Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    iHeartOxycotin

Hows the ride w/ Ground Controls?

if you've got an 02' SI w/ Ground control coil overs... hows the ride? do u have stock shocks? or aftermarkets? if so what kind? how long have you had them? did you trim the front spring seat? Ty! :D

i like the ride. kinda soft sometimes, though. i have them on my stock struts. i have had them for a few months now and have had no problems except bottoming out once in a while. i like em lots. i have plans for some teins eventually though...

Originally posted by fishboy
    i like the ride. kinda soft sometimes, though. i have them on my stock struts. i have had them for a few months now and have had no problems except bottoming out once in a while. i like em lots. i have plans for some teins eventually though...
    Mushy and bouncy with stock shocks, but comfortable. I can't wait for some Koni's....or air ride if I get 18's.

for those of you that currently have GC's on your ride! ARE YOU SURE THEY ARE FOR THE 02 SI!!??? this was brought up by GRM in his post, come to find out ground control seemingly like every other company out there gave us the springs for the regular civic.. They are way to soft, if you call GC and tell them you want the new/revised 02 si springs they are much stiifer and from what i hear get rid of all the bouncy mushy feelings. just a thought --joe

Originally posted by 02blksi
    for those of you that currently have GC's on your ride! ARE YOU SURE THEY ARE FOR THE 02 SI!!??? this was brought up by GRM in his post, come to find out ground control seemingly like every other company out there gave us the springs for the regular civic.. They are way to soft, if you call GC and tell them you want the new/revised 02 si springs they are much stiifer and from what i hear get rid of all the bouncy mushy feelings. just a thought --joe
    I duno....I was told that they had two distinct models for the 2001+ and the Si. Most springs/coilovers that are lowering a car that much on stock shocks are going to be pretty bouncy.

Still Around...
    I don't get any mushiness or bounciness at all

The first time I ordered them, they gave me 94-00 Civics , but I finally got the "2002 Civic Si" coils... "I know this because that's what it says on the box" :)

I also use stock shocks and get a very firm, great handling vehicle.

I wouldn't trade these for anything. (But I've never been in a car with Teins, either). I'm also quite low, A little over 2in drop and I haven't bottomed out yet in this pot-hole infested region.

iHeartOxycotin - There's no trimming at all except for the rear bump-stops which you cut in half. Most of the OEM strut casings are discarded, too.

how much did you guys pay for your GC's and from where? thanks --joe

how much did you guys pay for your GC's and from where? thanks --joe
    $315ish delivered from Tornactive.com.

Still Around...
    $296 Delivered from Massive Motorsports.

Caveat Emptor, though. They sent the wrong ones, so it took about a month and a half for them to get me the right ones.

300 from a shop. glad to hear you got the right ones finally, dynaspeed. and really glad to hear you like them.

I drive a Rice Rocket RacingCivicSi02's Avatar
    they had some on www.groupbuycenter.com for $305 shipped.

Still Around...
    glad to hear you got the right ones finally, dynaspeed. and really glad to hear you like them
    Hey, Thanks again for the help on that too, Fish!

Also, you've had yours on for a little while now with the stocker struts. What do you think that your drop is, and have you noticed any decline in the ride with it being lower on the stockers? And if you do feel a steady decline in performance with the stock struts, how much life do you think that they have?

I have mine set at about between 2 and 2.25", and I'm just not really sure if they will last me the winter. Considering that the stock struts are made by Nissin, I'm thinking they may last a little longer than your normal OEM struts.

no problem man, anytime. i have them set a bit lower than halfway, about 1 finger in the back and 1 and a half fingers in the front. i am hoping the stock struts last a while. i don't want them to break on me any time soon. they feel the same though. good ride, rebounds nicely. i want to say i am not worried about them, but i don't want to jinx it. i'll just say that i don't think about them much.

I agree with that statement. most likely those with a mushy ride could be on the other springs for the 2001+ civics except the si. it has a lower spring rate....thus mushy. although it depends on the persons defintion of mushy....like if they had a tweeked out suspension on a previous car.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...&threadid=1965

actually i made sure i had the right part number for the 02 si. i had lots of problems in the past, i would call a shop up and ask if they had exhaust or whatever for the 02 si then when i got there it was for the 99-00 si. so i have a habit of always making sure it is for our hatch.

i hear though that ground control is coming out with a new coilover or something, according to those guys with the white hatch with stickers all over it. is this true? maybe they were just making it up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information