Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Vermicious Knid oldschoolimport's Avatar
    Originally posted by trinispeed
    I use to own a naked CRX...;)
    that ain't naked, more like a 2 piece bikini. I'll try to post pics of a naked crx. seat, wheel ,shifter, e-brake, pedals, ecu. thats it. no cluster, dash, nothin. thats naked.:D only wire past the firewall is the power wire for the fuel pump. guess yours was pretty naked for the street though.

damn, thats a waste of a good interior, if u wanna gut the shit out then go buy a salvaged title SI with the interior already gone!! IMO

Its all about performance. Right now my interior is back in my car, but I will take it out for the next race season. My car will be setup as a race car, including the removed interior, bucket seat and more. This is not a waste of a perfectly good interior, because when something is a waste you are not using it to its fullest. I feel that having your interior in your car while racing IS a waste, look at the points.

1) You are driving in the front seat, not the back, so why have a back seat?

2) Every little advantage must be taken in order to win most races. Seconds count, and weight can slow you down.

3) With a harness the rear seat is useless for a passenger, so why have it?

Different driving styles and uses of the EP are around, some have it for a show car, others a race car, and yet others just use it to go to the store. Each style of driving has a different setup from looks to ride. What you have to understand is that some people are willing to go to extremes to have a car that wins. Removing your interior to save weight is just 1 of the simple changes to making your car a full on race car, it is not extreme. Extreme would be a full cage, drivers only seat, no dash, etc. :)

hey bmx so u can put it all back in when u want to?? that is cool i agree with the weight saving. also how much weight do u think u saved by doin this?? looks ok for a gut i would just drop some light carpet on there to cover some ugly shit.

friends ep3
    :)

suko, do you have other picture with the rear seat remove but everything still there except the rear seat???this picture should be taken from the rear side windows coz i want a picture without the rear seat but with all the doors close. i wanna know what it looks like, coz people usually check my car from the rear window.

i know you guys got gutted rears. but im planning to do the same thing. i was jus curious to see what you guys would think of putting like a layer of thin wood and carpeting over the bare metal to somewhat keep the stock configuration.

ephatch member
    hey man do you have any idea of how many rattles i hear now with it gutted, i could only imagine it with wood banging on metal, it already makes me want to drive into a tree at times:D and i already thought of putting carpet or something else back there but it came out to be to much of a headache to make it look right with all the measuring and shit.:o

i problee dont have anything to do today so i might as well take my back seat out just for kicks haha nice shiet suk!!!

i liked suk02si's set up but i still wanna do that plywood with carpeting over. if its so loud why dont you sound proof it ? they got a diy on it at kseries.com under tech.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information