Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

JRSC race version and Hondata release

I just spoke with Doug from Hondata about obtaining the flash for the Race version of the JRSC. Currently the Base JRSC can be had from Nopi for $2912.00 (everything included). The race version and boost levels are still not finalized with hondata/JR. I was told it will be out in the next 3 weeks. The race flash from hondata will include larger injectors, and a MAP sensor relocator. ($795.00 for existing customers) The Race JRSC is gonna run you $900.00 more than the base version. ($3812)

Not sure how this compares to turbo, but I don't want to live under a hood either. My best guess at power levels are in the 240 hp range, which is not far off from the CN turbo.
    One conflicting issue was both Hondata and JR say they are supplying the larger injectors for the Race version????

I also brought up the chance that I may throw a type-S head on it as well. JRSC and Hondata both think that it would be a unique setup and may require additional tuning. Doug suggested that you could run the type-S head with the JRSC and use the type-S/JRSC flash. Only downfall would be the compression would be a little lower. Will tackle that one another day.:D
    Last edited by myeverlovinsir; 11-13-2003 at 01:03 PM.

Re: JRSC race version and Hondata release

Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
    I just spoke with Doug from Hondata about obtaining the flash for the Race version of the JRSC. Currently the Base JRSC can be had from Nopi for $2912.00 (everything included). The race version and boost levels are still not finalized with hondata/JR. I was told it will be out in the next 3 weeks. The race flash from hondata will include larger injectors, and a MAP sensor relocator. ($600.00 for existing customers) The Race JRSC is gonna run you $900.00 more than the base version. ($3812)

So all told before installation, which I plan to do myself, it will run about $4412. Not sure how this compares to turbo, but I don't want to live under a hood either. My best guess at power levels are in the 240 hp range, which is not far off from the CN turbo.
    One conflicting issue was both Hondata and JR say they are supplying the larger injectors for the Race version????

I also brought up the chance that I may throw a type-S head on it as well. JRSC and Hondata both think that it would be a unique setup and may require additional tuning. Doug suggested that you could run the type-S head with the JRSC and use the type-S/JRSC flash. Only downfall would be the compression would be a little lower. Will tackle that one another day.:D
    whoa, something doesn't make since to me....the race setup from jrsc will run me 900 and you just said that includes a hondata reflashed ecu, relocated map sensor to the im, and bigger injectors...but for you...you have to pay the same amount, but then fork out 600 more for another flash...just because you have a flash already?

44xx is way too much imo. I know it will be easier to install and all, but you'll still need to eventually upgrade the clutch/pressure plate...that's more $$$$.

But then again, I guess the price isn't too bad, since a decent mechanic like yourself can install it...yourself. so that saves money right there for the clutch/pressure plate...not to mention that you don't need time on the dyno when hondata gets the flash out...so shit, yeah, that is a good deal....but what about that pricing you mentioned...seems off

basically, I was saying that is should only cost 3512 for you....
    2912 for the base, but then add 600 since you are an existing customer...while the non customers pay 300 more than you (900 over the base jrsc for a total of 3812)

I wish, I don't have the gratitude from JR as I do from Hondata at this point. I will have to pay $4412 all told to get the Race version in my ride. The only savings is that in Hondata eyes I am an existing customer and save about $195.00 because I am an existing customer. Your right there is not much of a saving here if I was bone stock and I don't expect Hondata to make up any difference. The problem is that I am first out of the gate with JRSC and they don't know me from Adam. Shame but everyone must pay one way or another.

ok something isn't adding up...if you buy base jrsc...and have hondata already you should be able to get the upgrade for 600making it 3512, and if you don't have hondata already then it should be 3812....what the heck am i missing....you got to pay 1500 for the race upgrade??????? that would be insane!!! imho

240 whp? is this with I/H/E? i thought on Little Oscar's post several weeks ago they were looking at 210-ish whp for the race version? i'm guessing the were able to tweak some things to squeeze out more ponies. after reading some threads on Club RSX, JRSC owners were saying larger diameter exhausts were really helping out, especially when paired with the Race Header.

