Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    haha whats a modorator? estebones's Avatar
    Originally posted by ep3guy
    Can you take some pics further away to see what it looks like on the car?
    I think I have some on my hd but I'm at work at the moment so I'll post them up tomorrow mornin'

Asshole, Major Asshole Driftin SI's Avatar
    Magnaflow

Borla!

Totally incognito ( or in baritto!)

I love my borla! Sound is NEVER a fart-can high pitch wanna be ricer shit. always low, deep, and burbally and not loud or intrusive. NO DRONE AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS!:D

Burbally!

If somebody can make a dual tip aftermarket system with a flat black coating over the muffler that uses the stock diameter tips. All those exhausts attract way too much attention. Big tips (in my opinion), are a thing of the past.

Originally posted by Blackapino85
    check out the magnaflow. i have it and i think its great. i used to have the hks but switched to this for the oem appeal. great quality, price, and sound imo.
    I'm curious as to what you think the sound difference is between the HKS and the Magnaflow. Usually people switch from the Magnaflow to something like the Greddy because they say the Magnaflow is too loud. In your opinion, is that true?

Also, does it drone at highway speed? I couldn't stand for any drone due to my 60+ highway mile round trip to school 3 days a week.

Any other opinions/characteristics of how the two compare/differ would be greatly appreciated

539 shipped to your door from showstoppers (showstoppersusa.com). Go to their contact page. Call. Ask for chuck. He
    Last edited by CivicSiR; 12-09-2003 at 12:16 PM.

in response to the magnaflow vs hks post... (i dont know how to quote)... i just got my magnaflow installed. it is VERY loud inside the car especially. at high way speeds it does drone, which isnt all that bad if you listen to the radio. but the drone is forgetten when driving around town or revving to higher rpms and hearing the exhaust scream. besides, the price cannot be beaten unless you find a used hks. i love my magnaflow!

I

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ep pilot
    [B]

I

Anyone know where in California, or where period I could get a better deal on the HKS Hi-Power cat-back. I don't want to pay HKS's $695.00 price if there is a better deal.

-Ryan

Originally posted by ep pilot
    Anyone know where in California, or where period I could get a better deal on the HKS Hi-Power cat-back. I don't want to pay HKS's $695.00 price if there is a better deal.

-Ryan
    You can just buy it from showstoppersusa,They sell hks hiper catback for around $540 shipped.

Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
    You can just buy it from showstoppersusa,They sell hks hiper catback for around $540 shipped.

Can anyone verify if the HKS Hi-power cat-back from showstoppers is the same p/n as this ...
    32003-BH001 HONDA Civic Si 2002-2003 ; Includes Inner Silencer HP 115 60 $695.00

Originally posted by IIx 03 EP xII
    in response to the magnaflow vs hks post... (i dont know how to quote)... i just got my magnaflow installed. it is VERY loud inside the car especially. at high way speeds it does drone, which isnt all that bad if you listen to the radio. but the drone is forgetten when driving around town or revving to higher rpms and hearing the exhaust scream. besides, the price cannot be beaten unless you find a used hks. i love my magnaflow!
    Sorry to bring this post back, but how loud would you say you have to turn the stock radio up (at highway speeds w/ the windows up) to completly drown out the drone from the Magnaflow exhaust?

I want to make sure the drone won't be a hassle at highway speeds to avoid buying something and then realizing it would be too loud for the highway commute :o

Thanks for the help!

I always listen to mine at the top end of three volume bars, the click right before it goes to 4, Speakers still sound undistorted there, and you dont have to worry about drone of the exhaust... MAGNAFLOW PWN3DZ JOO!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information