Close

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    Originally posted by ahhhonda
    I'll be selling my ES engine mount inserts. I just couldn't justify the extra vibration. I like my car nice and quiet and smooth like it is now. Anyone want to make an offer?
    It's barely noticeable.....and well worth the small vibrations added. It's really only noticeable with the AC on.
    Mel

WTF are you lookin @!? BlackNRedSi's Avatar
    Originally posted by ahhhonda
    I'll be selling my ES engine mount inserts. I just couldn't justify the extra vibration. I like my car nice and quiet and smooth like it is now. Anyone want to make an offer?
    haha, just keep them in man, it goes away....it makes the car feel like a CAR not a puss puss car

I can't belive someone would want to sell these. Good luck on getting an offer, they are dirt cheap to begin with.:D

where can i get es mounts and can i install it myself
    does anyone have pics on their install

Originally posted by VIZHUNZ02SI
    where can i get es mounts and can i install it myself
    does anyone have pics on their install
    www.lightningmotorsports.com to buy them. Make sure you call as they aren't listed. Ask for the 02 RSX inserts.

Go to k-series.com for the install directions.
    Mel

Originally posted by oogy-boogy
    It's barely noticeable.....and well worth the small vibrations added. It's really only noticeable with the AC on.
    This may have been true for your car, but my car had MAJOR vibrations with them installed. I asked for help, but nobody seemed to have any clue as to why they might be that way. I re-adjusted the mounts and it was still bad. If it had been just a little vibration I would have kept them in, but this was a LOT of vibration. I tried removing just the back mount inserts and that was better, but still not good. After I removed the front mount inserts it was back to normal.

Did anyone who has done this have problems getting the bolt holes to line back up once you put the inserts in? I had real problems, especially with the front. Any suggestions?

FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    OK, here's the end-all, be-all to this discussion...

1. When ordering mounts you have to CALL and ask for them. Part #16.1110 "Acura RSX 2002"

2. Yes, they add MAD vibration when first installed... Beat the shit out of your car drivin on the highway and shiftin hard near redline for an hour or so and it will GO AWAY COMPLETELY. Well, you will have minimal vibration at idle (900-1100rpm). If you don't BEAT on it, you'll never break them in at all.

3. These inserts can be used to repair a cracked motor mount if you have one like BlacknRedSi and I did. Better than $180 for a new one.

4. Get the Black colored ones over the Red if you can. Apparently the stuff used to make the red ones is more prone to squeaking (supposedly).

5. wheel hop is gone... I mean gone.....

6. It is the front mount that does 90% of the work. Period. When you get a CN turbo kit like I did, they send you inserts for the front mount only. Under high horse power applications you will break the stock mounts with out inserts in a week.

7. No matter HOW you install, try and squeeze the inserts into the front mount without removing it all the way. You will thank us for telling you that, trust me.

8. not sure if the 1/4mi. will prove worth, but i will tell you that between 80-120mph, the EP is no longer sluggish on throttle response. You press the gas - it LUNGES forward.

9. Car DOES sound louder and throatier from outside the car as well as inside. I have had half a dozen people ask if i changed my exhaust or added a header.

10. Most people don't mention it, but think about disconnecting your battery or pullin the ECU fuse under the hood to reset your computer. The change in torquieness SHOULD make the computer slightly adjust air/fuel mix. If you didn't reset the ECU, that's fine, since this is a minimal change, but I bet after driving with the mounts for a week or two, the experience gets a little better... That's about how long your ECU takes to readjust w/o a reset..... Makes you wonder there.

11. Stop crying about vibration. If a lincoln continental ride is what you want, buy one... or at least stop moddin the Si. Lets face it, the only reason honda didn't give stuff like this to us off the showroom floor is because they have chosen to balance performance with comfort. You have to give a little to get a little. Period.

12. Did i mention to stop crying about vibration?
    :angel:

Now, make up your mind. Do you want them or not? Do it or don't do it. Their's really nothing to discuss...

Eric

I'm not crying about the vibration, you're the first one that's admitted that there is SERIOUS vibration when you install these. Everyone else was saying there's hardly any. I can deal with hardly any, but I won't deal with lots of vibration, so I pulled mine out. It's done, they're gone. I just wish someone would have said something earlier. I wasn't going to wait for a breakin when they make it feel like I have major engine balance problems. Nobody previously had mentioned anything like that. Thanks for letting me know it's normal, but I'm still gonna leave them out.

np.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner to tell ya.

Haven't been browsin the posts lately....

Every car is different tho. We did 3 at once. EPhatchgirl's was the worst vibration on the first drive. Hers settled down 2 days later. BlacknRedSi's was milder from the start. Mine was horrific, but I had a hour drive home on I-95 when I was done. I raced a '99 Si for the whole trip back, mostly between 80-120mph. Mine settled in by the time I got home because of that!!!

Eric

Hmmm...That's reaaly weird. Mine wasn't bad at all really...I thought it was going to be much worse. As far as putting them in without removing the front mount, I tried that on "anjapower" 's (Anj) and couldn't get it in. It was a hair short. I actually spent more time trying to put it in without removing it than actually removing the mount and realigning it.

Also, quick tip: Once you've removed the rear mount and main bolt on the front mount - swing the engine back from underneath and insert a 5" ratchet extention into the front mount's hole (where the bolt was connecting the mount to the frame). It keeps the front mount backed off and makes it cake to remove. After you take off the 3 bolts, just back the motor off again, remove the extention and the mount will slide right out. Also, I used a little grease to get it back in and it worked like a champ.
    Mel

sorry ta bring this thred back from a while ago, but im just now concidering the mount inserts. Lets say one of the mounts are ripped on the inside, will i have to replace that mount>?

One of the functions of the inserts is to repair a torn motor mount... Mine was torn when I installed mine.

Your fine - but if you don't do the inserts you WILL need a new mount.

Eric

Late Night IL E-thug BlackSi613nin's Avatar
    i just ordered mine from hondawerx today, can wait!!!

joHn

got my inserts in and NO MORE WHEEL HOP! pretty happy about that, though there is a considerable increase in vibration between 1k-1.5k rpm, does that go away after the inserts have had a break in period? and with the install, i did the entire thing myself except for putting the front mount in, which i needed a friend to pry the motor while i put the front mount back in (which took only about 5-10min) to make the install easier, disconnect the downpipe use some type of lubricant on the inserts and get a really BIG pry bar. i used a 3foot pry bar and all i have to say is torque is a wonderful thing:D

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information