Close

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I usually just beat my .... ummm. Nm. Anyways i also have a missaligned rear driver side fender and bumper. The service manager said tis probably a clip that popped out. As for my stereo all my speakers literally, i mean literally started on fire. Smoke filled my interior. Took me a week and 3 air freshners to get the smell out.

Glix

My list

Weird creaking sound when I make hard right turns while going up an entrance (like a driveway). Same weird sound every now and then going over speed bumps.

Right rear speaker sounded blown so I took the cover off and tightened the screws (they where horribly loose).

Shifting varies all the time, sometimes it's smooth and sometimes it's very ruff, drives me nuts.

If I really get on the car and push it through 3 gears smoke comes from the exhaust. Anyone else notice this? I've read that it's from oil being sprayed on the walls but it's not confirmed as to wether or not this is the cause. (taking it to the dealer in 2 days)

corbinh
    Mine has been trouble free so far(no squeaks or rattles) granted I have had it a month and only 500 miles on it so far. Did find a random screw lying in the floorboard.

Is anyones else door panels scratched up near the window from the seatbelt scratching them when you unbuckle them. I let mine go once and it took a chunck of plastic out of the rear panel.

SLOlife
    I have a rattle only in the morning, i sounds like it is coming fomr the dash area. So far I have not had any succes finding the source It only happens in the morning, by lunch time it goes away.

So if I would drop it off at the dealer by the time they would drive it the noise would go away. Bothers me since I bought my car on the 1st and it only has 850 miles on it!

I have not found any defects or weird noises. Weeeell...

1) It seems that the windshield is a little weak. Had it replaced already!

B)Some fuckin bitch opened her door into my car WHILE I was in the car. I couldn't cuss cuz she was fine as hell. But Then i cussed as soon as she left.

Das about it.

My only other gripe is that once i move my seat, it takes me a long time to find that right comfortable spot again.

litte things that I love,

Only noticeable thing is the passenger side window is noisy going up & down.

Holding Monster says: dustinhurley's Avatar
    1. driver window makes noises
    2. chrome plastic button for the e-brake came scratched up
    3. driver seat makes popping noise sometimes
    4. sliding lid for the cup holder scratches very easily (not a defect, just poor design)

DrPimpSiR
    3000 km, still have stinky exhaust.
    Rumbling from rear speakers, that was fixed at the dealer with foam tape and silicone.
    All else is good (knock on wood!!!)

Thumbs down

Extra screw in driver's door removed after a week of ownership.
    Driver side front side marker light falling out, waiting for the new one.
    Defect in the carpet behind the driver's seat, new floor carpeting on order.

Steering wheel off center. Will fix next visit.

Fit of drivers door is not up to Honda standards.

Sunroof rattles when in up mode.

Rattle from passenger side area, its not the seat belt, I've not been able to locate the noise yet.

If this car was built in North America or Japan,, I don't believe these issues would exist. I've never owned a well built car from England.

PS The fit and finish of the Mini I tested was piss poor, that's one of the reasons I bought the SIR.

Originally posted by ghollett1
    Extra screw in driver's door removed after a week of ownership.
    Driver side front side marker light falling out, waiting for the new one.
    Defect in the carpet behind the driver's seat, new floor carpeting on order.
    Steering wheel off center. Will fix next visit.
    Fit of drivers door is not up to Honda standards.
    Sunroof rattles when in up mode.
    Rattle from passenger side area, its not the seat belt, I've not been able to locate the noise yet.
    Dude you may have gotten a so called "Lemon" since every automaker has them every now and then. Assemblers in England must have built your car after having a few Guiness at lunch...:D :D :D

when i wash my car, it gets really wet on the drivers side right under the door. the car doesnt seem smooth (feelt like my 99 civic when the boot was ripped), and the door panel moves when i open the door.

Hmmm...I wonder why they assembled them in the UK this time, always been either Japan or Canada (I know my 89 Civic Si was assembled there) for the Civic Si.

After all, England has not exactly been known for quality cars. I'm sure too much Guinness had something to do with our defects (poor fit & finish is more accurate)...hehe! ;) However, I think my fit & finish has been very good.
    Last edited by HondaMan; 07-19-2002 at 09:08 PM.

SiCivic2k2
    Does anyone have a problem with it going into reverse sometimes? I have this problem occansionaly and it's kind of embarrassing when you have people in the car. "Don't know how to drive stick?" :o

ephatch member
    Thats been a Honda thing since the dawn of time. It's a very agressive reverse lock out to keep you from stuffing it in R while moving foreward. Best advice is to go into first or second, then reverse. Remeber: "R means Reverse, not Race!"

FWIW, I have nothing to report on my SiR.

Originally posted by HondaMan
    Hmmm...I wonder why they assembled them in the UK this time, always been either Japan or Canada (I know my 89 Civic Si was assembled there) for the Civic Si.

After all, England has not exactly been known for quality cars. I'm sure too much Guinness had something to do with our defects (poor fit & finish is more accurate)...hehe! ;) However, I think my fit & finish has been very good.

Dude the 99-00 Civic Si's were made in East Liberty, Ohio. I still have absolutely no problems with my car : ).

It's like this. Because We will not get the Type R and probably never will (hopefully yes), honda would have to retrofit or make a factory for just 15,000 or cars? Not worth it. Why not do it in japan? Same reason.

Instead, what they did was create one big ass factory in the UK which not only makes ALL civic 3 doors, but can easily be converted to make other cars as well using the latest and greatest technology. If you're ever in swindon, take the tour. Should be impressive. It's somewhat of a transformer factory.

This, plus the fact that honda wants to have factories all over the world not only to meet the demand for these cars, but to give other countries a chance to profit from them, and to create jobs for their locals.

Honda is evil in such a good way. They're everything the usa want's to be!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information