Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by jason
    Hey pax I plan on doing this to my car asap. Can you post a pic of what it looks like on the car. Good job. also how long did it take to dry before you put it back on your car and drove it.
    I let mine dry for about 3 hours, then put it back on the car.

Nice DIY, hmm.... another good DIY, heheh.

just wondering, how close is the color of the red compared to an actualy JDM one? if it's pretty dead on, i'd do it, if its an off red color from the JDm, i'll pass.

Vermicious Knid oldschoolimport's Avatar
    Originally posted by civic hatch boi
    just wondering, how close is the color of the red compared to an actualy JDM one? if it's pretty dead on, i'd do it, if its an off red color from the JDm, i'll pass.
    hell man, for $8 its damn close enough that you wouldn't be able to tell if its not the same shade. if you are that picky, and you have the snaps, go buy the real thing!!

Originally posted by oldschoolimport
    hell man, for $8 its damn close enough that you wouldn't be able to tell if its not the same shade. if you are that picky, and you have the snaps, go buy the real thing!!
    why not just answer the question? not considering the $8 price of the DIY, how close is the color comparison, ayone elsE?

anyone in SO CAL know where to purchase this paint in store???
    all the online places charge $8 for shipping.

it's pretty dead on dude.

ephatch member
    Hey guys I did this diy and it didn't come out as planned. I put about 6 coats on it and let it dry for about 5 to 6 hours and it only wrinkled in certain areas. Over all I am very dissapointed but I think its my fault more than anything else. I'm gonna probably buy the real one from www.jdmhondaparts.com for 139.00. If you want to purchase the paint I bought two cans from www.saturnmotorsports.com for 19.06, The shipping was 8 dollars. I've got a can and a half left which I'm gonna sell to someone local for 10.00 bucks. If I were you guys I would not be shy with the paint. Use the entire can when you do this, so it doesn't turn out like mine. I will have pics up after dec 2 cause my chick took our camera with her on vacation.

Shit looks good PaXiE!

dont copy my text, fucker downhil's Avatar
    Originally posted by jason
    Hey guys I did this diy and it didn't come out as planned. I put about 6 coats on it and let it dry for about 5 to 6 hours and it only wrinkled in certain areas. Over all I am very dissapointed but I think its my fault more than anything else. I'm gonna probably buy the real one from www.jdmhondaparts.com for 139.00. If you want to purchase the paint I bought two cans from www.saturnmotorsports.com for 19.06, The shipping was 8 dollars. I've got a can and a half left which I'm gonna sell to someone local for 10.00 bucks. If I were you guys I would not be shy with the paint. Use the entire can when you do this, so it doesn't turn out like mine. I will have pics up after dec 2 cause my chick took our camera with her on vacation.
    i sent you a pm.

to remove the valve cover is it a simple 'unscrew nuts and bolts' and remove? Is that all there is to it, no hidden problems or difficulties?

Vermicious Knid oldschoolimport's Avatar
    just several bolts, the coil packs come out of the plug holes, and make sure the rubber gasket stays in place when you put the valve cover back on. if you can change a tire, you should be able to do this, it is not much worse. good luck.

ephatch member
    i am going to need to do that

damn where did the videos go? i had them before but deleted them now i can't find them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information