Close

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ephatch member
    SBC31,
    I've gotten in the habit of cracking the suroof before I close the door, makes closing a lot easier, especially for passengers.

Sort of like the old V-dubs: you had to crack a window or you'd never get the door to close.

Originally posted by Mechanic
    You think these things are "defects"? Spend some time at (just to pick a few randomly) at the CorvetteForum. com (lot of motor, zero quality); Bimmer.com (a ton of money, and the odds are 50-50 that you'll end up with terminal overheating problems just about the time the warranty gives out); MBNZ.com (a Mercedes site)(whatever they were years ago, they aren't now).

Compared to just about any other make you want to name, Hondas/Acuras are spun gold. Oil and filters, and they'll run forever (unless, of course, you insist on filling them full of NOX).
    Dude, again these are just minor things we have found. In no way are we saying that our cars suck or anything.

SpacemanSpiff;

Thanks for the tip, I already knew that opening a window or the sunroof then breaks the cars seal. But man I hate it when it's raining...lol!

wow. let me add my stuff to the list...

1) stupid wind noise
    2) my rear bumper and rear right fender are not flush where they meet
    3) my hood does not line up perfectly, it sits a little to the left
    4) seat belt clanking up against my seat and inside of the car

i understand that this is just some body work and other stuff i can't help, but they bother me still.

i can't believe some of the problems you guys are having, like the window problems, leaks, and creaking. i would take the car back to honda right away. my stuff is pretty minor and i wanted to take it back.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SBC31
    [Dude . . . In no way are we saying that our cars suck or anything."

Nor am I!

Originally posted by CleanBlackSi02
    -Excessive vibrating near/from right rear speaker
    This is an easy fix. Simply take the speaker cover off, and I bet you that the screws are not in all the way. You may also want to add some foam at the bottom (like the one they have on the top) to prevent the plastic speaker cover from rattling.

Originally posted by Mechanic
    Nor am I!
    Sorry guess I read it wrong, my mistake.

NetDragon

Defects?

Yeah my back right speakers sounded blown or rattled. Learned this is common. Popped off ythe speaker cover and 3 of the 4 screws holding in the speaker where very loose. Tigned down all four and checked out the other speaker in the rear. It too was very loose, but not as bad as the right one.

Some times I try and stick it in reverse and it will not go. I have to let the clutch out juuuuuust a little and it will slide into reverse.

Otherwise, I have to say it has been a kick butt car! My friend was not kidding. The more it gets broken in, the faster it gets!

2K2CivicSi.... did you lower your car? and if so you need to take your car to the dealer and have the cd player waranteed cause i had to at around 5K.
    rocket_civic

My car's lowered, and the CD player skips. Not all the time but, every now and then. Are you saying I can take my car in and they'll fix the deck??? Plus...What did you have done with your speakers???

creator of ephatch DownTheHatch's Avatar
    Originally posted by fishboy

2) my rear bumper and rear right fender are not flush where they meet

[/B]
    Yes I almost forgot, my driver side rear fender and bumper a mis aligned the fender is in too far or the bumper is out too far.

And I have rust spots on my steel exhaust tips from the factory.

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    Originally posted by punkdork
    Engine is underpowered
    Open differential
    5 spds and high RPMS at freeway speeds

Oh wait... those aren't defects... they're designed this way
    Yeah I really hate keeping the engine revving at 4000 RPM's while only doing 80 MPH - what was Honda thinking?? It just seems like such a waste of gas!

SiCivic2k2
    Just hit 4k miles. Noises, squeeks, and problem free! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

My front headlights arn't flush with the body at some points, my rear bumper isn't flush with the rest of the body also.......really small and minor, only me would notice
    I also had to fix the right rear rattling speaker.....anyone put aftermarket ones in there?, I tried to put 6.5"'s but the holes didn't align.

undaground knowledge
    The only problem I have observed on mine has been that reverse sounds a little rough, and loud. The pillar on the drivers side windsheild has been installed wrong, so it was hanging off. There is also a teeny tiny spot where the paint was removed leaving the black plastic visible on teh top corner of the passenger bumper.

No problem closing doors with the windows down.

If you can beat your wifes LX, you ain't driving right.

Stereo just sucks too. Why do they even try pass that crap off, and then put a sticker saying " will not work if stolen". Like anyone is gonna jack a stock unit.
    There, I said my peace.

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    Originally posted by grooveline
    If you can beat your wifes LX, you ain't driving right.
    you mean if he CAN'T beat the LX?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information