Close

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: JRSC installed

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
    well, no dyno, but I've seen it on other si's...older models...it shouldn't be hard my friend :)
    Why hondata doesn't list a base tune is beyond me

Here's an example of the type s...do you have any idea how crazy it is to see such tq for a sc'd 4 banger? stock boost...hondata is the key...more rpms help, imo
    http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...hreadid=123706

8600RPM Pull
    255 WHP
    202 lb/ft of tq

8100RPM Pull
    246 WHP
    223 lb/ft of tq
    Yeah, Scott has since move into an Evo VIII, so we probably won't see much more of his developement. He was running 5psi on that, really hard to believe IMO, as far as the tq numbers anyway. I would hope I could do the same on mine.;)

Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
    Yeah, Scott has since move into an Evo VIII, so we probably won't see much more of his developement. He was running 5psi on that, really hard to believe IMO, as far as the tq numbers anyway. I would hope I could do the same on mine.;)
    yeah, I saw that post about him switching to the evo

anyone know if 1 fstr si has standard bolt-ons or what mods he does have?

tenacious G- as of what i have done to my car performance wise, i have an injen CAI, and a magnaflow cat-back, changed the plugs to NGK's, and i am running the JR powercard. to keep tabs on everything, i have the JR boost guage, and A/F guage. thats it. i am going to hopefully soon get a DC sports ceramic header, and then i will spend the money on the dyno run.

as for the video you guys are anxiously awaiting, unfortunately, you are going to have to wait a little longer. late friday night, early saturday morning, it snowed about 5 inches, and i was half tempted to cancel my alarm install this morning, but decided against that, and reluctantly drove my car in the shitty weather. i didnt take my camera with me, and the weather was nowhere near worthy of a 0-60 run. on a sadder note, by the time my alarm was done, and i was totally out of my way to go home and get my video camera, the roads melted enough that i could do some boosting, but, lots of cops were out, so i took it easy. at the autorama tho, upon entering the underground parking garage, my magnaflow set off the aftermarket alarm on a nice new H2. and when i left, heres the great thing, i gave it enough throttle going past all the ppl leaving the show that the bypass valve was starting to close and whistle, and i heard quite a few remarks saying "HEY, that things turbo'd", or, my personal favorite, " hey, he's running boost, dawg" and i had four ppl in the car with me.

and heres the thing you guys will love. on the way home, a focass ZX3 with some fake HID's and projector headlights, a big wing on his roof, and a big fart can flew past me and got in the left turn lane i was gettin ready to get in, and when he turned he got on it. my buddy in the back seat said, man, hes gettin on it, so, i all of a sudden said, screw it. so i got on it a lil bit, and lost some traction, so i shifted, and got into boost, and caught up really quick, and then he saw that and dropped gears and got on it full throttle, big cloud of stuuf came out the back. i laid into third and flew right up on his ass, let off, and the did it again to give him the picture. then i had to turn, cuz i didnt feel like pressing my luck and getting a ticket.

but, when it dries out here in ohio, i promise you guys i will get a 0-60 vid (with no wacking off noise in the background, no clue where that came from), but i cant promise you it will be anythime soon, cuz, well, its ohio. the weather is unpredictable, and sucks.

Nice story, I recommend the DC header and feel a little presumptious at this time...but will likely do the JRSC as you have, just a little more dramatic of course. Congrats on your setup!:tongue:

Originally posted by 1 fstr si
    But i cant promise you it will be anythime soon, cuz, well, its ohio. the weather is unpredictable, and sucks.
    How about the weather tonight? 4-8 inches of snow and sleet. Geez. Whenever you have the opportunity to get a vid is cool. Make sure it's safe out first.

Originally posted by D16Y8_Turbo
    How about the weather tonight? 4-8 inches of snow and sleet. Geez. Whenever you have the opportunity to get a vid is cool. Make sure it's safe out first.
    It's 75-80 degrees and sunny here. I even had to trade in my jeans for a pair of shorts earlier today. Hehe

Keep rubbing it in.

Originally posted by 1 fstr si
    i am going to hopefully soon get a DC sports ceramic header, and then i will spend the money on the dyno run.
    Kamikaze proved to be some of the best headers for supercharged civics in the past
    http://www.bigjoshracing.com/store/shop/index.html

You may want to try them.. they are cheaper than DC

Thanks,
    ry

Not that fast......yet! 2fastcivic's Avatar
    Originally posted by mhx
    Kamikaze proved to be some of the best headers for supercharged civics in the past
    http://www.bigjoshracing.com/store/shop/index.html

You may want to try them.. they are cheaper than DC

Thanks,
    ry
    interesting. i didnt even know kamikaze made a header for the ep. anyone on here bought one yet??

Did I read correctly that it has 1 3/4" primary tubes?!!! That's fucking HUGE; my 95 Z28 only had 1 5/8" headers on and it made over 300 whp. If that's the case I would think that header would make the car dog-slow below 6K rpm.

just reading through the directions with the kit. have a few questions for those who have installed it, before i start on mine. the powercard, the four wires you have to splice, it doesn't matter what inector wire they go to, just put the four from the card to the four injector wires. the install looks fairly easy, but if there are any little problems you came across and could tell me know, might be a big help. also did your kit come with gauges or did you buy them sep? thanks

dave
    1993 Honda CIVIC SI weekend tire shredder
    1997 Honda CIVIC EX dd status
    2005 Honda ELEMENT AWD EX wifey's
    2003 Honda VTR1000 need for speed
    2007 Honda 400EX/2009 kawi KFX450r off road fun

1 and 3/4 inch primaries would be fine for a high hp motor because your z28 is making ~300whp or ~150 per bank which is less than a 4cylinder with mods/forced induction (which i think the header was intended for) on my big block mopar i had a 1 and 7/8 primary and 3 inch collector for a 500hp 500ft/lb motor
    `

just my $0.02

yep, thats exactly it. there are no specific order that the injector wires need to be connected. i bought the guages seperate, they dont come in the kit and have to be bought seperate, which is good, because if you dont like the JR guages, you can get different ones, that you like.

Hi folks,

Well, I just heard back from Jackson about my supercharger that went out. What happened was, one of the inlet needle bearings went out. Why this happened was because, when they assembled the unit, the bearing was not pushed onto the propeller all the way. This caused the propeller not to be perpendicular and thus, rubbed inside the bearing and just wore it out. So they completely went through my blower and replaced and tested everything and it will be on my doorstep on Friday.

But now here

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread Information