Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I got the progress sways front and rear and drive it hard 2 days a month at the autox... no problems...

I drive hard all the time. After reading all of this, I'm thinking of going with the RSX-S bar b/c I don't want to tear anything out. Can anyone verify that the CTR does not have reinforcment built in to the endlinks? We know the CTR bar in not reinforced.

Ive autocrossed/daily driven for half a year, and even taken a performance driving shool with absolutely no problems using a 22mm bar. The wheel/tire combo on my car is about 3 lbs lighter than stock on each corner

Originally posted by BlasTech
    Ive autocrossed/daily driven for half a year, and even taken a performance driving shool with absolutely no problems using a 22mm bar. The wheel/tire combo on my car is about 3 lbs lighter than stock on each corner
    Thanks!

Are beefed up end links available for sale? Is there a beaks kit available?

Looking of a reinforcement kit.

*** There are some GSR guys on the hondatech.com & hondaacura.net with 22mm rear sways with out reinforcement kit who experienced tear out and posted pics online.

Originally posted by oicw
    Are beefed up end links available for sale? Is there a beaks kit available?

Looking of a reinforcement kit.

*** There are some GSR guys on the hondatech.com & hondaacura.net with 22mm rear sways with out reinforcement kit who experienced tear out and posted pics online.
    our cars dont have and reinforcement kits. what u could do is get a lower tie bar for that area, that'll be the closest to a reinforcement kit u can get. i might be wrong.

i would recommend u to get a CTR 22mm, but if you're scared if ripping, get a RSX 19mm.

read somewhere here that if you get a rear anti sway bar over 20mm it's recommended to get a tie bar so that you don't damage the crossmember and/or rip your subframe. Low tie bar does nothing. I'de think that it would do more than the rear tie bar. If you're convinced about the usefulness of the rear tie bar, then I would get the rear strut bar as well. Then again, a sway bar does more than any of those components. It's like this: 40% rims, 30% sway bar, 20% strut bar, and 10% tie bar. You need all of these components to decrease the body roll during a high speed turn. rear tie bar won't do anything without a sway bar upgrade.All it does it keep a thicker rear anti sway bar from ripping or flexing the rear crossmember. It does nothing in terms of feel, think of it as reinforcement and only works for bars 21mm or thicker in the rear.If you guys are looking to buy new endlinks. Try GREY's custom endlinks. Alot better than hotchkis and cheaper.

I am eager to try those out sometime later. Once i get new sway bar.(damn i hate being BROKE.:yellm: )
    He added washers and o-rings on the outside to cushion the endlinks and to muffle and noise they might make due to some play in the bushing and housing.also added a washer to space the endlink out. Fun toy

Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
    Try GREY's custom endlinks. Alot better than hotchkis and cheaper.
    Where can I find these. I tried a Google search, but no luck.

Originally posted by glw
    I got the progress sways front and rear and drive it hard 2 days a month at the autox... no problems...
    I also have the 22 mm progress bars with tie bar ... it is SUPER beefy -- I see NO WAY IN HELL the bar will tear out ...

check it ... (notice the third set of bolts hiding the tie bar on, those go through the lower control arms ... no way its coming out... no way)

Originally posted by sleepin02si
    Where can I find these. I tried a Google search, but no luck.
    http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...hreadid=102971

4u2nv
    ive had the mugen rear bar on for over 10000 miles and had no problems. and i drive hard all the time

trk, Does the Progress 22mm sway come with the backing plates or do you get the backing plate when you buy the tie bar?

Does the Neuspeed, Comptech, Hotchkis, come with the backing plates?

trk, Does the Progress 22mm sway come with the backing plates or do you get the backing plate when you buy the tie bar?

Does the Neuspeed, Comptech, Hotchkis, come with the backing plates?

the progress bar "plate" you are talking about IS THE tie bar.. and yes it comes with it.

I thought that the tie bar was sold separately. Is Progress the only rear swaybar kit that includes the tie bar & backing plate?

I thought that the tie bar was sold separately. Is Progress the only rear swaybar kit that includes the tie bar & backing plate?
    The tie bar is def. included with the Progress bar. I don't know if anyone else sells theirs with the tie bar or not.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information