Close

View Poll Results: Which would u go for?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • One piece solid

13 100.00%
  • Not one piece

0 0%
  • Other - Please specify

0 0%

Solid one piece or not?

Which would you prefer to have? One solid piece bars (strut/tie) or one that is not? One solid piece like Neuspeed front strut and CARB/Mugen rear strut. Not solid piece as in Spoon, J's Racing, Cusco, etc.

I personally like the one solid piece because it allows as less flex as possible. Versus not one piece bars which allows some flex. Some examples below.

Spoon Front Strut - not 1 piece(I know it wont fit USDM EP3)

carb front bar - not 1 piece

carb rear bar - solid 1 piece

mugen rear bar - solid 1 piece

Cusco rear bar - not 1 piece

Neuspeed Front bar - solid 1 piece

Last edited by raiyo; 11-29-2003 at 10:57 PM.

Asshole, Major Asshole Driftin SI's Avatar
    Here's my take on this. You are buying these bars to prevent flex right? Then why buy a bar that already had flex points built into it, kinda defeats the purpose don't you think.

Originally posted by Driftin SI
    Here's my take on this. You are buying these bars to prevent flex right? Then why buy a bar that already had flex points built into it, kinda defeats the purpose don't you think.
    Well, some companies make bars that allows flex, must be a reason why right? Just asking what other feel about bars that allow some flex.

I heard from my girl friend's cousin (mechanic/car freak) which told me that bars allow some flex is better than a bar that doesn't allow any flex at all. The reason is if the bar doesnt allow flex, your car would just slide when u corner. Versus a bar that allow some flex, your car will flex and corner better. I was talking about Mugen's rear sturt bar, and he told me to get Cusco's.

So far, 10 votes towards solid 1 piece bars, and zero for non-solid bars. Then why are people still buying em non-solid piece bars? Brand names such as DC front strut, Spoon rear strut, and J's front strut.
    Last edited by raiyo; 11-30-2003 at 08:51 PM.

I say one piece. With my old 97 EX, I bought a neuspeed one piece, I couldn't believe the difference I could actually feel from something so minor. Then I sold it, why I don't know, bought a three piece...bar, two brackets..and couldn't tell any difference. I think the brackets flex too much and ruin the purpose of having a strut bar.

Asshole, Major Asshole Driftin SI's Avatar
    Originally posted by raiyo

I heard from my girl friend's cousin (mechanic/car freak) which told me that bars allow some flex is better than a bar that doesn't allow any flex at all. The reason is if the bar doesnt allow flex, your car would just slide when u corner. Versus a bar that allow some flex, your car will flex and corner better. I was talking about Mugen's rear sturt bar, and he told me to get Cusco's.

Tell him he's wrong. Take a look at any race car and see how much flex they have in the chassis, none. The stiffer, the better. Our cars are fairly rigid to begin with which is a good starting point. Go one piece or go home.

Thread Information