Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    yeah i knew i wasn't goin looney....yeah so it would be the base plus the extra for the race...and not the 4400 unless they make us pay the same as the rsx guys cause i think 4k is a lil steep for this charger....i mean that was the price of the vortech for the bseries and it was justifyable cause it was a different charger and made more power...and as far as upping the boost...i haven't seen anything like that for the rsx yet...but regardless i think i will stick with the street version when the money is finally saved up....wait awhile for the race....

Originally posted by Hondata
    Arrrrggggh.

You guys are jumping the gun on everything. The tuning for the race version has not been done. A little bit of prototyping has been done.

Lets look at what the RSX customers pay.

If you are an existing RSX-S customer of ours we will have your ECU's serial number in record.

In this case the reflash upgrade to the JRSC race version will be $795 and includes bigger injectors and a map sensor relocator. This is available from any Hondata dealer.

If you are not an existing Hondata customer, we will not have your serial number on record. Then the price will be about $1100 give or take what the various dealers charge it out for
    ahhhhhhh, thanks :D this was driving me nuts! so basically it is going to be close to 4100 or so for the JRSC and when we upgrade with you guys...2912 (give or take) for the JRSC and 1100 or so for the upgrade..which we will go through hondata for, not JR.
    Thanks for the response.

Originally posted by 1abSi
    yeah i knew i wasn't goin looney....yeah so it would be the base plus the extra for the race...and not the 4400 unless they make us pay the same as the rsx guys cause i think 4k is a lil steep for this charger....i mean that was the price of the vortech for the bseries and it was justifyable cause it was a different charger and made more power...and as far as upping the boost...i haven't seen anything like that for the rsx yet...but regardless i think i will stick with the street version when the money is finally saved up....wait awhile for the race....
    yeah, seems steep, but 2912 for the JRSC isn't bad. The injectors are probably going to be RC eng injectors (????hondata????) or something like that...which are about 90 a piece..then we would need the clips to convert (I assume), which would be an extra 20 bucks are so for the set of clips. So that's like 360(injectors)+20(injector clips)+ like 720 I guess for the hondata and would equal to the 1100 price that hondata mentioned...really that isn't bad. Seeing how the ecu will be upgraded specifically for our car with the JRSC...that means no time on the dyno since it's tuned already...more of a standalone, no apexi afc or any crap like that. Much safer, imo. I think I'm going JRSC if this is the case.

Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
    Well thanks for breaking it down for me. I wonder if Doug is also confused. I suspect your right about the race version including the flash, injectors and Map relocator. He quoted me $795 first for the race upgrade then said because I was an existing customer it would be $600, NOPI is charging 900, but as you said that will include their race header and piggy or whatever they have done to date (without Hondata)

I am gonna call back NOPI and Doug tonight to clarify things more.
    It makes sense now, that I would get the base charger for $2912, do the install, then upgrade to the Race version when it's released through Doug. I hope this is the case. Just wondering if the race setup also will include a larger pulley for more boost. According to Hondata they may up the boost when they test and tune, hence the larger power. If I choose to go with the JR Race version (Headers etc.) than mabey there is more to be gained once hondata tops it off. Still have a few questions here that need to be answered. Thanks for your help.

I know JR has dynos of what they say is a race version, but I spoke to Doug about that, he has not set eyes on a Race setup yet, so I guess in the next few weeks we will know what the final numbers are.
    so with what hondata said, you should be able to get up to about 230whp with the JRSC at least with the hondata and race setup that jrsc used...hopefully.
    JR still hasn't worked on a boost upgrade for the JRSC. If I were you though, I'd not go over 7 or 8 with the JRSC...anymore and it's too much on the blower and more heat is generated...just my .02
    I had a JRSC before on my EX, damn thing got hot with 10lbs of boost :D

Edit: oh and there are two ways to upgrade the boost on the jrsc...the crank pulley or nose pully. I believe JR will advise using an upgraded crank pulley, they usually do...then other companies will probably make some nose pulleys to up the boost.

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
    so with what hondata said, you should be able to get up to about 230whp with the JRSC at least with the hondata and race setup that jrsc used...hopefully.
    JR still hasn't worked on a boost upgrade for the JRSC. If I were you though, I'd not go over 7 or 8 with the JRSC...anymore and it's too much on the blower and more heat is generated...just my .02
    I had a JRSC before on my EX, damn thing got hot with 10lbs of boost :D

Edit: oh and there are two ways to upgrade the boost on the jrsc...the crank pulley or nose pully. I believe JR will advise using an upgraded crank pulley, they usually do...then other companies will probably make some nose pulleys to up the boost.
    I think the first thing is to get the base version. Should be a straight forward install, about 6-8 hrs from what JR said. Because I have Hondata now, I think I would have to go back to stock ECU for the street version of JR to run properly. In that case I have really no choice but to wait for the upgrade to Hondata race ECU and do it all together.

