Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by raiyo
    only cost me 11.50 for the entire rear arm from dealer. dunno why it cost u 25.00. cost me alittle less than 25.00 for both front blades and the rear arm.
    thats because my local dealer jacks up their prices.i can buy the parts online for the same price as you but then i have to deal with the shipping charges.

hey, have you found out schematics for where the washer fluid comes from?

im thinking, if im gonna do this, im gonna take all other useless parts out. know what i mean?
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

Originally posted by plainol2k2si

im thinking, if im gonna do this, im gonna take all other useless parts out. know what i mean?
    yea i know what ya mean. i dont have any manuals or books that shows the layout of the hose. it would be great if i could get one of those manuals in .pdf format but i guess nobody wants to share.

good luck... the hose runs up the hatch and down into the c-pillar (on drivers side) across and behind the rear panel and to the door jamb. then it shoots across the floor to the passenger side door jamb and then towards the dash (under the glovebox) and to the front wheel well... sounds like a lot of work for minimal gain. i'm just gonna plug (with a small screw, maybe?) and tie that little hose off in the hatch...

ordered the parts on sat - they'll be in on tueday or wednesday.

Thumbs up

Thanx for the DIY helped out alot i have been meaning to get rid of my wiper since i repainted my car ordered everything and looks GREAT SO DAMN Clean !
    Thanx CrazyLow
    Last edited by CrazyLowEp3; 02-12-2004 at 09:34 PM.

Originally posted by glw
    good luck... the hose runs up the hatch and down into the c-pillar (on drivers side) across and behind the rear panel and to the door jamb. then it shoots across the floor to the passenger side door jamb and then towards the dash (under the glovebox) and to the front wheel well... sounds like a lot of work for minimal gain. i'm just gonna plug (with a small screw, maybe?) and tie that little hose off in the hatch...

ordered the parts on sat - they'll be in on tueday or wednesday.
    hmm....
    Last edited by chubbychu; 02-16-2004 at 11:07 PM.

That looks GREAT!...Is there any chance you could take another pic a little further away from looking right at the back of the car? I wanna get a broader look at it.

Originally posted by Exit117K20
    That looks GREAT!...Is there any chance you could take another pic a little further away from looking right at the back of the car? I wanna get a broader look at it.
    yea, just look at my members, rides at CLICK HERE

Bro I have to say your car is Tight. I love the Wiper mod. Sorry about all the questions, but as you can seei am new here. The Magnaflow exhaust looks so good, how do you like the preformance/sound?
    P/S thanks for the link to you readers rides site.

how come a single nut can cost so much?

ok... i finally got around to doing this mod and i'm stuck at removing the wiper arm. the diy says "with some force twist".

well with quite a bit of force i'm twisting counterclockwise and clockwise and neither is working. i've taken off the cap and nut but the arm just doesn't seem to want to budge. i've even sprayed wd40 down the bolt holding the arm.

does anyone have some advice?

edit: ok, rocking it worked. i'll take some pictures because it seems that twisting is the wrong thing to do... you'll strip the teeth the wiper arm... also you will need to reuse the rubber piece that protects the window...

edit2: ok, here goes.

wiper arm post showing teeth - to remove arm rock arm base (i also used wd40) and wiggle to get it to pop off.

i tied off my squirter hose wrapping the threads of a metal screw a couple of times before inserting it into the hose. then i used 2 zip ties pulling them tight against the screw threads. i then tucked it into the hatch and zip tied it to itself (red zip tie).

i also bent the connector back around and zip tied it to itself.

and here is a shot of the rubber thing under that nut cap thingee.

and here it is done...

thanks for the diy! it really helps in getting the project done!
    Last edited by glw; 02-21-2004 at 05:31 PM.

how come a single nut can cost so much?
    the nut is actually a cap with a nut type thing molded into the back.

is this the same one they are doing over at clubrsx? they are selling a "kit" for 15 bucks. seems a lot cheaper than 30. =o(

Ok... well I was attempting to do this mod today... following the instructions was quite simple... then I got to taking the actual wiper off... got the nut off easy... tried to get the wiper off, it would'nt budge, sprayed it with pb... re-read directions twice... tried to get it off and it would'nt budge... sprayed it with pb again... and again... took an hour break and then re-read the directions... sprayed it with pb once more, and attempted to remove it... still nothing... I go and eat some dinner after.. spraying it with(Guess what) Pb.. one more time... I come back.... give it a hefty twisting action and..

POP!
    My back windshield is now shattered and until I vacuumed it for an hour.. all over my gutted rear portion of the ep :'(

I stood in shock for 5 minutes thinking... fuck that.. that did'nt just happen, its just hot outside I am seeing shit... but it did happen... luckily(Kind of I guess) the safety glass+5 percent tint combo kept it all in one peace for careful manuever into the trash can(Thankfully I managed to avoid scratching the fuck out of my paint...

Of course.. out of all my weight reduction mods... the rear window is the most gainful.. considering the thing must have weighed 60 lbs and all above the mid-level of the car.... on the down side.. I hope IT DOES'NT RAIN! :angel:

Quote Originally Posted by Sirone
    Ok... well I was attempting to do this mod today... following the instructions was quite simple... then I got to taking the actual wiper off... got the nut off easy... tried to get the wiper off, it would'nt budge, sprayed it with pb... re-read directions twice... tried to get it off and it would'nt budge... sprayed it with pb again... and again... took an hour break and then re-read the directions... sprayed it with pb once more, and attempted to remove it... still nothing... I go and eat some dinner after.. spraying it with(Guess what) Pb.. one more time... I come back.... give it a hefty twisting action and..

POP!
    My back windshield is now shattered and until I vacuumed it for an hour.. all over my gutted rear portion of the ep :'(

I stood in shock for 5 minutes thinking... fuck that.. that did'nt just happen, its just hot outside I am seeing shit... but it did happen... luckily(Kind of I guess) the safety glass+5 percent tint combo kept it all in one peace for careful manuever into the trash can(Thankfully I managed to avoid scratching the fuck out of my paint...

Of course.. out of all my weight reduction mods... the rear window is the most gainful.. considering the thing must have weighed 60 lbs and all above the mid-level of the car.... on the down side.. I hope IT DOES'NT RAIN! :angel:
    oh man, sorry to hear that. i wonder why it didnt want to come off? you musta really pulled on that thing for you to shatter the window or our rear windows are just that weak. hope you get everything worked out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information