Close

Thread: Pin stripe glue

These are my confessions Zero Three Si's Avatar

Pin stripe glue

I took off my pin stripes but there are tiny spots of clue left on....what should I use to take it off? I've tried Bug and Tar remover but it was a pain in the ass to use and it didn't do a great job at taking it off.

Asshole, Major Asshole Driftin SI's Avatar
    Use some goof off or a similar product. It might help to heat up the glue with a heat gun or hair dryer.

TexMex @ b3st
    You can use laquer thinner (probably spelled that wrong) but you know the stuff used to thin out paint usually. Use that, but if you do try to wipe it off fast, just don't let it soak for a few minutes or anything. Once you wipe it down with a wrag just a lil bit the glue should come off really easy. I hear that goo gone or goof off or whatever works too though, so I guess it's all just a matter of what you have on hand.

ephatch member
    Walmart automotive section carrys a spray for adhesive removal.

I used my clay bar. It took it all off without worrying about using solvent on the paint.

there this magical shit called GooGone. i got some at Save-ons for like 3 bux. this stuff will dominate any sticky residue left from any sticker/pinstripe. i love this stuff and its all natural. made with citrus crap..

Second the Goo-Gone. I've used it on residue from pinstripes and the i-VTEC stickers with no problems.

When you get it off, immediately wash & wax the area, preferably with the same stuff you use normally.

Thread Information