Close

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I should have said all Civic Si hatches were either made in Alliston, Ontario Canada or Japan...mostly in Canada. I think the 1st Gen Civic Si hatch was assembled in Japan.

I understand Honda

ephatch member
    i had some minor stuff also... but nuthin the dealer wont fix.

anyone have a problwm with this poping like sounds when shifting into 2nd gear? its like this poping sounds when i shift and press on gas pedal hard... is it my car or anyone have thet problem too?

hehe aren't we all honda freaks?

I had a dream that my neighbor stole my car. I woke up yelling NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!.

well

I have not got this fixed yet but thare is something lose insinde on my passanger door and when i take turns i can hear it rolling around in thare and when the door is closed you can hear it banging around in the door i have not had time to fix it but it is annoying and my passanger seat is messed up. When you pull the lever up on the right of the seat to adjust the seat or let some one in the back it gets stuck sometimes very annoying other than that I am loving my ride

Anyone notice that when it rains, water gets lodged in the rear hatch above the license plate, the part that houses the Honda symbol. I'm wondering if after time , this area is prone to rust since water dose not seem to drain from this area properly. After a rain storm, lift up your hatch and them lower it, you will notice water dripping from this area.

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    I get that dripping a lot too - it really sucks when you are trying to dry your car and every 2 minutes you find new streams of water on the rear bumper.

nothing yet I think. I noticed that after one day that when I shift to 3rd it seems a little more....how to explain this...kinda like there is a hint of strain....like it could grind like the previous generation. I'm of course not slamming gears nor going that fast. I barely go over 3k rpm. I only have 200 miles right now.

FourJays
    No problems here, yet. Mechanic is exactly right too. MB, BMW and Corvette are superior road cars but can't hold a candle to our reliability. How much fun can you have in 'vette, BMW or MB when it's always pissing you off with problems?

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
    nothing yet I think. I noticed that after one day that when I shift to 3rd it seems a little more....how to explain this...kinda like there is a hint of strain....like it could grind like the previous generation. I'm of course not slamming gears nor going that fast. I barely go over 3k rpm. I only have 200 miles right now.
    I have the same problem and I have over 5K miles now. It's quite annoying.

LateSleeper
    I'm taking my car to the dealer tomorrow... I have a problem with the fuel guage. It intermittenly shows an empty tank with the fuel light on even tho it has 3/4 - 1/2 tank of gas. Just in case, I checked the gas cap... I close it with 3 clicks per the manual and the problem persits.

Other than that, everything is good.

I might pick up some splash guards while I'm there.
    Last edited by LateSleeper; 07-22-2002 at 08:22 PM.

I've had my gas gauge act up too. Let us know what the dealer does when you take your car in LateSleeper. I've had my gauge read 2 lines above empty, then move to empty and then back up to 2 lines. It was driving me crazy yesterday.

Also, does anyone know how much gas is supposed to be left when the low fuel light comes on?

Other than that, everything fits good, at least it did until I got rear-ended. But, that should be getting fixed soon.

my gauge jumps around while in E as well......weird

SiCivic2k2
    I'm also having problems with my gas light. I was driving to a friends house one night and my gas light came on. I was like, "shit, I need gas". I got to my friends house and left my car running while I was talking to him. I got done talking to him and I was about to leave and I look down at my gas gauge and the light had went off and the needle had went up a few notches. This happens all the time. Very wierd. Let us know what they say at the dealership.

LateSleeper
    I waited for about four hours at the dealer... long night. Anyways, the dealer says that my fuel guage sending unit failed. They ordered a new one for me so I have to go back when they get the part in. Definately get that checked out if your gas guage is acting funny. I'm not sure if this is a part number but it says 645150 under the job description on the invoice.

REAL DEFECTS:

-passenger window popped right out when door is slammed hard.

-passenger inner door latch broken, passengers have to roll window down and open door from the outside (I don't think that the driver should open his passenger's door everytime as a sign of courtesy was on any Honda executives' mind...is it?)

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information