Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Originally posted by potator
    I'm pretty much sold on the Magnaflow, and thinking of getting one within this month or the next. I just love the shiny twin-tip look, rather than the ricey (in my opinion) humongous coffee can look. Now all I need to know are the performance and sound issues. From what I've read so far in this thread, the Magnaflow is a rather loud exhaust? How do you all like the sound? And is it a high or low pitched sound? Do you feel like you've lost a bit of low end? If so, how much? Do you feel that it has given you some top end? How much? And also, are there any compatibility problems? Like I remember some people were having some problems with their Greddy EVO's clinging on the bottom of their cars. Does it make the engine light (or any other light) turn on in the dashboard? And lastly, where did all you guys buy your Magnaflow from? And who much? It would also help if you told me where you got it installed, and for how much. All of this info would be very valuble, and I'm ready to go buy my Magnaflow. :)
    Wow, the 20 questions post. Just go get the MagnaFlow, you will like it! The performance gains are noticeable (no decrease that I can tell anywhere in the power band) and semi-loud especially during WOT but not too loud IMO.

JDMCARS.COM

Magnaflow

I'm pretty much sold on the Magnaflow, and thinking of getting one within this month or the next. I just love the shiny twin-tip look, rather than the ricey (in my opinion) humongous coffee can look. Now all I need to know are the performance and sound issues. From what I've read so far in this thread, the Magnaflow is a rather loud exhaust? How do you all like the sound? And is it a high or low pitched sound? Do you feel like you've lost a bit of low end? If so, how much? Do you feel that it has given you some top end? How much? And also, are there any compatibility problems? Like I remember some people were having some problems with their Greddy EVO's clinging on the bottom of their cars. Does it make the engine light (or any other light) turn on in the dashboard? And lastly, where did all you guys buy your Magnaflow from? And who much? It would also help if you told me where you got it installed, and for how much. All of this info would be very valuble, and I'm ready to go buy my Magnaflow. :)
    I just installed mines on Saturday. It is not loud when your cruisin' below 60mph. The sound is NICE!!! All my friend's was like: "Thats a Magnaflow. Its sounds great." Its a nice low tone. I dont feel a lost in the low end, matter of fact it seems that the car picks up a lil quicker. I do feel a lil gain not much. There is no compatibility problems I ran across, no dashboard light (CEL). I got mines from Performace-Curve. They are on ebay but u can call them and get it at the starting price $275+ s/h ($30)= $305. You can put it on urself not hard, just need a jack, jack stands, and wrenchs.

FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    Thermal Stealth Cat-Back.

Sorry it's dirty. it's an old pic. It's Polished Stainless Steel.

Eric

Thumbs up

Thanks for the replies, HondaMan, and DJLJS32!
    I've pretty much now decided to get the Magnaflow, so the only thing left for me to do is some price searching. Oh and one (final?) question: Is the Magnaflow catback a stainless steel kit just like the Skunk2? If it is, then that's kickass. Again, thanks for the info, and if anyone else has answers to my previous questions, please feel free to still answer your own opinions.

Thanks for the replies, HondaMan, and DJLJS32!
    I've pretty much now decided to get the Magnaflow, so the only thing left for me to do is some price searching. Oh and one (final?) question: Is the Magnaflow catback a stainless steel kit just like the Skunk2? If it is, then that's kickass. Again, thanks for the info, and if anyone else has answers to my previous questions, please feel free to still answer your own opinions.
    Your welcome! :)

EP3 MAGNAFLOW = ALL STAINLESS STEEL, MANDREL-BENT, CAT-BACK SYSTEM

MagnaFlow Muffler example pic

http://magnaflow.com/
    Last edited by HondaMan; 01-06-2004 at 10:52 AM.

check out hottexhaust.com for good pricing on the magnaflow system. $322 there and damn, thats a great price for this kickass exhaust

Great, so far, performance-curve, and hottexhaust seems to have the lowest prices, which are similar. Anyone know how much it will cost for a shop to install this catback? What price should I expect?

Great, so far, performance-curve, and hottexhaust seems to have the lowest prices, which are similar. Anyone know how much it will cost for a shop to install this catback? What price should I expect?
    Like DJLJS32 said: You can put it on urself not hard, just need a jack, jack stands, and wrenchs.

It's an easy install...not sure how much someone would charge...should be less than $50.

omg you guys spend way too much for the minimal gains of an exhaust... theres no reason to spend that much unless a)k20a/a2 swap b)forced induction c)some crazy 10k redline n/a setup

custom 2.25in catback (crushbent)
    Magnaflow resonator
    magnaflow muffler
    generic 4in stainless tip
    cost? $100
    $500+ for an exhaust? HA!

btw i was kinda sorta goin for the comptech look
    and altho the tip looks small... its 4 inches across...

Originally posted by idrive

omg you guys spend way too much for the minimal gains of an exhaust... theres no reason to spend that much unless a)k20a/a2 swap b)forced induction c)some crazy 10k redline n/a setup

custom 2.25in catback (crushbent)
    Magnaflow resonator
    magnaflow muffler
    generic 4in stainless tip
    cost? $100
    $500+ for an exhaust? HA!

btw i was kinda sorta goin for the comptech look
    and altho the tip looks small... its 4 inches across...
    looks good, I have 2.25" crushbent also, but with stock muffler.

I however just recently bought my comptech back...I'm going to be buying the greddy turbo ;)

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
    I wish more people would try it out also...I know one guy here put it on his car..loved it!
    Yea, Does anyone have pics / sounds of one of these installed?

I just had to :D got my comptech back

Originally posted by GrahamBo '02
    Yea, Does anyone have pics / sounds of one of these installed?
    only thing I can find:

and that car is forsale: http://www.neuspeed.com/forsale/carsforsale.html

Only ephatcher I know of that has one is silentplanet...he likes it...oh and it comes with two resonators in the midpipe section
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...uspeed+exhaust

creator of ephatch DownTheHatch's Avatar
    Heres mine:

whoa, nice, whatd u have to do to make the hks fit the bc3 rear? or does it not need any modding

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information