Close

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by andy
    One of the eBay sellers of these (not built4race, but another guy
    selling what I think is the same thing) said if we could get 10
    people in on a group buy, he could do something like $105 shipped.
    If anyone is interested in doing that, just post and I'll try to
    email him again. fsugatorbait ordered from this guy I'm referring
    to, so I'd like to see how his fits/compares.
    Well, I just paid for mine and had it shipped UPS ground for $98.00 (grand total @ built4race). No need for a group buy. I didn't bother biding or waiting to save 5 bucks. I guess if you shipped it next day air it may be $105 or a little more.:D

BTW: I also included a link of this thread to them after I got confirmation of payment and shipping from them. Hopefully they can make some adjustment to the hanger bracket problem also. Thanks again for the pics bioevolve.
    Last edited by myeverlovinsir; 11-11-2003 at 07:22 PM.

Ooo... nice... what all will this do? Just free up a lil power? Is that its main purpose? Cause it sure does look purdy too... Sound?

Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
    Well, I just paid for mine and had it shipped UPS ground for $98.00 (grand total @ built4race). No need for a group buy. I didn't bother biding or waiting to save 5 bucks. I guess if you shipped it next day air it may be $105 or a little more.:D

BTW: I also included a link of this thread to them after I got confirmation of payment and shipping from them. Hopefully they can make some adjustment to the hanger bracket problem also. Thanks again for the pics bioevolve.
    myeverlovinsir, good to know. I saw a couple of the "straight" pieces
    (not like the one bio got) on eBay for 75 or so, but all the others
    similar to his were 145 buy it now or more than 105. Maybe I can ask
    the guy about lowering his price...I dunno.

I just got a response from built4race about the hanger bracket. They have what they have in stock and simply stated that it's not a big problem, only a simple bend. We enlightened them to it anyways by bioevolve providing pics and they will eventually make the adjustments.;)

seller lives about 20 mins away from me, hmm... :D

Alittle faster now
    Purpose to free up some power. The cat has a honeycomb inside, some with 2 chambers or more. Causing restriction in the exhaust flow, also filters the populated exhaust. My opinion it creates more harmful gaseous chemicals (like acid rain and ozone striping). Honeycomb can/is made of many metals: Raydon(?), precious metals: Platinum, etc......bla bla bla.

Most forum members goals that I've noticed: Looks (ice) and to squeeze out every ounce of power and performance from vehicles as possible, within budgets. This is one of those $100'ish mods that in turn gives the most bang for the buck. Example: N20 is still #1 cost to power ratio bang for the buck, in my opinion, but only temporary.

Originally posted by Suk02Si
    seller lives about 20 mins away from me, hmm... :D
    same here..
    hmmm ur making me think hahah
    :D

Originally posted by ep88
    same here..
    hmmm ur making me think hahah
    :D
    Yeah dude, let's both drive down there and get 'em for 60 bucks :D

Alittle faster now
    Drove it around some more today, getting on it, taking it to redline 1st-2nd-3rd hehehe. Color on test pipe did not change, as I've figured, just chrome plated metal (not stainless). No CEL light yet. For some reason my mid pipe looks lower, might be settling in (sagging). With having an EVO exhaust that already hangs low, just looks lower. Anyways, I'll keep you updated.

Originally posted by bioevolve
    Drove it around some more today, getting on it, taking it to redline 1st-2nd-3rd hehehe. Color on test pipe did not change, as I've figured, just chrome plated metal (not stainless). No CEL light yet. For some reason my mid pipe looks lower, might be settling in (sagging). With having an EVO exhaust that already hangs low, just looks lower. Anyways, I'll keep you updated.
    too bad you didn't have a before and after a/f measurement...I wouldn't mind seeing it that changes at all. I have a before one...well with stock exhaust, intake, and header, and another with i/h/comptech exhaust. Not much changed between those two. Now I have a midpipe with the i/h. I guess I'll get a a/f read out after driving with the down pipe.

By the way, do you feel quilty at all, not having the cat in? I kinda feel like I am going to feel quilty for it I don't know...I just wonder how worse it is on the environment without the cat on a NA 4 banger.

Alittle faster now
    No guilt at all, mankind has always been poluting the environment and always will. No matter how hard you try to stop it, others will be doing it. Government is the #1 poluter, #2 is Corporations....we are at the very bottom, cuz use mainly use the products.

Damn keep us updated. Hey can u take some pics of the EVO exhaust. Is that one a Angled exhaust?

Thanks!
    Chris

Alittle faster now
    Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
    Damn keep us updated. Hey can u take some pics of the EVO exhaust. Is that one a Angled exhaust?

Thanks!
    Chris
    Picz and write up here
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...&highlight=evo

how come on Ebay it says it is a "hi-flow cat" and you say its a test pipe? Is it really a test pipe or is it a hi-flow cat? I'd be much more inclined to buy it if it were a hi-flow cat.

Alittle faster now
    It's just pipe and a straight thru resonator.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information