Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ragebomb - LA, CA

Heya everyone. Here are updated pictures. I've installed Rota Circuit 8 wheels from wheeldude.com. Bronze color, 16" x 7".
    The bronze finish is amazing. It looks terrific and is more gunmetal in color than I thought it would be. I'm really impressed with Rota. Just not so crazy about the center cap. It's white plastic with a black printed sticker applied to it. Kind of cheap looking. Maybe some day I'll send logo suggestions to Rota, see what they say.

The tires are Kumho 711 ECSTA 205/50/16 from Tire Rack. I want to say thanks to ephatch.com members for all the good advice in choosing the right tire. I'm really happy with the ride and the looks of the tire. The stance is much more aggressive and you can really feel the road more. These tires were dirt cheap from Tire Rack - $51 each. $36 to ship 2-day Fedex (Nevada to Los Angeles), and no tax. The best part of buying tires from them was the way they ship them - they tape two tires together, slap a Fedex sticker on them, and away they go! Kind of a cool package to get at the office, you end up the talk of the day.

One note about wheeldude.com (where I got my rims). They were pretty good, and had above average customer service. One note if you plan to buy from them, make sure you confirm the order in writing before they send it out. I had to correct them twice on the color!

The other addition are a set of "Duralim" black locking lug nuts. These things are aluminum forged and were super light, kind of scary actually. :)

My previous update:
    Only major mod is lowering springs by Tein (thanks to Showstoppers). Added rear camber kit by Ingalls, and I'm holding off on installing front camber kit until I see if my alignment is off up there. From what I've read on the boards, the rear tends to need camber correction more than the front on mild drops like this one.

Added smoked out bumper lights too. The stock ones just look so bad - stick out like sore thumbs. So luckily I have a black car, so the smoked lenses sort of bring that JDM look. If I had a white or silver car, I know I'd also get clear lenses (and leave them clear) just to achieve the same effect. ("poor man's jdm")

Also did the "garage door opener in the dash" button, and the "no-stop sunroof closing" mods, which seem to impress the handful of ep3 owners I run into. :) Thanks to EPHATCH.com members for all the great and simple mod ideas and how-to's.

CURRENT MODS - all show no go!
    16" x 7" Rota Circuit 8 Bronze
    205/50/16 Kumho 711 ECTSA
    TEIN lowering springs
    JDM H emblems front and rear
    Amber DC5 side markers
    Clear bumper lenses, painted smoke color
    Light window tint, 5 windows
    Last edited by ragebomb; 07-26-2009 at 04:14 PM.

damn man.. thats clean as hell.. great start man..

Nice... Lookin good man!

Drop looks great

That is clean, good start :D

ephatch member

Thumbs up

nice ride

nice ride

you also have jdms emblems.... also, are those pictures of ur car dropped? or before the drop. they seem really really high.

Nice car!

I drive a Rice Rocket RacingCivicSi02's Avatar
    Looking good man

Originally posted by civic hatch boi
    you also have jdms emblems.... also, are those pictures of ur car dropped? or before the drop. they seem really really high.
    Yep, those pics are of my car dropped. The springs were not settled at the time I took the picture (just installed less than 24 hours before). Oh, I have the JDM emblems also. :)

Thumbs up

super clean :)

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    Awesome EP! They are so nice in black

17" Konig Reigns

Just an update. I had a set of 17" Konig Reigns in my garage for 3 years. This weekend I finally tried them out on my EP3. They were previously on a 98 Integra GSR. When these rims were on my GSR, the ride was pretty good, even tho the tires are 205/40 ZR17, and the Integra was lowered 1.7" on Progress springs.

Anyway, I now know that I am officially getting old! I had the 17" Konigs on my ep3 for less than 24 hours before I felt a huge headache take over as I was driving. The rougher ride was more than I could handle, and even the road noise (from the bigger contact patch) seemed to hit just the right note to make my head hurt. Man, I feel like an old timer! It looked great, but I'm going to have to go back to stock wheels. The TEIN springs seem a good match for the stockies for now. :) And hey, it's a daily driver. Gotta deal with speed bumps in parking garages... and not all drivers behind me are as patient with me slowing down for dips and stuff.

So I took a few pictures just for fun. I'm going to sell the rims/tires on ebay, in case anyone is interested. (Probbly not after this post!). Here are some pics.

Right on, those wheels look really good... How did you get your front bumper marker lights out? I have the tint spray and clear coat but havent been able to get the markers out... Any suggestions?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information