Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by 02civicSI
    oh man, sorry to hear that. i wonder why it didnt want to come off? you musta really pulled on that thing for you to shatter the window or our rear windows are just that weak. hope you get everything worked out.
    Thanks.

Well.. the wiper looked a little rusted at first.. but after the 20 some odd shots of pb most of it was gone.. I mean I did'nt pull up at it, I tried to turn it as described, wiggle it back and forth... nothing worked... I am thinking lexan back window now... Hopefully I won't get raped.

:rofl:
    pictures not working... anyone care up post pictures up again? need to delet my rear wipers.

Anyone have pictures of this?

Just some info from when I deleted my wiper blade because I never use it and I want to use the switch to power my underbody leds and external lights...

I did mine for like $3 worth of parts and reused some of the parts from removing the wiper. but so you know honda has a wiper delete plug thing for $33 on ebay that is a stock piece that plugs up the wiper hole rather then making your own I only made my own because it was super cheap rather then spending $33 but at some point i will probably get the one from honda.

all you need to do is reuse the big washers that come off the wiper and the rubber ring that fits into the window hole. and you need to get yourself some smaller washers and about a 2in screw just put it into the hole and tighten it up use locking nuts and tight it good on the inside it will squeeze against the rubber to make it seal. now to make it look not lame on the part you see from the outside i used a little bondo and made a rounded cap then painted it black

I know i didnt go into much actual detail and I will try to take a picture soon but if you read everything and you are use to modding things and you ahve all the material in front of you from taking the wiper apart you should be able to figure it out, now i had almost all of this stuff already in my shop so really it cost me nothing but shouldnt cost you mroe then a few dollars for everything if even that much other then maybe the bondo ifyou dont keep any around.

this was a VERY easy mod and took about 30 minutes total. just make sure you're gentle with removing the rear blade and motor. follow the directions as posted and you should have no problems. thanks for the diy!

Just a bit of information that I keep bringing back the 'hatch for you guys.

Red box is where you take off the nut that holds the wiper arm on.
    Blue box is where you *pull* the wiper arm off. There is no twisting involved. Twisting may actually make it easier to break the rear window. Its vertically threaded. Easiest way (if you still want your wiper arm) would be to use a 3 arm puller.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information