Close

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by bioevolve
    #1 is A/F (reads Oxygen content)
    #2 is Heated Oxygen (reads Oxygen content)

But the manual reads that both do the same thing lol.
    not sure if this helps...but the number two has to be spliced into to give a/f readings when people install an a/f meter. I thought it was strange and had first thought the first one was the one that needed to be spliced into. I found this out while helping someone figure out which wire to splice into on the ecu for their a/f readout. It ended up being the wire that gets a reading from the 2 sensor. That's why I'm wondering how the a/f mixture is now...if the ecu has adjusted anything because of this mod. I guess I'll find out soon enough when I go get a a/f read out.

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
    not sure if this helps...but the number two has to be spliced into to give a/f readings when people install an a/f meter. I thought it was strange and had first thought the first one was the one that needed to be spliced into. I found this out while helping someone figure out which wire to splice into on the ecu for their a/f readout. It ended up being the wire that gets a reading from the 2 sensor. That's why I'm wondering how the a/f mixture is now...if the ecu has adjusted anything because of this mod. I guess I'll find out soon enough when I go get a a/f read out.
    Yeah, your right about the 2nd sensor and providing A/F readings. Just not sure how the ECU does compensate and if what bioevolve said has some effect on the incomming fuel?? Does anyone know if there is a fuel compensation made in the ECU for readings in the CAT?

Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
    Yeah, your right about the 2nd sensor and providing A/F readings. Just not sure how the ECU does compensate and if what bioevolve said has some effect on the incomming fuel?? Does anyone know if there is a fuel compensation made in the ECU for readings in the CAT?
    yeah, good question, I bet hondata would know. I just don't understand why we can't tape into the ecu wire that gets the 1st sensor a/f readings for a a/f gauge...it seems to me that it would make since to get that reading, since that's the first sensor getting the a/f readout when the 2nd sensor is after the exhaust has gone through the cat...I don't get it

Alittle faster now
    Guess Sensor #2 gives the final decision to the ECU.

11/13/03 = No CEL yet. :D

11/13/03 = No CEL yet. :D
    Good to hear. Thanks:D

2002 EP & 2013 FB - K24 all day! SinisterCivicSi's Avatar
    i emailed someone on ebay thats sellin one of these too, he said its supposed to give 12-17hp more (but no dyno info on that). i would be very curious to see this on a dyno...anyone up for it?

lemme know how you think it is perfomrance wise, i have seriously been thinking of getting one...but i dont if its not worth it. i already have a dc header, aem sri, and skunk2 catback now....

Alittle faster now
    I will be going the clubrsx meet/gathering at Cybernationmotor sports on the November 22 (Saturday) starts @ 10am : Steve and some other EP'ers will be giong also. So I will get a dyno run or 2 while I'm there. $10 per run that day, only for ClubRSX members at that price (so any EP'ers wanna a $10 dyno runs, sign up on clubrsx.com). Hopefully many other Ep'ers will be there.
    Only one prob with my dyno results, I have added many things since my last dyno run. So there will be a big jump in gains (I hope lol).

I will be going the clubrsx meet/gathering at Cybernationmotor sports on the November 22 (Saturday) starts @ 10am : Steve and some other EP'ers will be giong also. So I will get a dyno run or 2 while I'm there. $10 per run that day, only for ClubRSX members at that price (so any EP'ers wanna a $10 dyno runs, sign up on clubrsx.com). Hopefully many other Ep'ers will be there.
    Only one prob with my dyno results, I have added many things since my last dyno run. So there will be a big jump in gains (I hope lol).
    not too mention you have a type s motor :D
    I guess I'll go soon after I get it....still not here.

I dynod at 149 whp with cai/hp header/comptech exhaust in July.

When I go this time, I will have cai/hp header/2.25 midpipe and the down pipe...not exactly a good way to get a comparison, but if there is a really good gain, I guess that will help me know if this setup is good.

:D :* got mine in today. I checked it out, and it is just about 2.3" in diameter for the piping. It looks mandrel bent to me, not like that cheap crush bent mid pipe I have :p

I was wishing I got it sooner today, I'm going to this Dining out thing, got a suit on and shit :D I wanted to jump out of it and start slapping this thing on :p I'll just wait till tomorrow..then hopefully sometime next week I'll get a dyno

gotta love the packing

Such a beaut :D

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
    [B]:D :* got mine in today. I checked it out, and it is just about 2.3" in diameter for the piping. It looks mandrel bent to me, not like that cheap crush bent mid pipe I have :p

I was wishing I got it sooner today, I'm going to this Dining out thing, got a suit on and shit :D I wanted to jump out of it and start slapping this thing on :p I'll just wait till tomorrow..then hopefully sometime next week I'll get a dyno

Excellent, looking forward to mine. Your dyno results are gonna show what reasonable gains can be had in comparison to what I have, except for a few other add-ons I have. Thanks:D

Alittle faster now
    Yeah, my package was beat to hell also. Typical UPS lol.

No CEL 11/14/03

But I did run over an item in the road that was unavoidable and put a nice dent in my EVO midpipe :'(

No CEL 11/14/03

But I did run over an item in the road that was unavoidable and put a nice dent in my EVO midpipe :'(
    Road KILL ?

:'(

Alittle faster now
    Peice of concrete laying in the middle of the raod, no shoulder to the right and traffic coming on the left going 55+mph. I just cringed and closed my eyes. The car ahead of me had no prob going over it, by the time I saw it was to late.:( :'( :yellm:

No CEL 11/14/03

LOL, yeah, the first thing the ups guy said was "they packaged it wrong" not a "hello sir, you have a package"

Hey whats up i got my the same day as you on the 11th put it on that day, a few problem though first, i tried to do it myself not a good idea, a lift is needed so went to a shop, the guy got the stock off fine but the when he took off one of my o2 sens. it spun off and crack the outside casing but he riged it back so it ok now then when he placed it all on the flange on the hp header it didnt hook up perfectly so he striped it then he re taped it then it wouldnt grab then finally it was on. ran great for a little while pulls big in 5-7000rpm then the CEL went on i dont think it does anything but piss me off. Oh yeah my package looked the same also crapy taiwan cardboard
    so how bad is it the the CEL is on performance? or worse

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information