Originally posted by Dunrick
    You guys just getting your mounts???? Weaksauce yo

had mine for like a year

hahahaha j/p

they are great huh???
    Go away Dunny.... :D
    Mel

redline every shift!!!!!!
    DUDE THESE MOUNTS ARE FREAKIN CRAZY!!!!!!!!!

holy shit these bushing are the ticket. they make an ep with mods a bear.

i have cai, 421 ss header, exhuast, lowered on teins. with a 2 strut bars, lower tie bar, and hyper groundng wires .

before i installed these mounts my car was fun. now its mean . i cant believe how much harder it pulls in the low end , corners and bites on hard acceleration. no wheel hop just bite on stock tires. it just pure performance. i use to post on ephatch all the time but, stopped for a while. this mod is so good i just had to tell everyone how great they are . at least with other mods they are. anyway install sucked, like 6 hours. i all mosted cryied. someone that changed mounts beofore might be easier, but i never had and it sucked. so any ways great mod for like 20. 00

gabe
    Last edited by styllinep3; 10-20-2003 at 06:50 PM.

dang gabe...nice description. anywho it convinced me
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

i did my front mount a little differently, imo way easier. i did it from the top. take out the battery/battey tray(tray is like glued and bolted down) top radiator hose needs to be unhooked, and the fan needs to come out. after that the mount comes right out. sounds like a lot but imo it's way easier than moving your engine and they tryin to get it lined back up. i did one car(mine) from the bottom and my friends from the top, the top was way easier for me.
    1993 Honda CIVIC SI weekend tire shredder
    1997 Honda CIVIC EX dd status
    2005 Honda ELEMENT AWD EX wifey's
    2003 Honda VTR1000 need for speed
    2007 Honda 400EX/2009 kawi KFX450r off road fun

Damn. All these posts are definately making me want to get some. But the install time is a killer! Hey Black 02 Si, how long did it take you with your shortcut?

WTF are you lookin @!? BlackNRedSi's Avatar
    if u take the downpipe off the header, ur install will be EASY as pie

Eric is gay dont listen to him...

it will be easy as apple pie

hahahah

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar

Thumbs up

hahahah
    Exactly Dunny! (especially the first part)

:D :D :D :D :D
    Mel

redline every shift!!!!!!
    no erics right
    . take off the down pipe . so much more play .

done, now how to fix??

I put mine in last night, took me about 4 hours by myself(I was expecting some help, but it didn't arrive until after I was putting the heatshield back on). Anyhow, now I have a pretty serious vibration between idle and 1100 rpms.. And it's about 3 times louder, engine noise wise. Yes, my downpipe is properly attached, it's not exhaust noise, it's like engine vibration noise. Any suggestions? How can I make sure the mounts are on straight? If this is how these are supposed to be then they are gonna end up in the trash..

hahahah
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly Dunny! (especially the first part)

U2 ARE MY BITCHES, and when i tell U2 to SHUT UP.... YOU SHUT UP, or I will unleash BoostGirl on your ace! :):):):):)

Re: done, now how to fix??

Originally posted by ahhhonda
    I put mine in last night, took me about 4 hours by myself(I was expecting some help, but it didn't arrive until after I was putting the heatshield back on). Anyhow, now I have a pretty serious vibration between idle and 1100 rpms.. And it's about 3 times louder, engine noise wise. Yes, my downpipe is properly attached, it's not exhaust noise, it's like engine vibration noise. Any suggestions? How can I make sure the mounts are on straight? If this is how these are supposed to be then they are gonna end up in the trash..
    guess its time to get back under your car and grip them out and throw them in the trash!

the vibration will start going away...wait about a week and u wont notice the vibration you are talking about...

but honestly keep them in man, you have more engine response out of the car then w/o them in...trust me....

Eric

i'd say i could do it in about an hour now since i have done it a few times. and since your working from the top and not moving your engine you don't have to unhook any of the exhaust. it is way easier in my opinion. like i said b4 the battery tray is like glued down so that has to be pryed off gently, and there are two bolts that need to be loosened under the battery tray, the tray is slotted so you don't need to take the bolts all the way out. also the fan is kinda tight to get past the a/c hose, but it DOES go past, believe me.
    1993 Honda CIVIC SI weekend tire shredder
    1997 Honda CIVIC EX dd status
    2005 Honda ELEMENT AWD EX wifey's
    2003 Honda VTR1000 need for speed
    2007 Honda 400EX/2009 kawi KFX450r off road fun

Well I took out the rear mount tonight and the vibration is still there. It feels like a diesel bus at idle. The overall noise transmission is almost back to normal, but the vibration is obviously caused by the front mount. If anyone has any suggestions about what might be wrong, I'd appreciate the help. I plan on removing the front mount and making sure it's back to normal, otherwise I may have messed up something else during the install..

In General, i need to add in a little something; helped me out so maybe some of you will benefit too. for the first few weeks i noticed the vibration with the inserts, but then it went away and around the same time it seemed as if my stock struts were blown. they were sqeeking hard with every little bump in the road, so naturally thats all i could really concentrate on when i drove the car b/c the noises were that noticable. i wasnt even thinking about the mounts i had just put on. so before i made the decision to buy koni's, i wanted to take out the front struts, clean them well, re-grease them and re-install (even though i was sure i put them together correctly when i lowered my car). i first noticed that the top assembly of the struts were pretty lose...all four bolts...not good!, nothing was out-of-the-norm for the rest of the struts and springs, but when everything was back together the noises were gone and the ride felt solid, you could feel the inserts again (and you will notice the vibration at idle). it seemed that since the struts were not on tight enough was the problem to having the mounts fail to do their job, and cause unwanted noises. perhaps it was the rocking of the engine while installing the inserts that loosened the struts up top...hmmmmm.

so if you have noises already and plan on getting the mount inserts...make sure your struts are on solid..it may help.

sorry for the suspension/ engine thread

laters

david
    Last edited by Beachya; 10-22-2003 at 07:42 PM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information