Close

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    MagusDC5
    Have any of you experienced any oil consumption problems with your K series? A lot of RSX owners complain their engines eat oil. Mine hasnt eaten any yet and im at 2800 miles.

SiCivic2k2
    Thanks latesleeper. I guess I need to take my civic in to get checked.

mine eats oil kinda i just got it changed at 5k im at 6k now and down about a half quart.

No R motor!:D Other than that, mine's perfect. Let's hear it for the Brits!

I've noticed mine eating oil Magus. I had to add almost a quart before the first oil change.

I just had my first oil change last week, so I'll keep an eye on it to see how it does.

Still Around...
    My motor ate a lil' over 2 quarts at the 5k change.

I'm getting this howling sound, like a really faint horn sound.

It only happens above 80mph. I think it's the weather stripping on the top of the car, those rubber black strips. I looked at them and they are buldging up a little. It starts to buldge at about 2inches from the front. It's easy to just pull them back. I don't think it should be that easy. anyone else?

SON OF A BEOTCH SRS light!!!!!!
    My SRS light stayed on when I left Best Buy yesterday. :(
    I think it was because my friend bought a VW magazine....
    HONDAMAN if your out there and your reading this let me know why the hell my SRS light came on and stayed on..some possibilities? I hope this doesn't mean them lazy people at honda messed up my airbags and they won't deploy. I want a different car now :(

SiCivic2k2
    My SRS light also came on, but I think the guys who installed my amp and sub might have messed up something. I havn't had time to take it to the dealer yet, but hopefully they'll fix it under warranty.

stingyboy
    the SRS light stuck on in my older mitsu...f'ed up sender or something. take it in, honda will fix it under warranty, for sure. hell, even mits did!

Glix
    Originally posted by MagusDC5
    Have any of you experienced any oil consumption problems with your K series? A lot of RSX owners complain their engines eat oil. Mine hasnt eaten any yet and im at 2800 miles.
    I took my car into the dealer at 2600 miles because of this problem. They said I was 2 1/2 quarts low. Apparently the break- in oil does not hold up well under high rpm's (5k+) and just burns off.

I switched to 5w/30 valvoline and it's not happening anymore.

ephatch member
    Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
    I'm getting this howling sound, like a really faint horn sound.

It only happens above 80mph. I think it's the weather stripping on the top of the car, those rubber black strips. I looked at them and they are buldging up a little. It starts to buldge at about 2inches from the front. It's easy to just pull them back. I don't think it should be that easy. anyone else?
    Yeah, mine has bubbled up too. Im taking it in on the 5th to replace it. Honda really couldnt give me an answer as to why it does this, so they said they'll just replace it.

The lock door sticker fell off the other day....what were they thinking with a little metal backed sticker?!?!

Well, the only problem that really ticked me off was that after I got it home and put in my garage I noticed a dent in the rear hatch. Too late since I had taken it off the lot, but at least it's not terribly noticeable (since the car is white). However I expected a dent free car but someone must have really bumped into it hard to put a dent there. I seriously doubt honda will fix something like this. Even a paintless dent repair person would have to remove some interior panels to get to it.

Only thing so far is that the damn handles on the seat the one that adjusts the back support gets stuck on the bulging part of the seat.

corbinh
    my glovebox has started making squeaking noises...get some kind of crunch noise coming from the front driver side when going over bumps.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information