Close

Emergency Brake Handle

I just got my 03 EP and the only thing that I just don't like about the interior is the cheap emergency brake handle. It really disappoints me because they did a nice job on the stock wheel and shift knob. I know this had to bother someone else so let's see pics of E-brake mods.

After I saw RX8's e-brake I had to agree that it is not nice, but not cheap though. What mod you have found to improve its look?

Well, in the course of browsing some general pic threads I've seen pics of the E-brake boot that they sell on Ebay and at www.jujeracing.com. That boot improves the look a little but it doesn't replace the crappy handle sleeve. What I'm really wondering is if you can mate that boot to a Momo E-brake handle cover. I don't want to buy a $75 handle just to find that it won't fit our car or won't mate to the boot. I've attached a pic of a typical Momo E-brake handle. If anyone knows if you can install these E-brake handles on our brake please advise and post a pic.

who gives a fk :)

Vermicious Knid oldschoolimport's Avatar
    bringing back the dead
    if it is like other hondas, the handle part has to be cut from the rest of the plastic, and split to get it off. I did my old car, only because I had a parts car in case I f'ed up. I never took pics, sorry. hope this brief explanation helps.

I would like to see a DIY on this. I do not like are e-brake that much so an upgrade would be great.

Thread Information