Close

redline every shift!!!!!!

service annocement for the the tranny ?

i tried to search and got nothing. does anyone have a service annocement for the notchy tranny or something to to with it? im taking mine in and, when i tried to explain to the service manager they should of had recieved them . the sales manager start like "oh no i dont know what you're talking about". "we never got anything saying that." so when i go there to take him for a ride and, he tries it. i want to be like now try to tell me u never got this and throw it in his face. catch his ass lying. i know i saw one floating around on awhile back. i just can't find them. anyone have one they can scan in and i can copy . that would be great. thanks and wish me luck .

gab

By "service annocement" if you mean a TSB, then no there is currently no TSB a notchy shifter.

These are the current released bulletins:
    TSB Number Issue Date TSB Title 02-070 MAY 03 Suspension - Squeak From Rear Suspension
    01-053 APR 03 Antitheft System - Type 3 System Operation/Programming
    02-061 APR 03 Body - Trunk Lid is Difficult to Close
    02-034 APR 03 Restraint System - SRS Indicator ON/Multiple DTC's Set
    98-011 APR 03 Keyless Entry - Transmitter ID/Programming
    03-020 MAR 03 Engine Controls/Emissions - OBD II DTC's & Monitors
    02-041 DEC 02 Engine Controls - MIL ON/DTC P0341 Set
    02-045 OCT 02 Body/Suspension - Creaking/Ticking Noises
    02-054 OCT 02 Restraint System - 'SIDE AIRBAG OFF' Indicator ON
    02-052 AUG 02 Restraint System - Occupant Detection Initialization
    02-039 JUL 02 M/T - Shift Lever Difficult to Move/Hard Shifting
    02-034 JUN 02 Restraint System - SRS Indicator ON/DTC's Set
    02-026 MAY 02 Emissions - MIL ON With DTC P1457 (EVAP) Set
    02-024 APR 02 Interior/Lighting - High Mount Brake Light Rattles
    00-095 MAR 02 Body - Moonroof Seal Squeaks
    02-008 MAR 02 Body - Trunk Release Handle Inoperative
    02-009 FEB 02 Interior - Rear Seat Back Lock Hard to Turn
    02-002 JAN 02 M/T - Clutch Pedal Squeak Upon Application

The type-s transmission does have a TSB out though.

TSB#02-039 might be close though.

Don't talk to the sales manager, they barely know the features of the cars they sell and typically have very little if any input on the service side of the dealership.

Here is the site that lists TSB's
    Last edited by Surprise; 11-12-2003 at 06:14 PM.

hey thanks . yes thats what i meant tsb. yes 02/39 will work. i meant service manager not sales manager sorry. anyway do u know where i can get a copy of that . ill pay a couple bucks if i have to .

gabe

sorry, but i doubt a Honda technician will accept a RSX-S transmission TSB for the EP considering they're totally seperate entities. i've taken my EP in for a notchy 1-2 shift (which actually only happens when the car is cold, otherwise the shifting is as smooth as it was when i bought the car). the service advisor said the tech couldn't detect or recreate the problem. not surprising. unless the problem is painfully obvious or your transmission is lying on the parking lot in pieces, don't expect the service guys to go out of their way to do warranty work. it's just a fact of life.

TSB#02-039 is for the Ep3, I used to have the full RSX TSB but just recently deleted it:(

Might also want to register for this site.

My car is at the dealership right now being looked at for this problem. They are keeping the car overnight and driving it in the morning. If they tell me they can't reproduce the problem I'm gonna lose it on them, because it is a cold wet night, and that means tommorrow morning my car will be lucky to even have a second gear.

I tried explaining the technical service bulletin angel, and the guy responded with a blank face as if he'd never heard the term. I'm sure I'm gonna recieve the "couldn't reproduce" line tommorrow at 10:00.

I would also love a copy of this report, I know I came accross one a long time ago for the RSX.

Is there any advice on how to speak with this guy tommorrow? The best I have so far begins something like "liar, liar" and then goes on to comment on how his pants are on fire or something like that.

Later
    G

hey tenaciousg. that what u think. for the money i pay for this car its gonna drive right. guys like u that settle for things will get nothing from honda . i on the other hand will cause, im not gonna go away. ill be in there face until something gets done . so thanks for your opinion anyway.

Originally posted by gabesilver02si
    hey tenaciousg. that what u think. for the money i pay for this car its gonna drive right. guys like u that settle for things will get nothing from honda . i on the other hand will cause, im not gonna go away. ill be in there face until something gets done . so thanks for your opinion anyway.
    you think i haven't taken my nine-month old car in three times for problems anywhere from a dash rattle to off-center steering to this same notchy shifting problem? these are minor problems that cause my service advisor to roll his eyes when i explain them to him. i am by no means "settling" for anything. i'm just saying, along with many others on here, that unless it's a major problem, dealerships will do anything, make up any "excuse" not to do warranty work. i realize i'm making a generalized statement, and i'm sure there are good service depts. at some dealers that will do anything they can to accomodate you. i'm just saying be prepared to be frustrated and take you car back many times. my dash still rattles, my steering is still a little off center, and i still have notchy 1-2 shifts when it's cold. i think it's great you're not satisfied with what you have and you do deserve a car that's up to your standards. unfortunately the dealership will give you a hard time 9 times out of 10.

Thread Information