Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Yep thats the one, on the dyno I swapped out the AEM for K&N and found minimal gains. The true test will be when it's put to the limit and SC starts pumping. My guess is that its filter surface area, because it's greater, will react more favorably than the AEM. Will keep you posted on that. :D

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
    a cai isn't as good as a sri with the jrsc...because the jrsc reacts better to the sri since there is less restriction...hhmmmmm
    No. Quite the opposite. A SRI increases the intake temps and lower the boost by about 1/2 a pound.

On one turbo RSX I tested, a CAI picked up 35 hp over a SRI. Typically on a supercharged K20A2 series engine a CAI is worth 5-10 hp.

The race upgrade includes a map sensor relocator which is worth about $65.

Originally posted by Hondata
    No. Quite the opposite. A SRI increases the intake temps and lower the boost by about 1/2 a pound.

On one turbo RSX I tested, a CAI picked up 35 hp over a SRI. Typically on a supercharged K20A2 series engine a CAI is worth 5-10 hp.

The race upgrade includes a map sensor relocator which is worth about $65.
    sweet, thanks :D another reason not to trust someones butt dyno :D

This is starting to sound like the best direction for myself, as well as a lot of us, however, I remember that 02silversiHB blew his EX motor with the JRSC becuase it wasnt tuned properly...if we were to get the street version first and wait for the race to come out, is the street version going to require any tuning to get it to run properly with our stock ECU or would an AFC be needed to tune our fuel accordingly?

Originally posted by fsugatorbait
    This is starting to sound like the best direction for myself, as well as a lot of us, however, I remember that 02silversiHB blew his EX motor with the JRSC becuase it wasnt tuned properly...if we were to get the street version first and wait for the race to come out, is the street version going to require any tuning to get it to run properly with our stock ECU or would an AFC be needed to tune our fuel accordingly?
    just so you know the "race kit" that JRSC talks about is not with the hondata. you can still get the base kit, and then used hondatas upgrade ecu, injectors and map relocater.

and how did you know about my blown EX :D bad experience, but due to bad install, and non tuning.

From what I've read, JR has a better version of it's "fixes" with the street kit, so even if you get the street kit and that's it, I'm sure it will run okay, but the amount of money you'll end up spending to make it run good, you may as well buy hondata's system..it'll probably run cheaper, and you won't have to worry about dyno time, except to see what you are putting to the wheels

just so you know the "race kit" that JRSC talks about is not with the hondata. you can still get the base kit, and then used hondatas upgrade ecu, injectors and map relocater.

and how did you know about my blown EX :D bad experience, but due to bad install, and non tuning.

From what I've read, JR has a better version of it's "fixes" with the street kit, so even if you get the street kit and that's it, I'm sure it will run okay, but the amount of money you'll end up spending to make it run good, you may as well buy hondata's system..it'll probably run cheaper, and you won't have to worry about dyno time, except to see what you are putting to the wheels
    I thought the race version included the injectors, map relocator and the hondata flash, thats why they were charging apprx. $1100 more for it??? What does the race kit include from JR.
    I read about your car in the boost section a while ago, I was leaning towards the SC at the time so it kinda stuck out. Now im back looking at the SC after going back and forth between turbo/swap/JRSC. Theres just too many options to spend our hard earned money on. :D

I thought the race version included the injectors, map relocator and the hondata flash, thats why they were charging apprx. $1100 more for it??? What does the race kit include from JR.
    I read about your car in the boost section a while ago, I was leaning towards the SC at the time so it kinda stuck out. Now im back looking at the SC after going back and forth between turbo/swap/JRSC. Theres just too many options to spend our hard earned money on. :D
    there was a ton of confusion and hondata cleared it up on the bottom of the first page I believe...or was it the second page.

Anyway, the race kit from jrsc had a dc intake, exhaust, and jr race header and put down 205whp...not sure what else it had, but that's all they list, so I'm sure that's it. We were all under the assumption that the race kit was with the hondata ecu, inject., map relocater, etc.

