hours, and her car was the first one we worked on....

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar

Thumbs up

Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
    it all depends on how many people you have doing the work with you that causes the hours. we got julies car done in about 2 hours, and her car was the first one we worked on....
    Yeah, definitely depends on how many people you have helping. If I was to do it all over again with some good directions it would probably take 2-3 hrs max. The hardest part was that front mount.
    Mel

just ordered mine!

Since I've had troubles with motor mounts on two of my previous manual transmission cars I just ordered my ES inserts. I'm hoping they will not only keep me from destroying the factory mounts, but give a better feel while shifting. Any last tips anyone hasn't mentioned already? I'll probably be installing sometime mid-next week.

intalled mine yesterday and let me say that you want to have at least 1 helper.but after all the hard work it was well worth it.

Originally posted by bc2k20a3
    intalled mine yesterday and let me say that you want to have at least 1 helper.but after all the hard work it was well worth it.
    yes....yes it is! :)

Re: just ordered mine!

Originally posted by ahhhonda
    Since I've had troubles with motor mounts on two of my previous manual transmission cars I just ordered my ES inserts. I'm hoping they will not only keep me from destroying the factory mounts, but give a better feel while shifting. Any last tips anyone hasn't mentioned already? I'll probably be installing sometime mid-next week.
    DONT TAKE OUT THE FRONT MOUNT! :) If you can get the inserts in the front mount w/o taking it completly out of the car....Congrats and do it that way...

but if you HAVE to take it outa the car, good luck with putting it back in...make sure you have another helper if u take the front mount outa the car....

e

You guys just getting your mounts???? Weaksauce yo

had mine for like a year

hahahaha j/p

they are great huh???

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information