Originally posted by Tenacious G
    240 whp? is this with I/H/E? i thought on Little Oscar's post several weeks ago they were looking at 210-ish whp for the race version? i'm guessing the were able to tweak some things to squeeze out more ponies. after reading some threads on Club RSX, JRSC owners were saying larger diameter exhausts were really helping out, especially when paired with the Race Header.
    yeah, I wouldn't expect more than 210 to 220 with only 5lbs of boost on a jrsc...240 is wishfull thinking with only i/h/e.

Originally posted by 1abSi
    ok something isn't adding up...if you buy base jrsc...and have hondata already you should be able to get the upgrade for 600making it 3512, and if you don't have hondata already then it should be 3812....what the heck am i missing....you got to pay 1500 for the race upgrade??????? that would be insane!!! imho
    I ditto that! I still don't get where he is adding up the extra 600 for...it's like because he has a NA modified ecu, hondata has to work harder to remodify it to the boosted application??? that still wouldn't make since, it takes like 15 minutes for them to attach the ecu to the computer and load the new profile...I say lie about having the hondata NA flash and just pay 3812...why the hell pay 4412...that doesn't make since.

This is what I understand from what I read on myeverlovinsir's first post:

Situation 1: Have an ep with no hondata flash and want the race version and pay 3812

Situation 2: Have an ep with no hondata flash and want the street version and pay 2912

Situation 3: Have an ep with hondata flash, but want the race version and pay 3512 since it's only 600 more than the street version and you are a hondata customer.

Situation 4: Have an ep with hondata flash, but want the street version and pay 2962. 50 bucks more to have it reflashed to stock

So myeverlovinsir...where are you getting the extra 600 added to your total of 3812 for the race version? you already have hondata, so they should hook you up for 600 above the street kit which would total 3512.

shit, I'm just going to call or email hondata and have them striaghten this twilight zone theme up...jkindle was saying the same thing...but it doesn't have any logic to it to pay freaking 44xx bucks

I don't see why your confused????

BASE JRSC from NOPI: 2912.00
    RACE JRSC from NOPI: 3812.00 (900 more)

Hondata for base JRSC: 0.00
    Hondata for RACE JRSC: 600.00 (because I am an existing customer) $795.00 for non existing customers

Grand total for me: $4412.00;)

Another thing is the boost levels and Hondata tuning is not completed, Hondata has not even tested a car with the race version. So don't go by any quotes or numbers about what output will occur. 240hp is doable.
    Last edited by myeverlovinsir; 11-13-2003 at 11:34 AM.

doooooooooooooooooood i am stil confused as hell..."The race flash from hondata will include larger injectors, and a MAP sensor relocator"...so that is what the extra 900 is for to add onto the base correct? why would the race not come with that stuff...i thought that is what the race was...just the flash with injectors and the relocator...maybe i am retarded but i am lost as hell
    EDIT: i see how you are saying the price of the race version plus the 600 to flash....but i thought the whole point in the race version was the flash...i mean what the hell is the difference in the race and street withough the flash and new injectors??????
    Last edited by 1abSi; 11-13-2003 at 12:07 PM.

Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
    I don't see why your confused????

BASE JRSC from NOPI: 2912.00
    RACE JRSC from NOPI: 3812.00 (900 more)

Hondata for base JRSC: 0.00
    Hondata for RACE JRSC: 600.00 (because I am an existing customer) $795.00 for non existing customers

Grand total for me: $4412.00;)

Another thing is the boost levels and Hondata tuning is not completed, Hondata has not even tested a car with the race version. So don't go by any quotes or numbers about what output will occur. 240hp is doable.
    okay, yeah, I'm even more confused now...holy shit, this driving me crazy :*
    When I see: BASE JRSC from NOPI: 2912.00
    I think just a compelete JRSC from JR that's it, no ecu upgrade, no injectors...etc.

When I see RACE JRSC from NOPI: 3812.00 (900 more)
    I think a JRSC that comes with a flashed ecu from hondata (as long as I send in my ecu), injectors and map relocator

Then when I see Hondata for base JRSC: 0.00
    I get extremely confused...is this the base kit with a flashed ecu only (nothing else, no injectors, etc) for free!?

Then when I see Hondata for RACE JRSC: 600.00 (because I am an existing customer) $795.00 for non existing customers
    That confuses the shit out of me....the race kit already has the hondata upgrade.....why they hell is there a 600 added or for non members 795? you just mentioned that it was 900 extra for the race kit...which would include hondata flash, injectors and map relocator.

