Close

Bulge Seat & Conical Seat - Difference???

Could someone tell me what's the difference in the two? I've done my part on searching and reading. All that's been covered is stock is bulge seated lugs (not safe for aftermarket rims) and aftermarket rims need conical seated lugs. That's all I know about them. Anyone wanna give me some 411 on em? Pictures will be nice when explaining. Thx in advance.

Re: Bulge Seat & Conical Seat - Difference???

Originally posted by raiyo
    Could someone tell me what's the difference in the two? I've done my part on searching and reading. All that's been covered is stock is bulge seated lugs (not safe for aftermarket rims) and aftermarket rims need conical seated lugs. That's all I know about them. Anyone wanna give me some 411 on em? Pictures will be nice when explaining. Thx in advance.
    they describe the taper on the seat of the lugs. bulge is a rounded taper, while conical is a straight taper.

you can't mix and match. most stock wheels are bulge taper, most aftermarket tuner wheels are conical taper.

How do you tell the difference between the two rims. My aftermarket rims came with the round seated nuts.

Originally posted by labelhunter
    How do you tell the difference between the two rims. My aftermarket rims came with the round seated nuts.
    your stock lugs are bluge seat, if they're anything different, they're conical.

Asshole, Major Asshole Driftin SI's Avatar
    Tire Rack has a good write up on the diffrent types of lugs.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/nutsandbolts.htm

Thread Information