Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ephatch member

Turning off A/C during defog

Ok, so you turn the vent position to defog the windshield, and the A/C pops on. And no matter how many times you poke the A/C button, it doesn't go off.

Well, from the depths of the Honda IDrive information system, here's how to put you A/C control into Manual mode:

1) Car off
    2) Set vent control to Vent (Little guy sitting down with arrow in his face, furthest left)
    3) Turn key one click to Accessory positon (Stereo comes on, not insturment lights)
    4) Push and hold both the Recirc and A/C buttons
    5) While still holding those two buttons, turn the key to the ON position. Keep holding. AFter a few secodns, the light on the Recirc buttion will start to flash. Keep holding both 'till the A/C button lights up.

Now, you're in Manual mode. A/C will still come on when you select the Defog or Defog/Floor, but you can now turn it off by hitting the A/C button.

To put it back into Auto mode (god forbid), use the same procedure, but put the vent control to Defog rather then Vent.

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    Cool - thanks alot! This was driving me crazy. I hate using the A/C when I don't really wnat it on.

You rock, dude. I was just dealing with it, thought it was another _ucked up trick by Honda to force me to use A/C in defog mode like I was some girl or something and didn't know how to toggle it myself!:D

Still Around...
    What a great post. Is that in the owners manual? I've had some people ask me about that, and my usual response is, "o well, its just the way it is".
    I have some other cars in the stable that do the same... I'm gonna check out if theres a "manual" mode for them.

SiCivic2k2
    Maybe mine's broke or something. It doesn't do it. Good for me I guess. :)

ephatch member
    Is that in the owners manual?
    Nope. Honda says the "Auto" mode allows for optimum fog removal... apparently we're too dumb to decide for ourselves :D

I happened across that tidbit in our IDrive information system. Seems enough customers want to know how to turn it off, and we're only supposed to tell 'em if they complain about it.....

stingyboy
    what other secrets are you hiding from us?

;)

ephatch member
    More information will be released as it becomes available ;)

thanks alot man how did you figure that out

ephatch member
    I work for a Honda Dealership. We've got a system from Honda Canada called "IDrive", which gives us a computer database linked to HC's files and archives. Lots of findings on problems cars have had (so we can troubleshoot them easier), technical bulletiens, on-line service manuals, etc.

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    Originally posted by Hondatech
    I work for a Honda Dealership. We've got a system from Honda Canada called "IDrive", which gives us a computer database linked to HC's files and archives. Lots of findings on problems cars have had (so we can troubleshoot them easier), technical bulletiens, on-line service manuals, etc.
    Man, think of all the info they're holding from us. I think we should kidnap this guy and make hime tell us everything he knows! :D J/K!

I'll get the rope

SiCivic2k2
    I got the car. :)

ephatch member
    :p

punkdork

Thumbs up

THANK YOU! I had friggin idiot settings like the auto AC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information