Close

ephatch member

JSIR how much did HotRod charge for the midpipe

thanks and what size did you get?

If you live by them they can help you. I emailed them and they replied that they didn't make a jig or measurments or anything. I wanted them to make me one but I'm in Dallas and they need my car to do it. If you cannot find a place near you that can mandrel bend, call MBRP (also in Canada). They will sell you the midpipe from their Si kit seperately. It's mandrel bent with a resonator. Good luck.

Canuck
    I haven't bought one from them yet, I've been experimenting with cheap crush bent pipes right now as I wasn't sure if I would like the midpipe or not. Now that I like the sound I am going to get them to make one for me next.

Last time I spoke with them they said mandrel bends are $45 each, I figure they will need about 3 mandrel bends. I think aluminized pipe will cost around $200, stainless around $300. I'm not totally sure until I take my car down to them. If I were you I would visit them and they will be able to give you a firm price.

Since I am using the stock muffler, I think a two inch mandrel bent mid-pipe should be sufficient. I may go with 2.25" mandrel bent pipe at the largest. I would not go larger than 2.25". Isn't the MBRP piping 2.5" ?. I'm waiting for my intake to arrive, then I have to do a bit more dyno testing , then if all goes well I should know exactly what size mid-pipe I may need.

Isn't the MBRP piping 2.5" ?.
    Nope, The MBRP exhaust piping is 2.25" as well. Perhaps you were thinking of the Thermal exhaust, it's 2.5"

DrPimpSiR
    Originally posted by JSIR
    Isn't the MBRP piping 2.5" ?.
    No, 2.25" - I've got one on my car.

Thread Information