I understand the 600 to be for you since you are a hondata cutomer...instead of the 900 for us for the race kit....that makes since.

So are you saing that the RACE JRSC from NOPI: 3812.00 comes with nothing extra? and that's why you are paying 600 for the upgrade to injectors, ecu, and map relocator???? if so, why the hell bother with the race kit if it doesn't come with anything....

on JRSC they say that the base kit comes with nothing, but the usuall...where as the race kit comes with the ecu, injectors,and map relocator, and stays at the stock boost of 5lbs:
    http://www.jacksonracing.com/pages/partsnew.html

So if that is true, the race kit is 3812 and no reason to add 600

So do you see why I'm confused?

And hondata has tested it, hondata himself posted about it, I'll find it later, but here is the dyno:
    Race kit:

Street kit

EDIT: shit! I think I see what's going on with those dynos....the 206 is with the JR header put on! damn that's good! JRSC needs to update their site, their info is off, and that may tell me why I'm confused with what you are saying...here's is their dyno for the race header on the JRSC with intake and exhaust:

They have 3 dynos...one race jrsc, one street and one race header dyno....the race header and race jrsc are the same thing. I don't know why they are doing that. So I can see that bigger gains can be had once the hondata upgrade is made on top of that 206whp. myeverlovinsir...I think we have been getting some screwed up info and that is why we are confused.

street kit includes the usual stock blower stuff for 2912
    race kit from jrsc includes???? what? a race header and something else for 900 extra? The hondata upgrade for the race JRSC is 600 for you (795 for us) and includes the injectors ecu and map relocator...am I on the right track now...sorry for the confusion.

jeezus you guys are killing me here, someone make a database or something.

Originally posted by sniperSI
    jeezus you guys are killing me here, someone make a database or something.
    LOL,no kidding, I think I know what myeverlovinsir is saying now...some of other people were mis lead into thinking the race kit from jrsc was including the ecu upgrade, injectors, and map relocator. I guess it wasn't...the race kit must be the header and some fuel management/map controller of theirs.

okay myeverlovinsir...don't hate me okay :D....just trying to figure this confusion out

JR junior says that the race kit comes with an ecu upgrade, then hondata replies saying that people with the current hondata flash will need to upgrade to the race version or go back to stock version....that to me implies they are working have been with the JRSC and the race version comes with an upgrade for the ecu
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...hlight=hondata

but even this jr guy didn't know half the shit that was going on with the JRSC, as he was in college most of the time.

Well thanks for breaking it down for me. I wonder if Doug is also confused. I suspect your right about the race version including the flash, injectors and Map relocator. He quoted me $795 first for the race upgrade then said because I was an existing customer it would be $600, NOPI is charging 900, but as you said that will include their race header and piggy or whatever they have done to date (without Hondata)

I am gonna call back NOPI and Doug tonight to clarify things more.
    It makes sense now, that I would get the base charger for $2912, do the install, then upgrade to the Race version when it's released through Doug. I hope this is the case. Just wondering if the race setup also will include a larger pulley for more boost. According to Hondata they may up the boost when they test and tune, hence the larger power. If I choose to go with the JR Race version (Headers etc.) than mabey there is more to be gained once hondata tops it off. Still have a few questions here that need to be answered. Thanks for your help.

I know JR has dynos of what they say is a race version, but I spoke to Doug about that, he has not set eyes on a Race setup yet, so I guess in the next few weeks we will know what the final numbers are.
    Last edited by myeverlovinsir; 11-13-2003 at 01:05 PM.

Arrrrggggh.

You guys are jumping the gun on everything. The tuning for the race version has not been done. A little bit of prototyping has been done.

Lets look at what the RSX customers pay.

If you are an existing RSX-S customer of ours we will have your ECU's serial number in record.

In this case the reflash upgrade to the JRSC race version will be $795 and includes bigger injectors and a map sensor relocator. This is available from any Hondata dealer.

If you are not an existing Hondata customer, we will not have your serial number on record. Then the price will be about $1100 give or take what the various dealers charge it out for
    Last edited by Hondata; 11-13-2003 at 12:58 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information