So hondata is still working on finishing the kit for the street kit and I guess it will also work for the race kit...since all the race kit is, is a race header, hence why it wasn't street legal.

also, the price for the rsx's is 795 for the upgraded ecu, injectors, and map relocater...much better price:
    http://www.hondata.com/k20a2_jrsc_release.html
    Edit...I keep leaving out that the price is for those that already had a hondata flash, so I assume it'll still be about 1100 bucks like hondata said before...and this will be from hondata, not jr.

gotcha, that makes sense now. Any idea how long hondata will take to release their flash for the JRSC? With your experience in tuning their superchargers, how much tuning/dyno time would be needed for the JRSC without hondata?

gotcha, that makes sense now. Any idea how long hondata will take to release their flash for the JRSC? With your experience in tuning their superchargers, how much tuning/dyno time would be needed for the JRSC without hondata?
    about three hours I guess without...all depends on what's going on with the car and who's doing it. Also you'll have to get other things to tune it, possibly a afc from apexi, maybe never know. You may also need bigger injectors. It all depends. It could end up the street kit for the new si will work just fine.

As for hondata's upgrade, I think they are still working on it and may take about a month or so.

Re: JRSC race version and Hondata release

Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
    I just spoke with Doug from Hondata about obtaining the flash for the Race version of the JRSC. Currently the Base JRSC can be had from Nopi for $2912.00 (everything included). The race version and boost levels are still not finalized with hondata/JR. I was told it will be out in the next 3 weeks. The race flash from hondata will include larger injectors, and a MAP sensor relocator. ($795.00 for existing customers) The Race JRSC is gonna run you $900.00 more than the base version. ($3812)
    4 months later..still no reflash for the jrsc ep and the prices have gone down a good 400 :D

Re: Re: JRSC race version and Hondata release

4 months later..still no reflash for the jrsc ep and the prices have gone down a good 400 :D
    Not for the EP anyways. I'm glad you brought this up. It reminded me about the MAP sensor relocation. I will need to inquire about that again, and see if it's entirely required for the EP race version(my version anyway) ;)

Re: Re: Re: JRSC race version and Hondata release

Not for the EP anyways. I'm glad you brought this up. It reminded me about the MAP sensor relocation. I will need to inquire about that again, and see if it's entirely required for the EP race version(my version anyway) ;)
    if you're using that kpro...the a2 versin one...I believe it's necessary, as that version will read the boost from the map sensor and give the ecu the necessary changes under boost..at least that is the way it's been done from my understanding.

Re: Re: Re: Re: JRSC race version and Hondata release

if you're using that kpro...the a2 versin one...I believe it's necessary, as that version will read the boost from the map sensor and give the ecu the necessary changes under boost..at least that is the way it's been done from my understanding.
    They all use the MAP to determine boost. The upgrade from hondata is just a bracket to relocate the MAP sensor and am not sure if I need to buy it from them yet. Hondata recommends that you buy the street version, and then buy their upgrade kit -> (JRSC reflash, RC 440cc injectors, and MAP relocator, $795)

I'm thinking I should save $$ not getting the JR powercard and not needing the JRSC hondata reflash.

Here is a link to the pulley upgrade (from 4" down to 3.4")

LINK
    Last edited by myeverlovinsir; 03-17-2004 at 07:53 AM.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JRSC race version and Hondata release

They all use the MAP to determine boost. The upgrade from hondata is just a bracket to relocate the MAP sensor and am not sure if I need to buy it from them yet. Hondata recommends that you buy the street version, and then buy their upgrade kit -> (JRSC reflash, RC 440cc injectors, and MAP relocator, $795)

I'm thinking I should save $$ not getting the JR powercard and not needing the JRSC hondata reflash.

Here is a link to the pulley upgrade (from 4" down to 3.4")

LINK
    yeah, I know all of that, it's just you said you didn't know if you need the map relocater if you went with the k20 pro that you'll be using...it has to be relocted which is attached the the jrsc which is where the boost is happening at...if you leave it at the tb, hondatas flash will not receive boost signals...there fore not opening your injectors for proper fuel. I actually may not even get the hondata flash for my setup...unless the driveability of the car seems a tad slugish...reason I say this is, unlike most of the installs from jrsc...this power card reads boost and signals the injectors to open up more. It reads boost from an adapter from the IM...before, on my last car, it was just a relay on the iat that was supposed to fool the ecu into think cooler air was coming in..not very good imo.
    when you buy the jrsc, it comes with it, so trying not to pay for the powercard would be interesting.

But on the other hand...I cant' really tell from reading that site you gave, but it almost seems that if you get the race kit directly first, you'll get hooked up with a discount since you're not going to use the power card.
    It's almost tempting to get the pulley for mine..but I don't want to take the chance. Hondata emailed me back and said the reflash for us a3 guys will be a little down the road still.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information