Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    opens the taps
    I just picked up the Hidden Hitch (model 60971), and it's a really nice unit. Haven't installed it yet, but it looks like a snap. No cutting, no drilling, no problem.

Question Hitch voids warranty?!

I just installed a hidden hitch on my Civic SiR (Canada). Are you guys saying having a hitch on the car voids the warranty? In hindsight I should have checked this out before getting one installed, but isn't that a bit harsh? I have a small utility trailer that I'll be using to tow a 15' canoe (total canoe weight is only 50 lbs), so I'm not sure why this should void a warranty.

I'm wondering if should contact my local Honda dealership and show them the set-up hoping they will agree that it's okay. Or is this just giving them an opportunity to record the fact I have this installed.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Andrew

Hey all, I am also considering a hitch for my EP and was wondering about the wiring harness for turn signals and brakes. What did you do?? Is there a harness for our cars that you just plug in?? Whats the part number for sure for the hidden hitch??

Thanks

opens the taps
    NewfieSiR: I talked to my dealer to see if I could get a hitch from them. Basically they referred me to a place that they recommend for hitches. I also asked about the warranty bit, and the guy said that they don't really break customers balls over having a hitch (warranty or not).

SiRRider: check the post for the Hidden Hitch part #.

Parts # and wiring info...

I went to my Honda dealer this morning and spoke to one of the techs. I asked if the hitch will cause problems with my warranty, and he told me only if I bring the car in for major work and it's obvious that the hitch was the primary cause of the damage. So if I blow the engine or transmission while towing a school bus I might have problems. But if something goes legitimately wrong with the car, it doesn't matter if the week or month before I was towing a canoe with a hitch. I was relieved to hear this.

So that clears things up with respect to very light items being towed. Not sure if the situation would change if I was planning on towing twin seadoo's or something.

The hidden hitch part number is 60971 (cost me $135 Cdn). The invoice has Honda SiR/Acura RSX so when searching you may try both models. As for the wiring, it has to be hard wired (unlike the larger Honda's like Accords that have plugs). Mine was done using connectors, and they told me they were surprised how easy it was on this model. Installation was $25 and total price of everything (hitch, harness, adaptor, hitch ball, installation) was $245 Cdn.

Thanks for your feedback guys.

can ya take a few pics of it with the ball on and with it off?
    1993 Honda CIVIC SI weekend tire shredder
    1997 Honda CIVIC EX dd status
    2005 Honda ELEMENT AWD EX wifey's
    2003 Honda VTR1000 need for speed
    2007 Honda 400EX/2009 kawi KFX450r off road fun

You can make a search lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information