Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    Originally posted by 4g63dsm
    if you are running an air to air intercooler it shouldn't matter thats the air being inducted by the filter is hot; since that air air gonna be pumped through the turbo, then the ic pipe system and back to the intake manifold.
    Yes, that is exactly how it is plummed....

Eric

Now anwser my quetions.!

Hey E, maybe look into the mugen or buddy club carbon fiber hoods for their scoop placement could be cut open to help disapate the hot air and allow fresher air to enter into the engine bay via sort of a vaccum like the evo uses.

Originally posted by sniperSI
    Ok now the questions

What kinda throttle postin do u use in 1st gear, Can you take off quick if you decide to just start from a dead stop in 2nd or 3rd?

How about moving thru the gears, can you floor it or is it too much power?

HOw fast do you move thru the gears now:?
    Throttle in 1st gear is about 30-40% if I DON'T I BURN RUBBER AND THE CLUTCH!!

You cannot take off quick in ANY gear with OEM Clutch and shitty tires.... It works like this... Below 2500rpm, the car drives STOCK - no boost (maybe 1/2 a pound)... If you feather or dump the clutch ABOVE 2500rpm, the power kicks in HARD and I'm free-wheelin or meltin the stock clutch. If I had a clutch and REALLY sticky tires, I could FLY thru 1st or start in second OR third!! I just can't rev that high from a dead stop w/o a clutch and tires :( Not CN's fault, just more money I have to spend to make the ultimate drag car ;)

If you try to FLOOR it thru the gears, you be in each gear 3-5 seconds TOPS! It can be done, but even with a short shift kit the car seems to be waiting on me to shift again and again and AGAIN!!!

As for how fast thru the gears.. like I said above 3-5 seconds in each gear 2nd thru 4th. 1st gear I'm in for more since I can't go full throttle, if I could.... 1-2 seconds max... 5th gear is REALLY tall feeling in boost, since by the time you shift into 5th your doin like 110mph and wind resistance gets SO BAD your fighting like the car is goin through a brick wall... At this point my clutch starts to slip while I'm already in gear (if I'm at WOT) since the wind resistance overpowers the torque and the torque of the engine is WAY more than the clutch/preassure plate seems to be able to handle...

Sad part is, the only performance clutch made for the Si CAN'T hold a CN Turbo!!! I just found out I have to get a RSX-S clutch and preassure plate to hold under the HP and torque of the CN kit... HOWEVER, to use a RSX-S clutch setup you HAVE to have a RSX-S Flywheel!! So rather than buying a $300 OEM RSX-S Flywheel, I might as well save for a $400 Lightened flywheel, plus the clutch kit... so that's about $1000 including install. Then I need about $800 worth of rubber...

... Properly maintaining a turbo gets REAL expensive...

Now I know why Steve (SSVR6) ran only a mid 14 seconds in his.... :(

We'll see what I do at the track on the 14th....

Eric

I would take a look at that CF hood that Showstoppers has with the scoop in the middle. They say that the air going through the hood will help cool off the trurbo and get more fresh air under the hood.

That is what hood I am going to look at when I get my turbo.

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    Hmmm...

Could you tap into your CAI?
    Mel

CAI is gone for good.....

Eric

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    ahhh..
    Mel

For like 3-5 bucks, you can get some 3-4 inch pcv pipe and make your own intake. Then if you like it, you can find some aluminum or other kind of piping and get it formed by like a mufflershop? Or just paint it. :D

i drive an rx7.
    you obviously spent a few $ on a turbo,... why dont you just strap a ram scoop on there or somethin

Why not get a nitrous cooler? Or that zex nitrous intake kit thing they have?

How about alkey injection?

Seriously Eric, look into the CO2 intercooler spray. It's cheaper than NO2 and way easier to work with. It's basically replacing the gas and the kit is cheaper.

I'm looking to get one for my IC.

Steve
    I accept and embrace the ricer in me...

2016 DGM STi

Brand? Place to find? Name of actual product so I can look into it? I understand what your getting at -- and I like it, but I never heard of it before, just the NO2 kits...

More info please :D

Eric

A simple "CO2 Intercooler Spray" search in google (amazing tool :P) yielded this.

http://designengineering.com/

Steve
    I accept and embrace the ricer in me...

2016 DGM STi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information