Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

**What's a good sway bar to get that won't tear out?**

What's a good sway bar to get that won't tear out? Will the 2004 17mm rear sway bar fit on the 2002-03? Who makes the best aftermarket sway bar set?

the JDM type R 22mm sway is a good up grade.. or the more meaty progress sway bar combo gets a thumbs up..

RSX-S Rear Sway Bar will fit on an EP3 Civic Si:

http://www.k-series.com/tech_detail....P3_S_SWAYBAR_R

How big is the RSX-S Rear Sway Bar? Is it bigger than the JDM type R 22mm sway?

Which sway will fit without the risk of a tear out? Do you have to get the beaks kit to prevent tear out?

How big is the progress sway bar combo?

rsx s is 19mm
    ours is 17
    jdm is 22
    not sure on progress..

search!

Originally posted by civicSIracer
    rsx s is 19mm
    ours is 17
    jdm is 22
    not sure on progress..

search!
    our stock sway bar is 15mm , (02-03 models)
    04 si comes with 17mm rear sway bar.
    Progress rear sway bar is 22mm.
    Mugen , 25mm
    Stock 02-03 si rear sway bar's diameter is 15mm, If we upgrade to Progress rear sway bar setup(22mm). New sway bar would be 363% stiffer.
    Last edited by Civicvtec1ps; 11-30-2003 at 02:50 AM.

These are my confessions Zero Three Si's Avatar
    Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
    Mugen , 25mm
    Stock 02-03 si rear sway bar's diameter is 15mm, If we upgrade to Progress rear sway bar setup(22mm). New sway bar would be 363% stiffer.
    DAMN!

But will a 22mm tear out? I have seen many pics online of 22mm tear outs on integra GSRs. Tear outs can be minimized with reinforcement kits but are there any reinforcement kits for the ep3 Si?

Originally posted by oicw
    RSX-S Rear Sway Bar will fit on an EP3 Civic Si:

http://www.k-series.com/tech_detail....P3_S_SWAYBAR_R

How big is the RSX-S Rear Sway Bar? Is it bigger than the JDM type R 22mm sway?

Which sway will fit without the risk of a tear out? Do you have to get the beaks kit to prevent tear out?

How big is the progress sway bar combo?
    Thats a darn good tech guide who did that??;)

Anyways, I think the best bar is the RSX S, reason being is the cost!

If you can get one for under $70.00 shipped, buy it. If not jump for the CTR bar, if you want awsome handling etc...IF you are a everyday guy, get the RSX S, auto x person CTR..;) ...

This should help alot too, i was in your spot when i needed a rear sway bar: Rear Sway Bar Search , helped me alot! I love the RSX S version, i payed $40.00...But i will upgrade to the CTR later on...Good luck.;)

But will a 22mm tear out? I have seen many pics online of 22mm tear outs on integra GSRs. Tear outs can be minimized with reinforcement kits but are there any reinforcement kits for the ep3 Si?
    Not sure, i think (hotchiks or hothchiks), i spell their name wrong i think...I think they make endlinks for the Acura RSXs. But i dont think thier is anyone on here or even k-series.com who has broken their endlinks..I think if you push your car hard like 24/7 you can do it...

22mm is too hard? Try the Mugen 25mm lol...Ultimate handling, it might rip your endlinks and metal too! lol...

Comment if im wrong please..;)

Neuspeed, Comptech, and Progress all sell 22mm bars that have integrated reinforcement to prevent tear outs, the progress looks the least strong of the three in pictures, but I have never seen any of them in person. Tear out may be an issue with a 22mm or bigger (mugen) bar in conjunction with otherwise stock suspension and hard driving. However, Comptech now sells a 22mm bar without reinforcement and the CTR bar obviously does not have it either. Hotchkis (a very good susp. company IMO) will have a sway bar kit that replaces both front and rear available for our car by christmas, their rear bar does not have support, it is a 25.4mm (1 in) bar but it is hollow so it is not as stiff as a solid 25.4mm. Check out the rsx bars on their website, ours will be very similar.

Personally I recommend the rsx bar if you have stock suspension and are a daily driver, check out the following thread: http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread....threadid=24013

Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
    Mugen , 25mm
    How is this calculated? Do you have a formula that tells you how much stiffer a given size bar is than one of a different size? Or was this information listed somewhere?

If it is a formula how do you account for the variable of different types of material, ie: hollow vs. solid, and different alloys of steel that affect how stiff a given bar is?

Really curious because I wanted to calulate this myself before buying a sway bar. Thanks.

Originally posted by f4hondaphile
    How is this calculated? Do you have a formula that tells you how much stiffer a given size bar is than one of a different size? Or was this information listed somewhere?
    Formula for sway bar stiffness of a solid steel bar
    (new diameter/old diameter) to fourth power
    I am pretty sure thats the right forumula. However there are plenty conversion chart for sway bars. Ive seen it somewhere but i cant find it now. I think stock endlinks are strong enough to handle 22mm rear anti sway bar.But I am getting better endlinks eventualy,just in case. I had 02 ex , Stock rear sway bar were 12mm. Upgraded to 19mm rsx sway bar. Hell of differences.

Anybody on this board install a 22mm and drive it hard and has NOT experienced tear out?

Going from 15mm to 22mm is a big difference. I don't think the stock end links can handle such a big difference. Are there any reinforcement kits?

How much is a CTR 22mm sway and where can you get them?
    How big is the front Hotchkis sway?
    Does the Neuspeed 22mm come with reinforcement kit?

Can't help with a 22m not tearing out from personal experience but I can tell you that the Hotchkis front sway is the same size as our stock one, 25.4mm, but it is hollow, and has two position adjustability it should be a small but noticeable amount stiffer than stock. Hotchkis lists the percentage it is stiffer in both positions on their website, hotchkistuning.net, I think they only have the info for the rsx bars right now but ours will be very similar and should be available within a month. The CTR bar is 100 shipped from hondawerx.com as a ephatch special, the same vendor has the rsx bar with bushings for 85 shipped, look on the vendor page of this site. Your local acura dealer should sell you the bar for 75 and about 4 a peice for the bushings. The neuspeed sway is reinforced they have good pictures on their website, neuspeed.com

Hope this helps.

Smile

I went with the 19mm RSX-S Sway bar and I autocross. The car rotates nicely with this bar. I'm not convinced a bigger bar would help much but I have not tried it either. I wonder if you would suffer from excessive oversteer? How about snap oversteer at the wrong time...like on a freeway on ramp?

Anyone have experience with autocrossing the 22mm?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information