Close

View Poll Results: How do you keep your back seats normally?

Voters
328. You may not vote on this poll
  • both up

252 76.83%
  • both down

18 5.49%
  • one up, one down

3 0.91%
  • removed back seats

27 8.23%
  • didn't know I had back seats

28 8.54%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Post stupid back seats poll

How do you keep your back seats?
    I got rid of the rear headrests...
    Last edited by BlasTech; 09-15-2002 at 09:57 AM.

sometimes i take off the head rest and lower the back seats but thats only for special dates. =-)

I keep mine up, with the headrests off since they obstruct alot of your view.

Originally posted by ortedd
    I keep mine up, with the headrests off since they obstruct alot of your view.
    Ditto.
    I used to keep my back seats down also, BUT they deform the seat cushions a little after a while.

yeah the head rests really block alot of the view.

When the back seats are down, they then block the rear speakers. (don't they???)

I leave both up, but I removed the head rest on the rigth rear seat since I bring it down to put my hockey gear in there when I play hockey.

I think I'm going to take out the headrests back there and try it out for awhile

hey does it bother you that when you push the front seat forward to get to the back seat and the front seat slides back that the tilt on the back goes back to the original position. I have to keep telling the passenger to recline it back because it freaks me out when they sit up so straight.

Originally posted by Spidey
    hey does it bother you that when you push the front seat forward to get to the back seat and the front seat slides back that the tilt on the back goes back to the original position. I have to keep telling the passenger to recline it back because it freaks me out when they sit up so straight.
    Yea; you would think since honda advertises the passenger seat as having a memory position that would also include the seat-back; not just the bottom portion position. I think that's kinda lame. Especially on the driver's seat. It's nice to just throw something back there by tilting the seat back forward... but NOT on THIS CAR. The last two door I had remembered the seat back position. For a car in this price range, I expect it--it's really lame Honda left that out.

As for the rear head rests, I keep mine in since I don't fold them down much. I think they look too cool to remove and don't really block that much to the rear.

1stockEP

Re: stupid back seats poll

Originally posted by BlasTech
    How do you keep your back seats?
    I got rid of the rear headrests...
    I did the same as soon as I got the car home. They'll probably sit in my basement for as long as I own it.

ephatch member
    I leave them in, and my seats up. And that whole passenger seat thing, with it going straight up, i totally know what your talking about man. I'm constantly saying " y'know the seat tilts back", or "tilt the seat back" And the people just look at me like i'm a freak, or they sit in it , straight up and say " oh its fine" It freakes the hell out of me. I wish it would go back to a sane position instead of straight up and down 90 degree angle. Thats my biggest gripe with the interior.

The canadian version of the EP has no seat memory or height adj. that would be nice. At least something. Am gonna try removing the rear head rests, and see how that is.

With my '86 Si, I left the seats down all the time. But, in the new one, I feel that they're good enough for passenger use, and it's nice to have a cover in the very back (which is actually just big enough to carry my tuba without its case).

Since the seats are up, I leave the headrests attached. Visibility is good enough for me, it's better than letting them roll around the interior, and besides, I'd rather not compromise the safety of anybody sitting back there. I drive well, but I don't trust the other people on the road.
    Last edited by BarracksSi; 11-01-2002 at 08:38 PM.

Comparing with the 96-00 hatches:

While the new rear deck cover is a fraction of the wieght of the old one, the rear seat backs feel 2-3 times heavier... I'm gonna take them out to weigh them one day.

ephatch member
    i took the backseat headrests out the second day of having the ep i'll keep them off until the lease is up

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information