Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    See now this is what I didn't want to hear. I looked at the rubber bushings I removed and thought, "gee if the lips face each other, it will resemble the rubber ones I'm replacing."

But the directions say to "place one of the bushings, leveled edge up, underneath the metal plate and the top bushing leveled edge down above the metal plate." That would indicate to me that diagram A would be correct because the "leveled side" would seem to be the one without the lip. But all the pictures I looked at of the install looked like the lips went in and the flat sides went out so that's why I wanted to know which was correct.

I should have used common sense. Seems to me the tutorials/instructions need to be edited or revised. They are very misleading. Either that or a schematic that shows a 45 degree side view/cutaway of the 12 mm bolt going through the bushings with the proper sides up and down showing needs to be created...kinda like the ones you get when you buy a desk you put together yourself. It has diagrams that show which bolts go in which holes with dotted lines indicating the way the assembly goes together.

Last edited by Ty's Si; 10-21-2003 at 11:46 PM.

Visit me @ K-Series.com Mugen_EP's Avatar
    I guess I'm to blame for that since I wrote up the directions. I'll try to get a pic of a bolt through the bushings so people can see how they should look.

sorry bout that.:sadm:

-Tony

Hey no problem. I'll just get in there and reverse them sometime in the next day or so.

Hopefully this will help others if they have the same question. Thanks for the reply Mugen.

Visit me @ K-Series.com Mugen_EP's Avatar
    NP, I'll get Steve to update K-series and I'll e-mail the seller so he can update his instructions also.

Originally posted by Ty's Si
    See now this is what I didn't want to hear. I looked at the rubber bushings I removed and thought, "gee if the lips face each other, it will resemble the rubber ones I'm replacing."
    same exact thought , yea i was very confused when i put bushings on. but i will just redo them. i guess iw ill have to go buy short shifter now:D
    Last edited by Civicvtec1ps; 10-22-2003 at 02:55 PM.

ahhhh!!!! i'm another victim on the installion error. I was wondering and wondering when I did the installion. But I went with the instructions.... :'( Thx to Ty'sSi for leading me to this post. I guess I'll change it up tomorrow.

ephatch member
    thanks for clarifying the directions, just placed my order on the groupbuy for the aluminum bushings. waiting to get them so i can install. good job fellows for the heads up.

What the seller had to say

Just got an email back from CapYoda. That's the dude who sold me the bushings.

actually they should face in and "touch each other."

like u put the raised surface into the hole... the bottom piece will face up, and the top piece wil face down.

hmm. the instruction didn't specify that? I need to take a look.. been getting this question lately.

oh yeah its a hassle to take it apart and do it again, there honestly wont be that much of a difference.. like it wont be as tight as it could be.. but if you torqued the bolt enough, u probably wont feel the difference.

so dont bein a hurry to fix that.. maybe when you install a short
    shifter adapter or something.

serious.. the directions make u think it's a easy install.. it was sucha BIATCH!!!! OMG.... worst part is taking out the metal sleeves OMG. freak!!!

Seems someone already did a thread on this

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...threadid=23480

Yea, Raiyo's DIY came after I posed the question a few weeks ago. Getting that bottom right rubber bushing out was the biggest pain in the whole install process. But overall, it makes the shifter feel much more precise when engaged in each gear, especially when used in combination with the Neuspeed SS. I did mine incorrectly the first time as well, but fixed it 2 days later. The second time isn't so bad because you don't have to mess with the rubber bushing removal again.

BTW, nice DIY Raiyo.

i did "a" thank god for everyones input. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information