Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    this.setRootCause(last);
    The install was sort of a pain in the ass. It was nice to be able to work on a mod from inside the car, since it was so cold outside. The difference really is so minimal, though, that I would have a hard time recommending this mod. If you feel like spending $11 and enjoy messing with your car, then go for it. Otherwise sleep easy knowing that others don't have radically improved shift feel.

am I the only one who though it was easy? if you have a good socket set its easy, I didnt remove the upper radio console and didnt have problems finding dropped parts. I like the new feel.

blackout, ur in denver.. u should come install mine ;)

Originally posted by chibianh
    damn.. u guys weren't kidding when u said it's a pain to install. I broke 2 socket extension and a ratchet just trying to loosen the bolts! THey're in so damn tight!
    It wasn't that had to install was it? Didn't cause that big of a problem to me.

There is a difference in this mod, but very minimal. Worthed it for $11 buck, or 16 for me. :(

Don't use cheap tools, then your stuff won't break or as easily.

I did mine when we did the A2 swap so it wasnt all that bad on the install, i also did the neuspeed SS and thought the end result is much improved over stock!!! The Extra cog is a beautiful thing as well...

chibianh,
    no problem man. I'm free every sunday and most days before 3:00. I'll help you out. I don't have a torque wrench though, just regular sockets.

Just wanted to say thanks to raiyo for putting up this DIY. This together with the k-series guide helped throughout my install. The only part that I struggled with, like many of you guys, was getting the metal part out of the bottom right corner.

After the install, I can feel the difference going into gears. It's no longer as "cushioned", but more "clicky". I'm pretty sure it's not just psychological.. :D

Overall a great mod for $11 and 1 hour's time...

So what ever happened to the dumbasses who said ya only need 4 outta the 8 shifter bushings for the EP? Cause really? I need some of the shit they are smoking:D

Not trying to jack your thread, just adding.

Did the install thanks to Scott (YssSI), droped one couldn't find it. So used two washers instead, just for alittle while until I had the time to look for it.

Wasn't sure how to go at this so I took off this

Then I took out this

Then I thought, mybe I shouldn't have taken those off. So I put them back.

Then hit up the bottom

Can you see it

Took me a while, also I broke both the clips (dammit). So now I will have to make a trip to Honda. Great mod if you don't drop um :D

I had no trouble with dropping the bushings inside the dash. I did a few times, and the first time I was like.... man....all these people telling me about it and I still buck up. I reached in from the bottom, and EVERY time I dropped it, I was able to find it back in the same spot. Stick your hand in and there it is. Took some time to feel it out on the first time.

Originally posted by raiyo
    I had no trouble with dropping the bushings inside the dash. I did a few times, and the first time I was like.... man....all these people telling me about it and I still buck up. I reached in from the bottom, and EVERY time I dropped it, I was able to find it back in the same spot. Stick your hand in and there it is. Took some time to feel it out on the first time.

exactly!!!! The only difficulty I had was getting the bolts loose with the small wrench I used to fit in the dash... I thought it was incredibly easy to find the 1 washer that I dropped.

Originally posted by raiyo
    I found it right next to the bolt on the left. You have to look hard...

It was good overall for me to do that. Even though I f*cked up some of the dash around the shifter trying to take it off again. Learning the inside of the car, very easy. Took time, but easy. See I think since it was dark the night we first did the install that when it dropped, we could have knocked it down even futher.

remote cousin of ae86 tony speed's Avatar
    there's no way a ratchet and an extension should have broke on this. I bought a 10 inch extention and pulled it easily. I did manage to lose a ratchet piece in the console though.....i'll keep looking for it.

would the damn bushing be anywhere by that little tray in there that catches everything you drop in there?

damn... i guess imma start takin everything apart then... friggin aluminum bushing... lol

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information