I think the first thing is to get the base version. Should be a straight forward install, about 6-8 hrs from what JR said. Because I have Hondata now, I think I would have to go back to stock ECU for the street version of JR to run properly. In that case I have really no choice but to wait for the upgrade to Hondata race ECU and do it all together.
    yeah, good idea...on a side note...this ass hole Matt from Hondata can kiss my ass! He sends me back this smart ass email when I asked him to help us out on the info:
    "Unless you get information straight from the proper source you cannot expect it to be valid"

I'm thinking...gee, thanks that's going to help sells through hondata.

yeah, good idea...on a side note...this ass hole Matt from Hondata can kiss my ass! He sends me back this smart ass email when I asked him to help us out on the info:
    "Unless you get information straight from the proper source you cannot expect it to be valid"

I'm thinking...gee, thanks that's going to help sells through hondata.
    I have spoken with Matt as well, I tend not to get the best answers from him. Doug is the smartest cookie in the jar by far, however he is also the glue in that shop so if you can bend his ear for a few minutes its gold.

I wanted to find out more about what JR is offering and they seem to be flaky as well. It's been a long wait thus far and I am looking forward to being one of the first to run this setup. One thing about JR is that they don't like to deal directly either and it's hard to get a good feel for things unless you are already a customer. Then again I've heard some horror stories from the support they provide. I'm hopping to not have any glaring glitches with their product. It seems that NOPI has the lowest price currently for the street version, so I'll probably go through them. The contact I delt with in NOPI is David. He can be reached @ 1-800-689-9307 x265 :)

I have spoken with Matt as well, I tend not to get the best answers from him. Doug is the smartest cookie in the jar by far, however he is also the glue in that shop so if you can bend his ear for a few minutes its gold.

I wanted to find out more about what JR is offering and they seem to be flaky as well. It's been a long wait thus far and I am looking forward to being one of the first to run this setup. One thing about JR is that they don't like to deal directly either and it's hard to get a good feel for things unless you are already a customer. Then again I've heard some horror stories from the support they provide. I'm hopping to not have any glaring glitches with their product. It seems that NOPI has the lowest price currently for the street version, so I'll probably go through them. The contact I delt with in NOPI is David. He can be reached @ 1-800-689-9307 x265 :)
    yeah, I saw the price on nopionline.com that is pretty good. Overall, I'm still struggling with what I want...turbo or sc

I was doing some research and saw on this posted page: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...5&pagenumber=3 they say that using the k24 crank pulley can up the boost..hmmm, interesting :D

yeah, I saw the price on nopionline.com that is pretty good. Overall, I'm still struggling with what I want...turbo or sc
    My decision is based on reliability, instant power, little or no tweaking, cost compared to turbo, ease of install, engine longevity and peace of mind. I think that the clutch upgrade is a neccessity for either. I have spent enough to date to have a quick N/A ride, I just want to add to it, put a finishing touch. I think the bored TB mod, high flow cat, header, CAI, Hondata heatshield gasket and flash all contribute nicely to adding the SC. For me to go turbo now would be going in reverse. The only other thing that I may do is throw on the type-S head with an intercooler in the future. Just my opinion.:D

I was doing some research and saw on this posted page: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...5&pagenumber=3 they say that using the k24 crank pulley can up the boost..hmmm, interesting :D
    Yeah, so they are getting to 8psi with the k24 pulley. Nice.;)
    For us though It would probably be 6-7 and still need tuning to be stable. They were only speculating about using the programmable Hondata. Like he said we will have to wait and see.
    Last edited by myeverlovinsir; 11-13-2003 at 05:18 PM.

Yeah, so they are getting to 8psi with the k24 pulley. Nice.;)
    For us though It would probably be 6-7 and still need tuning to be stable. They were only speculating about using the programmable Hondata. Like he said we will have to wait and see.
    yeah, I wonder how much different out pulley is from the type s then...hmmmmm.

But as for your other reply..you make me want the jrsc with that kind of logic...I mean, shit, I could keep the mods I have now. I sometimes heard though, that a cai isn't as good as a sri with the jrsc...because the jrsc reacts better to the sri since there is less restriction...hhmmmmm

yeah, I wonder how much different out pulley is from the type s then...hmmmmm.

But as for your other reply..you make me want the jrsc with that kind of logic...I mean, shit, I could keep the mods I have now. I sometimes heard though, that a cai isn't as good as a sri with the jrsc...because the jrsc reacts better to the sri since there is less restriction...hhmmmmm
    Ha, you just reminded me, many months ago I went with the K&N CAI filter which has the high flow end on it. If there was a restriction with the CAI and JRSC, I think I have helped elieviate any.

Edit: I went to try and retrieve the pic but that thread is corrupt, I got some surfer doing wakes instead (shit, looks like it may be PaXiE). Damn database. Anyways the K&N CAI replacement filter is p/n RR-3001
    Last edited by myeverlovinsir; 11-13-2003 at 08:39 PM.

Ha, you just reminded me, many months ago I went with the K&N CAI filter which has the high flow end on it. If there was a restriction with the CAI and JRSC, I think I have helped elieviate any.

Edit: I went to try and retrieve the pic but that thread is corrupt, I got some surfer doing wakes instead. Damn database. Anyways the K&N CAI replacement filter is p/n RR-3001
    so it helps enough to actually feel that the kn type works better?
    I have the same kind as you did with the aem on my injen... I'll have to see if nopi or optauto has a good price on that filter.
    Thanks

damn...55 bucks :( http://www.optauto.com/webstore/prod...=yes&dept=3766
    Maybe I'll wait a little bit for that :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information